It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYU Student Turns In Resume- Gets Laughed At By Largest Wall St. Firms

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by TheCommentator

I’m not saying they don’t work hard, but let’s face it the job requires no real talent apart from good organisation and getting good information.

The technical skills in mathematics alone disqualify me from ever hoping to get a job in investment banking lol. No, it takes some crazy skill to be a good investment banker. The job is simplified and glorified in movies and shows.. in reality it's an incredibly tedious and stressful job that does require a lot of talent.

They have computer software that does the hard stuff most of the time.
The amount of skill it requires is hardly any compared to say a doctor or fire fighter or teacher yet they make billions of dollars.
The problem with the job is stress more than anything.

edit on 9-2-2012 by TheCommentator because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCommentator

Computer programs are great for organizing data and providing up to the second information.. but it doesn't alleviate the technical skill needed. You're also confusing the actual worker, the trader, the investment annalist etc with the executive. There are only a few executives, managers.. they make the most money, a hell of a lot more than the actual workers. The actual workers however might average a few hundred thousand a year if they are doing exceptionally well. But if they have a bad year in a bad economy their income tanks. It is lucrative, no doubt about it, but it's not them making $100+ million bonuses.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by MysticPearl

I really dont think companies that had to take billions of dollars in tax payer money because of their poor / illegal choices should be throwing rocks at anyone. I would say they live in a glass house, but the tax payers aren't done rebuilding it for them yet.

While unorthodox, I think the cover letter says a lot about the individual. He is a real person and not some "better than everyone else" snob.

I think the person who forwarded the cover letter could learn a lot about character and perseverance from this guy.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join