It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White Nationalist speaking at CPAC

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

GOP Presidential Candidates Should Denounce Bigotry of White Nationalist Featured at CPAC

WASHINGTON - February 8 - People For the American Way today called on GOP presidential candidates to speak out against the inclusion of a white nationalist leader this week at CPAC, the Conservative Political Action Conference. The conference—which will be addressed by Mitt Romney, Newt Gingrich, Rick Santorum and other GOP leaders—will be hosting Peter Brimelow, the founder of VDARE, a white nationalist website which frequently publishes the works of anti-Semitic and racist writers.

Brimelow, an immigrant from Great Britain, has expressed fear of the loss of America’s white majority, blames non-white immigrants for social and economic problems and urges the Republican Party to give up on minority voters and focus on winning the white vote. He said that a New York City subway is the same as an Immigration and Naturalization Service waiting room, “an underworld that is not just teeming but also almost entirely colored.”“It’s shocking that the CPAC would provide a platform for someone like Brimelow,” said Michael Keegan, President of People For the American Way. “Responsible GOP leaders should speak out against the bigotry and hatred that Brimelow and VDARE push on a regular basis. That’s doubly true of anyone who aspires to the presidency of the United States. Mitt Romney, Newt Gingrich and Rick Santorum need to make it perfectly clear that they won’t be silent when they’re confronted with racism and anti-Semitism.”

VDARE has published the work of people like Robert Weissberg, who says that black and Hispanic students are responsible for problems in the American education system, Marcus Epstein, the Youth for Western Civilization leader who karate-chopped a black woman after calling her a n****r (and later pled guilty to assault), and J. Philippe Rushton of the eugenicist Pioneer Fund.

www.commondreams.org...

Really don't know what to say on this one.....but quite frankly i can't believe they are going to let this guy speak at their conference.

What's even more incredible?

“The inclusion of Brimelow is all the more galling given the fact that another group, GOProud, was excluded from the conference simply for advocating equality for gay people,” said Keegan. “CPAC should make very clear that hatred has no place in our civic discourse.”

Wow.
edit on 9-2-2012 by David9176 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
This is exactly why Obama will be getting four more years. People talk crap about the OWS movements, but they have a better chance than the GOP.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
In a week the headlines will be "Every Republican Denounces Racist Jerk except for Ron Paul. Ron Paul is Clearly a Jerk and a Racist"
this message brought to you by the sponsors of the other candidates

edit on 9-2-2012 by 1825114 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by intelligenthoodlum33

It's also crazy that this guy himself wasn't even born in the USA...he's an immigrant from Great Britain...yet has the nerve to push all this junk? Crazy.

Here's more info on this guy:

Brimelow's racial views about America first gained attention in 1995, when he published Alien Nation, a book that argued that America is historically white-dominated and should stay that way. The book was written in a genial style and was careful to treat black Americans as part of the polity. Although the book was well reviewed in some places, it included strong veins of racism and xenophobia. Brimelow described the role of race as "elemental, absolute, fundamental."He said that white Americans should demand that U.S. immigration quotas be changed to allow in mostly whites. He argued that spending tax dollars on anything related to multiculturalism was "subversive."

www.splcenter.org...
edit on 9-2-2012 by David9176 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
who cares?

I see blacks hating on white in public on a weekly basis and no one cares.

This entire racism crap is getting old.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by xstealth
who cares?

Agree completley, the people that are white and dont say anything are the normal people, just because there afraid of the consequences, yet any other race other than the nationalist race, even white jewish or white russian can accuse people of racism, in england if you say something, you get the is it cos im black.

Im not racist, but lets be honest multi cultralism isnt really working, its only been on a mass scale for 200 years, the old multi cultrizim was rape and pillage, this is just the same thing but nicer and over a longer period more like take the piss over an extended period of time.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by R3velutionR3quired

Originally posted by xstealth
who cares?

Agree completley, the people that are white and dont say anything are the normal people, just because there afraid of the consequences, yet any other race other than the nationalist race, even white jewish or white russian can accuse people of racism, in england if you say something, you get the is it cos im black.

Im not racist, but lets be honest multi cultralism isnt really working, its only been on a mass scale for 200 years, the old multi cultrizim was rape and pillage, this is just the same thing but nicer and over a longer period more like take the piss over an extended period of time.

Yeah so a guy has white pride and doesn't like any other races, well so he is a racist, and that term is socially worse than an adulterer, drug addict, and probably on par with a rapist.

It's just not right, this is America and you can hate or love whoever you want; if you don't like it then don't listen or watch him.

You don't have a right not to be offended. Being offended is part of life, and a non important factor in my life.

He still has freedom of speech even though I might not like it.

edit on 9/2/12 by xstealth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by xstealth

I did not read anything about him condoning violence against someone for being of another race. There was no mention of a call to genocide. Where in anything he had said does it incite any form of violence? The man did one thing wrong; he was born white and was proud of it. I suppose today it constitutes a crime of pedophilic proportions to dare and ask for a few countries to actually be left over for the pale faced peoples of this world.

I hate no one for their color. I will help anyone who is in need regardless of sex, race, sexuality, or whatever. But I do not see it as too much to ask when saying: Can we please just have some place to call our own? We realize that all the people of different races born here will likely stay here. Our problem is not with that, it is with importing hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of people from foreign lands who do not share our identity.

Multiculturalism tears a place apart. Diversity is strength, yes, but it depends on what kind of diversity. If you did not share the language with the other people in your community, how could you possibly feel secure and at home? When they do not share the same historical ties that you do, how can you really feel like brothers? A culture must have a home of its own, not fragmented into little pieces and thrown together with others.

And let’s face it; the real problem here is that certain people object to Western culture. They import foreigners because they are isolated from their native culture and possibly hold hostility towards it. Asking for a nation that shares your historical ties, speaks the same language, and has the same general morality is not a crime. I do not commit a sin when asking to close up the borders. Perhaps it is the sin in the religion of Political Correctness but I could care less; enough playing Mr. Nice with everyone.

I ask for the same thing I give to everyone else; their own homeland. Just as I object to our troops invading the lands of Arabs I object to others invading my land, whether they come with tanks or with open hands. If that makes me a bad person, a disgusting human being, one who repulses you, so be it. I have made my choice and you made your choice. At least mine respects the right to self-determination for all peoples.

One last thing however; I am glad CPAC invited him to speak. Perhaps this will mark a turning point in American politics.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Am I the only one who sees the Comedy in this?

So Newt, Romney, and Santorum will all be at this event with a racist who will speaking, and yet there is no mention of Ron Paul who is supposed to be the guy with the racist newsletter?

You can't make stuff this up.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

You and Xstealth are hilarious. You guys: "Can't we have a place to call our own?"
Get ready to have your country presided by a black man for another four years.

I hope you guys can handle it and not commit suicide or something. As a member said yesterday: "Freedom of speech isn't freedom of repercussions."

Personally, I don't have any problem with this guy speaking, but it will ensure that the GOP becomes even more irrevelent.

Have a good one guys.

I am still laughing...just hilarious! Thank you.
edit on 9-2-2012 by intelligenthoodlum33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

The real comedy is that the GOP is constantly stating that they are being attacked unfairly on racial issues...yet allow someone like this to speak at their yearly conservative shindig.

Don't think this is going to help them.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176

The real comedy is that the GOP is constantly stating that they are being attacked unfairly on racial issues...yet allow someone like this to speak at their yearly conservative shindig.

Don't think this is going to help them.

I dont think it is a "GOP Issue". Don't forget Obama sat in the church of someone who was a pretty interesting fellow himself.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Will Santorum say anything? I doubt it....seriously.

"What President Obama wants to do, his economic plan is to make more people dependent upon government. To grow the government, to make sure we have more food stamps, and more SSI, and more Medicaid. Four in 10 children are now on government-provided health care. It just keeps expanding," Santorum said. He talked about how Iowa is going to get fined if more people don’t sign up for Medicaid and then said, "They're pushing harder and harder to get more and more of you dependent upon them so they can get your vote. That's what the bottom line is. So I don't want to make black people’s lives better by giving them somebody else's money. I want to give them the opportunity to go out and earn the money and provide for themselves and their families."

Santorum singles out black people as dependent on goverment

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

I dont think it is a "GOP Issue". Don't forget Obama sat in the church of someone who was a pretty interesting fellow himself.

It is a GOP issue. Obama is not speaking to a bunch of liberals at democratic conference saying how we need to stop all the white people from coming into the country.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

The GOP is simply showing it's true colors. They know they don't have a chance and are getting desparate. The racist vote will not nearly be enough to out Obama.

Besides the POTUS has done everything his bosses wanted him to do. Maybe the GOP are simply getting the racists on-board for the election after Obama's second term.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

White nationalism is part of the demographic that CPAC looks to target and that's it. I can't say I'm surprised, and I highly doubt that any of the GOP candidates are going to denounce what CPAC is doing. I'm sure none of the CPAC investors will.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176

It is a GOP issue. Obama is not speaking to a bunch of liberals at democratic conference saying how we need to stop all the white people from coming into the country.

Are you suggesting that racism only exist in the Republican Party and no where else?

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Some more info:

He warned that the U.S. is losing its Anglo identity and spent most of his time talking about what he perceives as a failed system of biculturalism in Canada.

coloradoindependent.com...

Brimelow is blaming multiculturalism for the supposed 'downfall' of the whiterace. It's funny, nobody asked Brimelows ancestors to leave their European lands to conquer and take over foreign lands, but that's what they did and they raped the native lands in the process. He can thank good ol' Britain and other European countries for starting off multiculturalism, because before they left their lands, the vast majority of the world held homogeneous populations and were such for years.

Of course how can I be opposed to what European settlers did years ago? I'm a product of it and so are many ATSers. Multiculturalism built up the United States. It's just hypocritical to oppose western multiculturalism, when colonialism had a key part to play in it. Brimelow himself is contributing to this when he decided to leave his native england live in Canada, a land he was no native of. People like him can't seem to comprehend their hypocrisy in all this.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir

Our problem is not with that, it is with importing hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of people from foreign lands who do not share our identity.

I agree with you to an extent. Right now there is a problem with America's borders and I think the immigration policy needs to be tightened. This country cannot afford an influx of more needy immigrants. The world is not perfect, and I would not blame other countries for tightening their immigration standards to ensure their own work forces are protected. This to me is not a racist position. I do think however that blaming multiculturalism for these problems is misguided and ignorant. What happens when we close the borders, close off immigration? Will multiculturalism just dissappear? No of course not. Places like America and Canada have always been melting pots, there is nothing you can do to change this, aside from using government force to seperate the groups.

but it depends on what kind of diversity. If you did not share the language with the other people in your community, how could you possibly feel secure and at home? When they do not share the same historical ties that you do, how can you really feel like brothers? A culture must have a home of its own, not fragmented into little pieces and thrown together with others.

Look, this is an inevitability of the modern world. Aside from certain parts in the world, you will find yourself coming across people of different culturals and different races. You can't change this fact. I agree, how can one expect to come to a country like the United States, Australia, Britain, and expect to survive by not speaking the language? I think this demonstrates ignorance and the negligence of the individual who chooses to live this way, I also see it as disrespectful, but you cannot use this as an excuse for why all people of 'different races and cultures' should be seperate. I go to work, I work with a Malaysian man and a chinese man, my boss is a rather wealthy arabic man. We get along, we work together, we socialize at times, they all speak very good english. They are proud of their cultures but they are well integrated into western society. You cannot fault them of the other bad immigrants, this is certainly not fair.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

I am not trying to demonize or demagogue anyone; just want to make that clear. To me a society needs more to function on than a superficial civic religion of sorts whereby “you respect the constitution, equality, freedom, etc… and wave the American flag you are now an American”. That is called civic nationalism and appears to be the only form permitted today thanks to a particular busy body who took a genuine idea which spans centuries and turned it into a justification for genocide.

Do I acknowledge that the world is diverse? Yes. And that is how it always has been and always should be. That is exactly my point when you break it down to the rawest form. We disagree on how multiculturalism should work. Should a single culture build itself up into a political and geographic area allowing it to grow independent of others? Or should we permit them to live within single political and geographic borders so long as they pledge to respect particular secular codes?

Some are satisfied with the idea that an immigrant from Somalia should be welcomed here so long as he learns the language, swears to adhere to the law, and so forth. A genuine society and culture does not operate that way, it is a nation because of the people who make it up. We overcame a rather genuine cultural dispute after the Civil War whereby blacks would not be slaves but they would be entitled to their own separate culture; or at least that is what was promised to them. Now that was just two different cultures which lived still heavily segregated and had difficulties, imagine hundreds of cultures living together, held from anarchy just by a simple pledge of allegiance to laws.

No, I do not blame the immigrants for these problems. They were told of the West and how it offered jobs, security, no corruption, etc… of course they would come here! It is the Western plutocrats who are to blame because they knew exactly what was going to happen. Cheap labor was what it is all about. Bomb the Iraqis for their oil, move millions of third worlders from their homes to the West for cheap labor, export jobs overseas for cheap labor, and displace the native populations of the West.

If a mob of nativists ever arose I pray they storm Washington not China Town.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join