It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Views from the HiRISE camera on NASA's Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter Show Old NASA Mars Landers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   

The High Resolution Imaging Science Experiment (HiRISE) camera on NASA's Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter recorded a scene on Jan. 29, 2012, that includes the first color image from orbit showing the three-petal lander of NASA's Mars Exploration Rover Spirit mission. Spirit drove off that lander platform in January 2004 and spent most of its six-year working life in a range of hills about two miles to the east.

Another recent image from HiRISE, taken on Jan. 26, 2012, shows NASA's Phoenix Mars Lander and its surroundings on far-northern Mars after that spacecraft's second Martian arctic winter. Phoenix exceeded its planned mission life in 2008, ending its work as solar energy waned during approach of its first Mars winter.

SOURCE: NASA

Near the lower left corner of this view is the three-petal lander platform that NASA's Mars Exploration Rover Spirit drove off in January 2004. The lander is still bright, but with a reddish color, probably due to accumulation of Martian dust.

source/ Photojournal.jpl.nasa

Full hi-res JPEG here

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by elevenaugust

Photoshop.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Its actually a real shame you have to question everything with Nasa,due to the dishonsety they show.

As was already stated could be faked.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by paperface

And, why would they want to fake this?

It's seems slightly absurd to question every single thing they say. You do know the people who work at NASA are exactly that, they're people too... They've worked hard to get this sort of stuff sent to mars and then when they get great images like this back they want to show everyone! Is it really necessary to question that? To call them all liars and yell "photoshop!" every time they have something neat like this? It doesn't hurt to have a little faith in our government, besides NASA is probably the more honest of all of the agencies.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

Sigh.....

Photoshop.

I was so ready to predict this sort of nonsense claim, the moment I first opened the thread......Looks like I nailed it, calling this attitude would be one of the first to appear..... :shk:

So, where is your "proof" of this claim and assertion? Because, it is well-known that Photoshop done on electronically reproduced digital images can be detected, by those very expert in the use of the software.

SO......provide the proof.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ProudBird

Without seeming to be rude,you are like the person at a party who spoils all the fun.

Are you aware you are on a Conspiracy site?Perhaps you got lost on the way to the Nasa fan club....

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Or perhaps are you aware that not everything is a conspiracy?!

Why make up lies or false truths to fit with what you believe to be true?

It's really sad that we can't even look at pics anymore without people automatically claiming PS or CGI if its video, yet they have NO real knowledge in either area of photo/video manipulation but they can say for fact its PS or CGI. This has to stop. Not everything is PS, CGI or a conspiracy, things sometimes just are the way they are.

If you knew anything about HiRISE you would know that their pics tend to look "fake" but aren't.

HiRISE

Oh and I"m president of the NASA fan club

OP awesome picture! I love my Mars and this pic is pretty cool. I can see the little speck of the rover

edit on 2/9/2012 by mblahnikluver because: cause I can

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   

If you can't add an intelligent comment on the OP then maybe you shouldn't post.

Yes, ATS is a conspiracy site, but one of the mottos is Deny Ignorance, not show it.
edit on 9/2/12 by spirit_horse because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
The trash pile starts again!

(admittedly, uber cool trash, so I'll let them off this time, but if I see a green machine and old microwave, I'm yelling Mars muckers!)

edit: Thanks eleven august, two awesome threads in as many days!

edit on 9-2-2012 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
dont blame the posters, blame nasa. no one trusts nasa anymore, they have clearly earnt that with years of cover-ups, lies and questionable doctored photos. why would people just suddenly take them at their word?

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by jazzguy
dont blame the posters, blame nasa. no one trusts nasa anymore, they have clearly earnt that with years of cover-ups, lies and questionable doctored photos. why would people just suddenly take them at their word?

The one thing that makes me go hmmm is the fact that the moon is pretty darn close to us and our technology has multiplied many times over, you would think that universities, amateurs would be shooting things towards the moon such as remote control lunar cars with camera that kids can drive around. You would think that they would be landing man on the moon yearly.

There have been many robots sent to various planets in our solar system that crawl on the ground providing high definition images at command. These were some pretty difficult missions. Why isnt the moon being used for test rovers? Why arent there live webcams on the moon right now? How hard is it really to get to the moon and why arent we there?

Wanted to add: Maybe they have learned that the moon trajectory or orbit is quite percise and that landing and or crashing things into the moon will affect this fined tuned position and thus creating drastic earth changes unknown to us and this is why we arent on it. Maybe that moon missile a few years ago was meant to re align something.
edit on 9-2-2012 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
(edit) responding to Shadow Herder.

The moons slowing moving away anyway, I doubt we could move it by any noticeable degree. Don't worry!

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by paperface
reply to post by ProudBird

Without seeming to be rude,you are like the person at a party who spoils all the fun.

Are you aware you are on a Conspiracy site?Perhaps you got lost on the way to the Nasa fan club....

No he is on a site where the motto is DENY Ignorance, not relish and propagate it.

new topics

top topics

join