It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Willy Wonka

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Rumor has it that Tim Burton is in the process of making a re-make to the Gene Wilder version of Willy Wonka....However it is suposed to star Johnny Depp as Wonka. Does anybody know anything about this, or have any links??

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 03:15 PM
link   
HERE YA GO :

www.killermovies.com... es/3369.html

Freddie Highmore .... Charlie Bucket
Johnny Depp .... Willy Wonka
rest of cast listed alphabetically
Helena Bonham Carter .... Mrs. Bucket
Ty Dickson .... Oompa Loompa
James Fox
Jordan Fry .... Mike Teavee
David Kelly .... Grandpa Joe
Christopher Lee
Missi Pyle .... Ms. Beauregard
Annasophia Robb .... Violet Beauregarde
Lance Smith .... Oompa Loompa
Harry Taylor .... Mr. Gloop
Noah Taylor
Philip Wiegratz .... Augustus Gloop
Julia Winter .... Veruca Salt
www.imdb.com...

Movie Mistakes!

1. When Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) plays the musical lock, Mrs. Teevee (Dodo Denney) remarks that the tune is by Rachmaninoff. In fact, the tune is not. It is the overture to The Marriage of Figaro, by Mozart. Roald Dahl could have just had her say this to show that she is a "know-it-all." This is probably the case although it could be a mistake.
**2. When Willy Wonka comes out of the factory for the first time, there is a shadow on the red carpet which seems to appear and disappear in different shots. This has been told to me by many people but I have yet to see it. I own three versions of the movie and I can't find it. Maybe it just occurs in certain edited/changed television versions.

**3. The Oompa Loompas who spin the paddle wheel turn the crank clockwise in one shot, but counter clockwise in another. This is another thing that I have been told but never seen. As far as i'm concerned this isn't true. I figure that the wheel is spinning so fast that it appears to some people to be moving in the opposite direction although this shouldn't be a problem. Either way you can see that the Oompa loompas bodies are always twisting the same way.

4. In the TV room, when Mike Teevee says "lights, camera, action!" The camera operating Oompa loompa puts on his goggles, then a couple of seconds later it shows the same oompa loompa putting on his goggles again with a surprised look on his face. I found this mistake myself and I was the first to publicly publish the mistake. It has been verified by Wolper Pictures and Warner Bros. as a simple editing mistake. I give myself a pat on the back for that one.

5. In the very beginning when it's showing all that chocolate and the credits are being showed there is a part where it shows chocolates similar to Hershey Kisses in rows and rows and rows. There is a ton of them. If you look closely (Very closely...It took me about 20 times before I found this) There is a deformed "kiss" It looks like the top caved in or something. You can see it if you wait for the credits to say "Lyrics and music by" and then it says Leslie Bricusse...If you look to the left just then you'll see it. It's 3 kisses over from the "L" in Leslie. Check it out.

**6. When the Willy, Charlie, and Grandpa Joe are up in the air in the WonkaVator, while Mr. Wonka is explaining to Charlie why he is bequeathing the factory to him, look in the lower-left corner. You can see houses and trees, etc. _through_ the lower metal panel, complete with transparent buttons! This was obviously a chroma-keying error.

7. When Willy first enters the main candy room and sings his song, "If you want to view Paradise" He pierces and picks up a large "mushroom" with his cane, but when you view it you can see that the styrofoam mushroom has been pierced several times (about six or seven) before this particular scene was shot

8. When the visitors first get onto the Wonka-mobile before they go through the Wonkawash... There is a fancy design on the back wheel cover. Notice that after going through the wash, the design disappears! It reappears in the next shot. I believe this to be a lighting problem, not with the lights but with our eyes. If the lights hit that wheel cover too strongly then the design can very easily be "gone" with the blink of an eye.

9. There are many "hair mistakes" throughout the film. I don't know who to blame for this. In many of the scenes an actors hair will get messed up and then in the next shot it'll be perfectly combed over. I'll leave it up to you to find the numerous amounts of "bad hair" but I will tell you that there is at least 4 times when this happens in the film. This really doesn't constitute as a mistake but lots of people tell me about this so I decided to post it here.

10.When bill the candyman goes behind the counter notice that the counter top is UP. Then at the lyrics "separate the sorrow and collect up all the cream" if you look in the lower right hand corner you will see (as he picks up the counter top, which by the way should already be up at this point) he just about takes off that little blonde girl's head.

11. Here is one that should be number one on this list. It's the most evident mistake in the whole movie! Yup, you know the one, in the Fizzy Lifting Drinks room! Notice that you can see the harness strings and you can see where Charlie's pants bunch up from the harness in several places.

12. This is more funny than it is a mistake. In the scene after charlie found the money in the sewage drain, Charlie goes into Bill's candy store to buy a Wonka Bar. after he eats the first one, he turns to ask Bill for another one. Notice what Bill is doing when Charlie is talking to him, he takes a "CLEAR" glass jar from the shelf. Then he takes the lid off of the jar and looks inside at the contents. If the jar is clear, what is the purpose for taking the lid off of it? He could just simply look through the side of the jar.

MORE MISTAKES HERE :
www.borg.com...

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory was one of the coolest movies ever. When I was little, I wanted to grow up and run a candy factory. In fact, I still do.

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I loved the Original Willa Wonka, and I think Tim Burton will do a great job on the film. But Johnny Depp as Willy Wonka?

MC

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Cool! Although no one can ever replace the original, I am looking forward to seeing the new one. I can definiteyl see Johnny Depp as Mr. Wonka. He has that quirky air about him and I think will do well.

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 09:36 AM
link   

I hope that is a fake picture, it makes me want to vomit.

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Marilyn Manson would be better, and his audition in Dope Hat was good enough, LOL.

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 05:53 PM
link   
wow... what a spin out...

i woke up this morning with the 'Pure Imagination' Song in my head... i havent seen willy wonka for ages though....

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 08:07 PM
link   
One of my inlaws is in charge of something to do with the graphics in the video game thats going along with it. Supposedly the movie and game will be much darker than the original. BTW my inlaw works for the software company High Voltage, these guys made Hunter: the Reckoning which was a very dark game.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Supposedly the movie and game will be much darker than the original.

Yep, Tim Burton + Johnny Depp = Dark movie

I've heard it won't even be a musical... Now, Johnny Depp is an amazing actor, with a lot of range...so who knows? But no music?

I couldn't help notice Christopher Lee in there somewhere.....Slugworth???

BTW, I believe the poster is accurate...as far as I know...

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I've heard that those Oompa Loompas (crazy little buggers) are actually a pale white instead of orange. Just like in the original book.

BTW I found a nice review on the original;

This is probably one of the most heinous films ever made about corporate exploitation in the history of cinema. Essentially, it's the tale of a high-level CEO, Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder), attempting to teach morals to children while he himself exploits everyone and everything around him.

Let's take the most vile example of that exploitation first: the Oompah Loompahs. Conditions in Wonka's factory are obviously so wretched that generations of Oompah Loompahs have shrunken into freaks of humanity whose only refuge is the horrid factory where they slave away, making profits for Wonka's monopolistic business. Think I'm kidding? Take a look at their orange skin. If that isn't one of the worst examples of toxic poisoning you've ever seen, I'll shove an everlasting Gobstopper up my rectum. Their "happy" songs are cries for freedom masking the horror of their situation. "Oompah Loompah, doopity dah...." What's "doopity dah" and "doopity doo"? Why, it's #, of course. Tragically, however, no one can understand them. Look, you don't get orange skin and blue hair from decent working conditions.

If these simple examples aren't good enough, just look at working conditions in the factory where Wonka gives the tour. Augustus Gloop falls into an open well of chocolate. Mike Teevee is zapped by a device that doesn't have any safety features, and is shrunk. Violet Beauregard eats some gum that obviously hasn't gone through FDA approval, and is turned into a blueberry. Veruca Salt falls down an open hole. Finally, Grandpa Joe (Jack Albertson) and Charlie (Peter Ostrum), drink some liquid left out in the open and are nearly cut to bits by an exhaust fan. If you'll notice, Wonka encourages the entire group to lick wallpaper. I don't care what the wall tastes like, sharing spit could lead to who knows what.

Slave labor, unsafe working conditions; Hollywood could do an update and call it "Kathie Lee and the Garment Factory." Where's OSHA when you need them?

mrcranky.com...

Lol, it's a good honest review, am I right?

[edit on 12/17/2004 by cyberdude78]

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Trailer looks good:
Here

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 10:54 PM
link   
For some reason when I saw that I thought of Micheal Jackson.

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 10:27 AM
link   
man i love that poster, is there anywhere I could get a hard copy of it before the movie's being released?

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I still assert that Johnny Depp should have played Ford Prefect on the Hitchhiker's Guide to the galaxy movie.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by PerfektLie
man i love that poster, is there anywhere I could get a hard copy of it before the movie's being released?

Try this link:

www.allposters.com...

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I'm kind of upset that they are recreating the movie, IMHO.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 04:28 PM
link   
The original is such a classic, that they really have big shoes to fill as a remake.....but if anyone can do it, Tim Burton and Johnny Depp are the ones to pull it off! I am not sure how I am going to like it as a non-musical though......

Tak

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Tim Burton is going to make this movie rock. You should always expect Jhonny Depp to be in a Burton film hes in like four....but its ok because he can do good dark roles.
I just saw a preview for another Burton film coming out called "The Dead Bride" I think. It's an animated film, looks like Nighmare Before X-mas but computerized. It also has Jhonny Depp as the leading voice actor. YAY!

join