It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very large bright ?STAR?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Okay it has taken me about two weeks to finally put this up on to ATS it was very confusing for me being a new member. Anyway my girlfriend and I were looking into the night sky and saw this amazing bright star in the sky here is the link to the photo. Enjoy.

Hope the link works, i'm new to this.
Thanks.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Nice teaser, I am dying for more over here. Your link did not work. Hopefully someone in the know will pop in that can help.

Do you have multiple photo's? Are they digital?

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Looks like Venus. Ver Nice. Jupiter is also big and bright tonight. Mars is also becoming bright again and is shining at the 1st magnitude. It is also right next to the moon tonight.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Miltonlava

That could be Jupita the sister planet of Jupiter. Maybe some others might chime in with an opinion.

---------------------------------

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
The really bright object on the bottom is the moon right?

and the one above it is the one in question?

Without knowing the position of the planets and stars in relation to your area...

I'm shooting in the dark and saying that the top object is Mars... its pretty bright these days...

Check out Stellarium use your location and find out what it was

edit on 2/9/12 by EvolEric because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
If the star sets in the west it is Venus. Not too far away is Jupiter. Caught a glimpse of the pair a few nights ago.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by EvolEric

Hi, this is definitely not the moon. The star in question or planet the bottom object. It has not been visible since. I am in the South Island of New Zealand I should have added this information into the OP.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Went back 2 weeks or so and it seems Venus is in the closest vicinity. As of the past week or so Mars has been a little more East, leaning South.

Good capture! Nice and bright.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by murkraz

Thanks for the info. Was a very nice sight.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I found an article with a similar looking picture frm 2009. I posted the link below.

Is something back for another look?

www.examiner.com...

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miltonlava
reply to post by murkraz

Thanks for the info. Was a very nice sight.

Here's a visual for you to compare! Set to New Zealand. It makes sense why you haven't seen it since. That was pretty much the last day for Venus to be where it was to, with the moon combating dawn. Must have been between the 25th and 26th.

Link to software is below. It's great for taking out on a laptop while gazing, makes it more surreal.

www.stellarium.org...
edit on 9/2/12 by murkraz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Is it me, or are stars appearing to be more brighter than what they were last month? There is a star in the night sky in Aus, it is that bright it looks like a freaking mini moon!

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by murkraz

I think the OP is claiming the bottom object was not the moon.

I'm sweating in anticipation of the "N" word. It's a common undercurrent in these the moon is weird/heavy mass object/stars getting brighter threads.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

This is exactly my thoughts!

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by ColAngus

Maybe the dreaded Niburu.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by ColAngus
reply to post by murkraz

I think the OP is claiming the bottom object was not the moon.

I'm sweating in anticipation of the "N" word. It's a common undercurrent in these the moon is weird/heavy mass object/stars getting brighter threads.

...Nib... I can't say it.

It's most definitely the moon all the same, matches up to a T for the date. If I saw an object that big that wasn't the moon, I would shat myself on the spot!

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I wish I could star myself.

Of course it's the moon, but if people who believe in N----- go looking for N-----, they're going to find it, common sense be damned.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Miltonlava

Totally cool pic. Moon was new (invisible) on the 23rd. It was 1st quarter on the 31st. So if you shot this 2 weeks ago on the 26th the moon would have been a slender crescent very close to the setting sun. Time of night?

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Hey any help as to, Did I have to post this thread in the "freshman forums" because it was the only place I could find that would let me start a new thread other than introductions. If I did indeed have to post it here when and where can I start posting elsewhere any help is greatly appreciated!

Sorry if this is a breach of T&C.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Hi... i have been "hanging around" ATS recently.. waking up i guess.. my 1st reply...

I hope it can help this thread...

Just read this article in www.space.com about some "fireballs" hitting the skies. Perhaps it relates to your picture:

www.space.com...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join