It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tennessee threatens suit against man building boat with his son.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
A man builds a boat with his son. It's your cliche Norman Rockwell picture. Never saw revenuers in those pictures. We're being stopped from doing our normal everyday hobbies that are just fun, constructive, educational. I guess they would rather have resident felons over a craftsman.
WSMV-TV
edit on 9-2-2012 by GoldenRuled because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
it's a greedy tax crab. and like usual, when they're called on it, they turtle and hide behind answering machines.

i just read that los angeles banned footballs and fresbies for memorial day weekend on their beaches, with $1000 fines for people who break the ordinance.

what's next, drinking water and swimming.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I would tell them go ahead and be my guest. Any Attorney would have an absolute field day with this one.

I just noticed this on the same news site. Can you say oooppps!!

www.wsmv.com...

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
What a load of crap. This highlights one of the fundamental problems with the direction this country is heading. If you can be taxed on something you create and retain sole usage, what freedoms do you have left?

We are a nation in its decline where unjust rules and laws are being created at a pace not seen since the Nazis ruled Germany.

Guess they could tax a birdhouse you built with your kids too.....

Invest in rope, tar and feathers.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
This is truly appalling. Greedy IRS thugs trying to classify the poor guy so to squeeze him.
I'd lawyer up just out of principle and fight them tooth and nail. Either way it'll cost them to resolve this, why not make a stand.

He paid his tax upon registering it, that is more than enough.

Come to think of it, when people I knew built their own motorcycles, they registered them and that was that. No dealer charges were ever filed.
edit on 9/2/12 by shadow watcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Letters from the Tennessee Department of Revenue say that because the Kings are boat dealers and manufacturers, they have to pay $539 dollars in taxes on the boat.

link

So in there logic to build a out house someone would have to be a structural engineer and a contractor.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Posted earlier here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

for future reference:

We Have A New Search Engine--Please Use It!

top topics

join