It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The mocking of Steve Jobs. Insensitive, Funny or Who cares?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I live in Taiwan and I have been seeing this commercial about a Taiwanese tablet which is almost as bad/funny as the Japanese McDonald's commercials. "Too soon?" seems to be the right thing to say, so I want to post it for reaction. I think I am leaning on the who cares side, but I am not a big fan of Jobs. Anyway, enjoy.

edit on 9-2-2012 by BlackOops because: one too many

edit on 9-2-2012 by BlackOops because: too too many

edit on 9-2-2012 by BlackOops because: wow. way too many for a short post

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Who cares

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Well, it is my opinion that Mr Jobs did invent a time machine to travel back to the early days, just so he could patent the iPatch and make plenty of dubloons, but then, that would make him early and not late, therefore, too late, I guess, is not appropriate either.

Who uses apple anyway, anyone whos anyone knows android is the way to go - google tells us this!

and he isn't dead! Oh mr google, please let my shonky chinese tablet use google market, I swear I will not root my device!!!

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Steve Jobs was just a guy who sold somewhat inferior equipment with fancy styling for outrageously high prices. And now he's dead. End of story. They can make fun all they want, it's not too soon for me.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackOops

I kind of wonder what they were thinking. It seems a little too soon doesn't it?

To be honest, I am indifferent. I just recognize bad taste.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Steve jobs is in no way a hero.
He should be shunned and hated for the fact he had more money then most nations in the world yet the only thing he could do was build some piece of crap technology that breaks in 2 seconds.
No this man was a shill and had the influence/money needed to make a difference in the world and help billions of people but he decided to be greedy.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCommentator
He should be shunned and hated for the fact he had more money then most nations in the world yet the only thing he could do was build some piece of crap technology that breaks in 2 seconds.
No this man was a shill and had the influence/money needed to make a difference in the world and help billions of people but he decided to be greedy.

Never had a problem with any of my iPods or iPhone over the past 8 years

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hawking

The quality of the product doesnt change anything about what I said.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Well...you said the technology "breaks in 2 seconds." And the rest was about him being greedy even though he donated to a lot of charities

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Well...you said the technology "breaks in 2 seconds." And the rest was about him being greedy even though he donated to a lot of charities

Clearly breaks in 2 seconds was a purposely used over statement, for many people their products do have short life spans + they’re batteries actually do last about 2 seconds.
Either way the products jobs made are in no way a reason for him to be made into the hero that he has.
I highly doubt he donated a substantial amount of his wealth to charity, in reality he probably donated an equivalent of the average wealth person giving 10 dollars. But at the end of the day donating money to charities is not an effective way to stop the problems that they set out to help. Jobs would know this and most problems stem from the monetary system which he had enough money to influence in some way.

new topics

top topics

join