It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear ATS: This is my band, whatcha think?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Whats up, ATS?
I am a member of an 8 person band based out of Savannah, GA, known as Word of Mouth.
Collectively we are from 7 states, have 6 guys, 2 gals, 5 vocalists (at times, 8),a trumpet, synth, guitar, drums, percussion, theremin, classical piano, bass and a cello, a little bit of funk, a little soul, some spoken word, some hip hop, some rock, some future, some past, and a whole lot of Love.
We have formed more than a band, we have formed into a Tribe. We have found our Soul Family and are working towards fulfilling our purpose: to inspire, unite and awaken. I think a lot of ATS members can relate to that feeling.
We spent a couple of weeks at the end of 2011 in Nashville, TN, recording our first full length album, "Speaks."
This is a promotional video for our first single, 'Raise Your Voices,' which will be released in about two weeks, with the music video, which I have a feeling many of you ATS'ers are really going to enjoy. (There is even an ATS reference within the video.)
A lot of my inspiration and information has come from this site, so I would love to be able to give some of that back to all of you. I know there is not much to go off of in this short clip, but believe me...this album is unlike anything you've heard before. And, like I said, our message throughout is to inspire, unite and awaken people of all ages, races and places.
I have also included the lyrics for this song at the bottom, so you have a better idea of what is to come.
Okay, I'll let it be now.
Thanks!
Website for Word of Mouth

Also, this video is a compilation from live performances over the past year.

This is a live recording from 2010.

Lyrics to Raise Your Voices

Raise your voices
not your fists.
Change is coming
and it won’t be missed.
Put your trust in love,
put your trust in love,
and with your trust in love
it’s still okay to be pissed.
Plus,
we’ve got a feeling
that this time is it.

Raise your glasses
not your guns.
No shots have to be fired
for our cause to be won.
I’ve had enough,
I’ve had enough,
I have had enough.

I’ve got too much to say
that it won’t come out.
My voice is too quite
and my mind is too loud.

This world gets more
and more sick,
with shows on TV
that show brides-to-be
competing for plastic surgery
and our news anchors
new obsession is blood,
So it’s time we looked within
instead of above. So,
who’s it gonna be?
Who’s it gonna be?
Who’s gonna be,
to say what needs to be said?

I’ve got too much to say
that it won’t come out.
My voice is too quite
and my mind is too loud.

All I know is something is not right,
it’s the tip of my tongue
but completely out of sight.
It is something that is heavy and bright,
like an electric albino elephant
made of neon collective white light.

This is all a dream,
this is all a dream,
And if this is all a dream…
then why do I still sleep at night?

I’ve got too much to say
that it won’t come out.
My voice is too quite
and my mind is too loud.

edit on 9-2-2012 by eleven44 because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-2-2012 by eleven44 because: this and that

edit on 9-2-2012 by eleven44 because: how 'bout this title?

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by eleven44

Very nice indeed! Great sound for a live recording too (Re-Engage). It's quite an interesting genre although I have no idea quite what. A bit rappy, a bit rocky, nice female singer(s?). Hope you make it big!

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

Thanks for the comment and taking the time to listen!
And I agree, we have know idea what genre to classify us as, and no 2-songs are the same.
And yeah, we have two beautiful female vocalists. One plays the theremin/acoustic guitar, the other is our classically trained piano thrasher.

If you want, here is another example of a live recording from 2010.

You can find us on facebook too, HERE

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I have to say, at first I didn't think I was going to like it, but I gave it a try and I was impressed. I think the pianist really did it for me. I think a lot of Americans are looking for something that is different than what is currently out there and this definitely fits the bill. Here is to a new genre of music, best of luck to you guys!

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Mighty adventurous i'll give you that. Interesting blend of stuff - comes across as rather chaotic to me. I like strange music though so this is just a snippet of what you do.
Sonic jigsaw puzzle.
Do you do anything where people can groove on something simple for a while? Jus curious.

You guys are a collective too which is very cool but not always so easy to work out, especially with young people brimming with creativity. I wish you all the luck and love in the world,

Thumbs up from a guy who was a young crazy musician once.
now I'm just an old crazy guy who likes to play.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
As a Bass player for many years in metal..

I have to say that i was very impressed with your genre..

the style was most excellent and the vocals were wonderful..

I liked your bands style and would like to hear more...

thank you for posting this...

BM...

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
Sonic jigsaw puzzle.

"Sonic jigsaw puzzle." Ha, I like that.
As for something to groove on, yes; but in my opinion, not nearly enough. That's my biggest critique. However, our 2nd album which we have begun to write is going to be much more 'simple' and able to groove to.
I think it is because of the fact that we are such a large, creative group of young crazy musicians figuring out what we are capable of doing and how to do it that this album is as adventurous and hectic as it is.
And it definitely is a challenge working with so many people. On top of that...we all live together between 2 houses on the same piece of property. We have our own little artist commune, haha.
Thanks for the comments and taking the time to listen!
edit on 10-2-2012 by eleven44 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by eleven44

Good Sound. Hope you guys do well, try trying out for America's got Talent or X-Factor. I know reality shows are over rated, but it can serve a purpose to "almost instant fame".

top topics

join