It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sounds in the sky...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Hello.
I need some help. I have noticed there have been many topics created concerning the sounds in the sky. My question is, Does anyone know which ones are real and which ones have been proven to be fake? I would like to learn more about this but everytime i start to get interested in a certain one it always turns out to be a hoax.
Lookin for a good place to start.
Any help would be great. Thanks.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by malahide66

quick tip

godzilla like sounds= hoax

jet plane "stuck" in mid air sounds= real

ive experienced the latter

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ooYODAoo

quick tip

What are you calling "godzilla like sounds" ... (like the Kiev video)???

If so, then I respectfully disagree as we heard that (Kiev) sound here in Texas.

I'd also like to know who is solving all of these videos and branding them as a hoax.

If people are going to prove something as a fake then I want the proof so I can make up my own mind and not just take someone's "word" that it's fake. "Show" me the money ... don't just tell me why you think it's fake.

Don't get me wrong I know some are fake. However some are real and then people want to make fun and "copy" the sound to their video so they can get YT hits.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Terms and Conditions of Use
19) Advertising: You will not advertise or promote other discussion boards, chat systems, online communities or other websites on the Websites within posts, private messages, avatars and/or signatures without prior written permission from TAN. You will not choose a username that is the same as a website domain, subdomain, URL, organization, or business for which you are associated. Doing so will result in removal of your Post(s) and immediate termination of your account.

20a) Unauthorized Marketing: ATTENTION MARKETERS: You will not engage in efforts of viral or "stealth marketing" on these discussion boards without prior approval of TAN. If marketing activity for the promotion of any other commercial entity outside of these boards is discovered you agree that you are responsible for paying TAN $2.00 US for each "thread view" of the thread(s) in which your marketing messages are contained. Your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions of Membership for joining these discussion boards signifies your approval of these payment terms.

edit on February 9th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I think it's fair to say that the Kiev type "organ sound" events are the most commonly hoaxed. Kiev certainly isn't only place it's happened and normal people have reported hearing it. The hoaxing is easier to spot for that though, since everyone seems to be using the same pieces with the same subtle but impossible to miss background noises to give a signature to the audio.

There is the 3rd class as well, which is more like those shown in a recent recording out of Colorado and I think of as mechanical or plant noises. In that one, it was a repeating 'banging' almost...but a rumbling one. I wish I had the clip handy.....

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
You know what? Last night I was watching the last movie of Riddick and in one section of it before riddick was assumed dead and left to disintegrate by the sun's ray, he told his guys to wait and listen. As he said that, that same type of noise we are all been hearing started sounding and they panned the camera towards the craft that was dropping troops off.

I'm not saying this is an alien craft noise, but I can understand how it could be fake as well since they may have gotten this idea from that movie. Whatever it is or the intention of such noise, I just hope is good!
edit on 9-2-2012 by TheEnlightenedOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   

quick tip

I've also experienced the latter, it can also sound like traffic in the distance, but where there's no traffic. That's how I noticed that it was different. Nothing but forest for miles, and that sound.

I had heard the same noise from the opposite direction, and didn't really pay too much attention to it, because there is a highway ( rural, very little traffic) that I'm 10 minutes away from (driving) in that direction. I had always just wondered how/why I could hear so much traffic when there was rarely anyone ever on that highway.

I did hear an additional living spooky sound one of the times I was listening, and then realized that the horrible sound was just an animal. I think it was a moose. It sounded godzilla like

I think it's some type of atmospheric (or high altitude) wind coming down, even though when I've heard the sound it's been really calm. When the noise carries in the distance, there are some really freaky sounds in there (moose, cows, birds, snowmobiles) that you have to decipher out.

Why it's sounding like planes hovering, or none stop traffic, I don't know.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
I think it's fair to say that the Kiev type "organ sound" events are the most commonly hoaxed. Kiev certainly isn't only place it's happened and normal people have reported hearing it. The hoaxing is easier to spot for that though, since everyone seems to be using the same pieces with the same subtle but impossible to miss background noises to give a signature to the audio.

There is the 3rd class as well, which is more like those shown in a recent recording out of Colorado and I think of as mechanical or plant noises. In that one, it was a repeating 'banging' almost...but a rumbling one. I wish I had the clip handy.....

I do hope I hear it again even though it did raise the tiny hairs on my body and gave me the creeps. I would love to get it on video but with my luck I won't ever hear it again.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackPhoenix

The godzilla like sounds were ripped off the movie "Titanic" with DiCaprio.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I would agree with most people when they say "it sounds like a jet engine stuck in mid air."

It is incredibly odd. Many people have their own ideas on what it could be.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
well i for one am sick of ppl using technology in computers to edit anything they can to get a quick view - most ppl will just take it in and believe it! I watched one vid of those sounds, i believe it was in Russia? and they just replayed the sound twice? but it was long enough that you'd forget!

QUIT DOING THIS!

we need ppl to post real events/things/noises! Not post just for views! We need RAW!!

Come on...

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

Although I believe you're in Canada and I'm in Texas, our experiences
are identical. It does indeed sound like heavy traffic in the near distance
where there is none. And I too am 10 minutes from heavy enough areas.
And sometimes very much like a jet engine hanging in the sky.
edit on 9-2-2012 by sealing because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackPhoenix

I can show you 'Some' of the money

www.youtube.com...
edit on 9-2-2012 by Riakennor because: having problems embedding video

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Justinator88
well i for one am sick of ppl using technology in computers to edit anything they can to get a quick view - most ppl will just take it in and believe it! I watched one vid of those sounds, i believe it was in Russia? and they just replayed the sound twice? but it was long enough that you'd forget!

QUIT DOING THIS!

we need ppl to post real events/things/noises! Not post just for views! We need RAW!!

Come on...

You are absolutely right Justinator.
I couldn't agree more.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   

quick tip

Thank You!!!!
That is the best description I have heard so far for this "noise" in the sky, or wherever it comes from. I heard it twice this afternoon (and many times before) and it really does sound like a "stuck" jet plane, the sound comes on fast and you keep waiting for it to fade as the "jet" moves farther away but it keeps the same pitch for a couple minutes, then just as suddenly as it began it just stops, I have lived within a couple miles of large airports for several years in the past and I am quite familiar with the sounds they make, this noise is similar but also very different if that makes any sense.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Rule of thumb...

Look for local media coverage of a sound... Those at least were heard by many people

Bristol Hum
Taos Hum
Suffolk Hum
The Thing

Google those and you will get real news reports. Don't just rely on Youtube.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
These sounds really had me interested at first. Not anymore though. If this is real why arn't whole city populations reporting the sounds. We once had a grain elevator blow up outside our town and 911 was flooded with calls.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Since you asked, as far as I know most of the info on these threads seem credible:
Linking Thread For Sound... ATS

edit on 10-2-2012 by ItsEvolutionBaby because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-2-2012 by ItsEvolutionBaby because: spelling

top topics

join