It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Anonymous' hacker group threatens 'reign of terror' against Israel

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   

www.haaretz.com

“Through the use of media deception and political bribery, you have amassed the sympathies of many. You claim to be democratic, yet in reality this is far from the truth. In fact, your only goal is to better the lives of a select few while carelessly trampling the liberties of the masses,” says the clip's computer-generated narrator over ominous background music.

The video also makes reference to the possibility of an Israeli strike on Iran, claiming that Israel has “taken steps to ensure a nuclear holocaust,” and that it will not be allowed “to attack a sovereign country based u
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I'm really not sure how they could remove Israel from the internet although it will be interesting to see how this plays out. I have read a lot about people regarding anonymous as some sort of false flag type group used to further internet censorship by TPTB, this seems to kind of go against that.

I'm really not sure about anonymous, this could be used to further shut down the net or it could be a genuine attempt to attack Israel, or both. I wonder if they can actually follow through on this warning....

www.haaretz.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 9-2-2012 by sir_slide because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by sir_slide

IF Anon were to take down Israel's connection to the interwebs...that would make them a major player in world affairs, hence a target. Not only from the Israelis.

They'd best remember that when playing with fire, you may be burned.
edit on 9-2-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

That's what I was thinking, Mossad are a resourceful bunch and not to be trifled with. Anon may see themselves in some serious doo doo if they follow through on this, I'd be a little worried if I were a member of Anon, I've read some of the things Mossad have gotten up to over the years....

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
While Anonymous should be careful for themselves, I'm a little more worried about something else. More and more pressure is being put on that part of the world, rumors flying everywhere, sabres being pulled from scabbards. You don't shout "Boo" in a situation like that if you don't want the shooting to start.

Say Israel treats it as an Iranian attack under cover of the Anonymous name. Then, of course, Israel attacks Iran, maybe blowing up one of its computer centers. Well, there you go and let me know when it's safe to come out.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by sir_slide

Part of me thinks that it is human nature to poke the bear while it's sleeping...and then they seem suprised when it wakes up angry.

"Hey! We were just kidding around!"

But the bear just doesn't care. He's ornery because some one interrupted his sleep.

edit on 9-2-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Israel's cyber defense among world's best, new study shows

The report emphasizes the paradox that information security experts repeat over and over: the more a country depends on technology and computers, the more vulnerable it is to attacks. On the other hand, progress in the realm of computer security allows experts to better understand existing threats.

According to Isaac Ben-Israel, senior security advisor to Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and a professor at Tel Aviv University, Israel sees approximately 1,000 hacking attempts every minute, although it is able to block most of them. And although hacking groups such as Anonymous are able to cause minimal damage, the greatest threats come from “states and major crime organizations.”

Ben-Israel further emphasized the vulnerability of computer security systems, stating that “a cyber-war can inflict the same type of damage as a conventional war,” saying that cyber technology can bring down power and water supplies “without firing a single bullet.”
www.haaretz.com...

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by sir_slide

www.haaretz.com

says the clip's computer-generated narrator over ominous background music.

not quite ominous as it is epic like just before the climax of an intense movie.....huge battle idea haha

anyways- GOOD FOR THEM good luck and take down acta while you are at it anonymous people!
edit on 9-2-2012 by Majestyka because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-2-2012 by Majestyka because: the

edit on 9-2-2012 by Majestyka because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Oh no! They may DDoS again, watch out!

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Know what I think?

I think any idiot with the know how can make a video using a computer generated voice over, slap the word "Anonymous" on it and say whatever they want.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

I tend to agree.

nevertheless my popcorn is on the stove.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Anonymous shanonamous,these wankas promise the world but give us an atlas,they are a C.I.A psy op im sure of it,another boogie man/group to be angry/scared or love,anyway its a brainwash mechinism,the internet good / bad guy,just my opinion,think about its very sneaky,so dont blame your government when the pres hits the kill switch. lol

yeah take down ACTA, B.P,THE FED COME ON SHOW YOU COLOURS!!!!!!
edit on 10-2-2012 by BULLETINYOURHEAD because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
You really don't understand Anonymous then, it is no select group of people with a particular agenda. It is a huge, wide variety of people who choose to use protest or be active for different reasons. I mean a few years back Anonymous were protesting scientology, they exposed the group for what it was and spread a lot of information that was considered hidden and unfit for public consumption.

You cannot generalize this group.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
All im saying is if you are who you say you are,stop farkn around,take everyrthing down what are you waiting for "longer jailtime"put a real fire cracker in the systems rectum, bring the power back to the people if thats who there fighting for?

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal
Know what I think?

I think any idiot with the know how can make a video using a computer generated voice over, slap the word "Anonymous" on it and say whatever they want.

Thats what I like about Anonymous. It's the spreading of an idea. There is no single person behind Anonymous. Figuratively speaking of course.

Every video tagged as Anonymous in my opinion holds just as much credibility as if it was the first video to ever be released. Its the idea of an anonymous person who would probably not want their name out there.

There is no true Anonymous if you really think about it. For it is everybody who shares the same idea on a given subject. In this case calling Israel out.

To think they don't have too much power in the region, and some kind of shady relationship with the US to me is laughable.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
While Anonymous should be careful for themselves, I'm a little more worried about something else. More and more pressure is being put on that part of the world, rumors flying everywhere, sabres being pulled from scabbards. You don't shout "Boo" in a situation like that if you don't want the shooting to start.

Say Israel treats it as an Iranian attack under cover of the Anonymous name. Then, of course, Israel attacks Iran, maybe blowing up one of its computer centers. Well, there you go and let me know when it's safe to come out.

Exactly. Scapegoat.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by BeforeTheHangmansNoose

Exactly! They could be any stereotypical teenage wannabe hacker or some 30yr old deepweb computer omnipotent living in his/her mothers basement next door to MIT.

Anon are certainly making a name for themselves but I think I'll put my bitcoins on MOSSAD

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
mypetjawa.mu.nu...

Anonymous is not a freedom or democracy advocacy group, nor is Anonymous the slightest bit interested in promoting free speech, that doesn't agree with its own nebulous, ill-stated, and often contradictory goals and talking point propaganda. Quite the opposite, Anonymous seeks to silence dissent both within and without the group and has demonstrated no qualms about openly using the digital online equivalent of terrorist tactics and lynch mobs to achieve this silence.

Anon supporters why do you want the law to free a pedo?

edit on 10-2-2012 by aivlas because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by aivlas

whats this guy talking about
and how does it in anyway related to this thread? hmm this looks shill-ish to me...

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   
The question is slightly off topic yes and prob should of gone in the opdarknet thread but meh. You not been keeping up with the latest anon news I take it? got to love anon propaganda.

Hint for you - A phone transcript

EDIT - Should make some nice leverage
keep the blinkers on

edit on 10-2-2012 by aivlas because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join