It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scores killed in shelling of Syria's Homs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Scores killed in shelling of Syria's Homs

www.aljazeera.com

Makeshift hospitals overflowing with dead and wounded" as the military bombards opposition areas for a sixth day.

Activists in Syria say scores of people have been killed in Homs as government forces reportedly shelled the city for a sixth day.

The Local Co-ordination Committees, an umbrella opposition group, reported the deaths of 110 people in Homs on Thursday, but said it could not document the names of the victims due to heavy shelling.
The rights watchdog said since the military operation against opposition neighbourhoods was launched on Friday night, government forces have fired
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Syrian government artillery barrages killed dozens of civilians in Homs on Thursday, as President Bashar al-Assad, bolstered by Russian support, ignored appeals from world leaders to halt the carnage.
The United Nations secretary-general condemned the "appalling brutality" of the operation to stamp out the revolt against Assad, and Turkey's ambassador to the European Union warned of a slide into civil war that could inflame the region.
i dont see how some people here on ATS are still ignorant to the reality. Asad and his father ruled Syria for 60 years under dictatorship. Its time people start speaking out...

www.aljazeera.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by CountDrac

How about the boats incerpted on there way to Syria with weapons, lists of names and US dollars.. This war is being funded by the west....

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Do not believe western media on this issue.

see : www.wsws.org...

How Qatari & Saudi gov. are playing and the distorted reports

Does anyone have a link with some non-biased info on the whole situation in Lybia. Seems fishy to me after the report. Quiet astonishing to read that both factions held protest side by side without much trouble.
edit on 9-2-2012 by piett because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by purplemer

How about the boats incerpted on there way to Syria with weapons, lists of names and US dollars.. This war is being funded by the west....

Exactly.
At present I have no reason what so ever to believe what the msm and western governments have been telling us.
They have lied to many times about the exact same things to be trusted without concrete evidence; which is lacking.
It is jmore likely that US funded/trained militants are bombing the city.

link   

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Well so far I've read that the syrian government have killed about 5 to 10 thousand people.

Guess that will justify our governments to go in and help the syrian people like they did the Iraquis and kill 1 million.

Leave the Syrians alone at this rate it would take a Hundred years for the Syrian Government to do the damage we did in 10 years.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
The Syrian army may be fighting foreign troops in reality.

Nobody knows for sure.

No one can confirm 100% if any civilians are getting killed in that number.

If this was just protesters, why such big battles ?

There must be foreign mercenaries.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by victor7

I wrote about Qatari interest in this conflict and linked an article. And you reply to me with an AlJazeera vid. How unintelligent really. I grasp that you implied I was denying something ?!... but really Fail.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by piett

nopes, i was just trying to support your view................majority of fighting is fueled by outside interests in Syria and that is really evil way of doing things.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I disagree with you guys. I think the Syrian army is killing civilians because the Syrian army is a bunch of ruthless murdering bastards. I don't think it's anymore complicated than that.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by USN1983
I disagree with you guys. I think the Syrian army is killing civilians because the Syrian army is a bunch of ruthless murdering bastards. I don't think it's anymore complicated than that.
So is every army in the world.
What do you want people to do? Send in the US/nato army who will kill hundreds of thousands if not millions of innocent people??

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheCommentator
What do you want people to do? Send in the US/nato army who will kill hundreds of thousands if not millions of innocent people??

I think our military is more skilled than that; they know how to destroy a Howitzer cannon without killing civilians nearby. And I also think that an incursion into Syria would be good practice for our military.
edit on 10-2-2012 by USN1983 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   

I think our military is more skilled than that; they know how to destroy a Howitzer cannon without killing civilians nearby. And I also think that an incursion into Syria would be good practice for our military.
edit on 10-2-2012 by USN1983 because: (no reason given)

Its not really a matter of skill, but if it was your military is pretty crap because it kills a lot of innocent people.

Dont you think its a bit ignorant to go to war for training?

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Not if our military can kill a lot of evil people.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   

since when did you start supporting the muslim brotherhood sharia freaks.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by USN1983

having being in Syria when the terrorism started ,yes terrorism ,I know that syrian army is not the aggressor. The sharia law loving muslim brotherhood wants to create islamic emirates. Shias and christians are being murdered by the muslim sharia law brotherhood. Yes. Please for once see the facts.

Al Jazeeera is a muslim brotherhood mouthpiece.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Has anybody even remotely considered what would happen if America wanted a Regime Change. If we are afraid of our Government doesnt that emotion of Fear Convict our Leaders to change?

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Not if our military can kill a lot of evil people.
Right but you do realise that they will do exactly what it is you are calling these people evil for.

top topics

join