It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The New 911, Porsche Identity?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I work out of my home and always have the TV on, background noise. I think I've seen this commercial 4 times today!

I am shocked by the blatant capitalization of the emotional patriotism of Americans after the attacks of 911, by Porsche and their effort to sell cars. I find this particular usury of 911 for profit offensive and more disgusting than any others I've seen. This just makes me sick. Very poor taste, IMHO.

Why 911 Porsche? WHY!?!

Is it just me? Am I going nuts? This is wrong, isn't it?

PS: I did a search, sorry if it's already being discussed.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Umm the 911 Porsche has been around much longer then 9/11. Do you work for Porsche or something? Would explain your reason for posting the Porsche humping video.
edit on 9-2-2012 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by libertytoall

Really? I didn't know that. I just saw these commercials today. First I ever heard of it, but I'm not a car aficionado. Sorry....

No, don't work for Porsche. I was really confused and upset by this commercial. I didn't know, I thought it was a new car, referring to 911, not an older Porsche model, redesigned or updated. I'll bet there are lot of idiots like me watching that commercial and thinking....."What?"
edit on 9-2-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
yes..the porsche 911 has been around a loooong time
you didnt know this?

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   

The Porsche 911 (pronounced as Nine Eleven, German: Neunelfer) is a luxury 2-door sports coupe made by Porsche AG of Stuttgart, Germany. It has a distinctive design, rear-engined and with independent rear suspension, an evolution of the swing axle on the Porsche 356. The engine was also air-cooled until the introduction of the Type 996 in 1998. Since its introduction on September 11, 1963,[1] it has undergone continuous development, though the basic concept has remained little changed.[2

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porsche_911

The 911 was introduced in 1963.........

Society is seriously warped into doom and gloom, and everybody has to be offended by something............

I hope this does not offend you

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

1963 Porsche 911 long before 9/11.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

EVIL PORSCHE! They planned, foreshadowed 911 just to sell cars! And, make me look foolish!

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
The work you do out of your home wouldn't happen to be car sales or advertising would it? That's the only way this thread makes sense unless you are way out of the loop in terms of automotive history. The Porsche 911 is one of the most iconic automobiles ever produced, you should have figured that out when you watched three minutes of Porsche history without one single Sept 11 image.
Now you have to go buy one to make up for insulting the company without merit, those are the rules.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Trublbrwing

HA! Maybe YOU work for Porsche.

I'm an old lady, on my way down the hill. I do sewing and arts and crafts, not cars sales.

Wait, do think I could make some money from Porsche for doing this thread!?! (Emailing them now $$$$)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Yeah, the porsche 911 has been out for awhile,
Nothing really to do with 9/11

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
It was introduced on Sept.11? Is that the reason for calling it a 911? Hmmmmm, I wonder.
Also 1963, exactly 38 years before the WTC attack. 8+3=11. Hmmmmmm.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~CONSPIRACY!!!!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
...Did I forget to mention that there were only 9 cars made the first year?!!

...lol, jus kiddin'

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword

" I'll bet there are lot of idiots like me watching that commercial and thinking....."What?"

No........ your the only one !

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by max100

At least I am #1 at something!

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Thanks for the grin ..... it was just what i needed. you are a treasure

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by max100

Thanks and you're welcome!

Seriously though, I wonder how far their sale fell because of that number ..............911.............

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword

Really? I didn't know that. I just saw these commercials today. First I ever heard of it, but I'm not a car aficionado. Sorry....

No, don't work for Porsche. I was really confused and upset by this commercial. I didn't know, I thought it was a new car, referring to 911, not an older Porsche model, redesigned or updated. I'll bet there are lot of idiots like me watching that commercial and thinking....."What?"

It came out in 1963 and I was just reading an article yesterday about people being upset by them calling it "The Next 911!" instead of "The New 911."

It's sort of their flagship model though...and you know if you rename your most popular car then the terrorists win
edit on 9-2-2012 by Hawking because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

6+3 = 9

199 is the diametrically opposed numerological alternate to 911.

I think the OP is onto something here!!!!11

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hawking
It's sort of their flagship model though...and you know if you rename your most popular car then the terrorists win
edit on 9-2-2012 by Hawking because: (no reason given)

Worked for Freedom Fries.

Howsabout the Patriot Porsche!!

Not quite as good as the freedom ferrari, but then, .. that's a tangent..

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by mainidh

6+3 = 9

199 is the diametrically opposed numerological alternate to 911.

I think the OP is onto something here!!!!11

September 5th is a thursday and stop and shop has a sale on pork chops therefore there's a Porsche conspiracy.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join