It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How could we wake up from this dream?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
It's called Astral Projection. It's real, but noobs that cant do it deny it. You can learn things when you can control it.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I think dreams can show us many things - That there is more to things that there appears to be.
I have had such dreams and known I was dreaming and also knowing I was dreaming thinking I had awoken only to find I was still dreaming.
In a way this life is like a dream - We are limited to this reality - Yet this reality is not all that there is.
I think we are limited to this reality to simplify what we do here (Earth)
The mind or thoughts are far more expansive than what our senses perceive.
Thought can inform us of things that the senses can not.
Senses are limited to the environment they are in - ie a room a field an aeroplane.
I beleive when we die our awarness is far greater because it is not limited to our Earthly senses or physical laws.

edit on 10-2-2012 by artistpoet because: typo

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Ah interesting topic, i keep having really realistic dreams (as in i think im awake) and within the dream the narrative is that i need to discover that i am dreaming , but due to my 'dreaming mind' thinking it is waking life im always like 'but what is waiting for me on the other side ?!' then i wake up in real life and just wonder for a second if the dream was either trying to make me lucid or if i was trying to show myself that 'waking up' is only possible once your 'higher self' (or waking self) is ready to wake up, and that nothing you do in the dreamscape will speed this up / slow it down.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
The context is THE LIGHT OF THE MIND.

You asked what context can we experience to wake up from this reality, and that experience is the light of wisdom.

Buddhism teaches one to seek enlightenment and not worldly gain. By letting go of the ego it is possible to turn the mind inward and meditate on the insight-truths which is like the eternal ideas of Plato.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ErroneousDylan

The simplest way to enlightenment is to CHOOSE it.

That being said, to wake up from what you call reality, or THIS dream, is also simple. SELF LOVE and acceptance. Simple, yet not so easy for the human aspect of the soul!

Love yourself. Let your 'past' go. I AM THAT I AM ... nothing else matters. In that acceptance, all past aspects come home, you are whole and awake. Now create

edit on 10-2-2012 by blujay because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by kalisdad

Dear kalisdad,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with me. I must say, regardless of whether or not it could be slightly off-topic, I am awe-stricken from reading it.

I am only 19 years old, but I too have been in the hospital for chest related pains. Heart-racing, chest pains, could barel breathe, felt fatigued. Honestly, I thought I was going to die. What does it turn out I was having? A panic attack. I have been having panic attacks for about a year now. So bad that even my love left me, and I miss her everyday. Sometimes I even feel as if I am losing my mind; rather scary.

Of course, I am not looking for sympathy but I feel that I can relate to you. I have yet to take medicine for it except for the occasional Xanax as I do not believe in modern medicine and really wish to overcome this disorder on my own. However, it may look like I need to take something. Would you recommend the Zoloft?

I have read some spiritual teachers (ones of whom I thought were just a little bit crazy) say that anxiety can be a result of certain people being hypersensitive. Sensitive to our bodies, sensitive to our feelings, our emotions, and even the "energy" around us. Perhaps we had no choice in taking the "red pill", and with it comes anxiety/depression.

You mention deja vu as well. I'm not really familiar with the concept but sometimes I get these images in my head. Just the other day I smelled some bath soap that was labeled "french lavender" and instantly I was brought back to a memory I had of being in the bathroom of some European structure looking out the window during sometime that looked like it was anywhere between the 1960's to the 1980's. Of course I have never been to Europe nor was I even alive then. I get memories like this all the time. Maybe they are just from a dream I do not remember, maybe another life? I am really not sure but I get them frequently.

I feel as though I am somewhat in the stage you were in before this change you had. My mind is always racing. I honestly think that thinking has become habitual.

I am very very glad to know you are finding peace once again. I hope to be there someday and again I thank you for sharing your experiences with me. It means a lot. Star for you.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by blujay

The simplest way to enlightenment is to CHOOSE it.

That being said, to wake up from what you call reality, or THIS dream, is also simple. SELF LOVE and acceptance. Simple, yet not so easy for the human aspect of the soul!

Love yourself. Let your 'past' go. I AM THAT I AM ... nothing else matters. In that acceptance, all past aspects come home, you are whole and awake. Now create

edit on 10-2-2012 by blujay because: (no reason given)

I understand that aspect of enlightenment. However, that doesn't really fit the concept.

As I stated, to wake up from a nighttime dream, I can simply do it because I have context of this reality to jump back to. How does loving myself give me context of a higher reality to jump to form this dream? I'm not trying to come off as condescending, I truly am curious.

I could love myself in a nighttime dream as well. Does that mean I would wake up?

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   

I would have to say this the most important question anyone could ever ask.

First of all you have to want to be awake more than you want to be asleep.

It is often observed that when this subject arises there will be comments made as to the benefits of awakening - enlightenment, bliss, freedom etc. but that is looking at the question objectively and using projection and second hand knowledge.

We cannot wake up from this dream, only YOU can because it is YOUR dream. Illness is not collective, for example, nor is it all-pervading. There are many types of illness which exist and each of those illnesses exist at different stages. One could ask, "how do we cure illness (in general)" but generally we don't. Instead, cures are sought for specific illnesses.

The main stumbling block to the investigation that you propose, is happiness. Happiness is really a cover word for pleasure and pleasure relies on a state of dreaming....and therefore sleep (or a type of sleep)

So the pursuit of happiness and pleasure and the search for a state of awake are not really compatible. To seek pleasure is to seek dream states. It is no coincidence that opiates possess the qualities of promoting extreme pleasure, as well as an intense and realistic dream state - the coupling of these two factors creating addiction.

The experience of the action of opiates on the brain is just a simplification and an exaggeration of the process though. I mean the process of sleep/dream and pleasure/pain.

The key to understanding as I see it, is in understanding the process of hypnotism. Hypnotism creates hynosis through repetition. It might be chemical repetition as with cigarettes, alcohol or narcotics, or falling asleep on the couch halfway through season one of A.L.F the loveable alien. Although ALF is a loud mouth which logically one would think would shock you awake, his voice also has a powerful quality of hypnosis to it and can render one paralized by episode 9.

The second key could lie in the fact that no state is continuous - even the flame on a candle is not continuous. In reality it is stroboscopic. The attention of perception though is tuned to the on-signal rather than the gaps in between.

Using this example as an analogy, awakening exists in the gaps that exist between the activity of dreaming. A hypnotic state exists when one is tuned only to the on-signal.

Hope this helps. It is not easy when you are a moth to a flame.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

I was under the impression you were wanting to 'wake up' .... from mass consciousness, from the illusion you've created by your belief systems, from your perceived life or reality. Seeing beyond the illusion is waking up to me. I misunderstood your context.

Dreaming is nothing more than unconscious escapades in the other realms .... easy to wake from. You actually have dreams upon dreams upon dreams. Sounds like you are a master of your unconscious endeavors

Self love/acceptance (unconditional) brings all of your past lives, aspects, dreams and your soul into this moment .... thus allowing the wake up, the dream to end and real life to begin. Life as a creator taking responsibility.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by blujay

I was under the impression you were wanting to 'wake up' .... from mass consciousness, from the illusion you've created by your belief systems, from your perceived life or reality. Seeing beyond the illusion is waking up to me. I misunderstood your context.

Dreaming is nothing more than unconscious escapades in the other realms .... easy to wake from. You actually have dreams upon dreams upon dreams. Sounds like you are a master of your unconscious endeavors

Self love/acceptance (unconditional) brings all of your past lives, aspects, dreams and your soul into this moment .... thus allowing the wake up, the dream to end and real life to begin. Life as a creator taking responsibility.

I get what you are saying. I did mean wake up from this dream though, (this reality). I was just asking that, if we wake up from our nighttime dreams to this reality because we can because we have context of this reality, how do we wake up from this reality to our higher conscious reality without any context of that.

I have read plenty about the self love/acceptance theory, and I am sure there is very much merit to it. However, I feel like that just wouldn't cut it to wake us up. I feel as though we would just find peace within this reality, but we wouldn't actually wake up.

I could find peace (i.e love and and acceptance of self and others) in my nighttime dreams, as could I find peace in this reality, but I can't say that that would cause me to wake up from either one.

Just my thoughts.
edit on 11-2-2012 by ErroneousDylan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Golden Rule

I think your post makes a lot of sense and was nicely put. I agree with you that this world is based upon happiness (i.e pleasure) and dreaming makes happiness easier. Somebody earlier in the thread mentioned "Astral projecting", whichI would chock up as being just another form of lucid dreaming. Lucid dreaming takes you to another plane as well does astral projecting. However, I believe it is no coincidence that the main usage of lucid dreaming is to create a fantasy world of pleasure. As far as I am concerned, lucid dreaming is just that; dreaming.

The deeper your dream, perhaps the more pleasure you can obtain.

I also agree that, to wake up you must want to wake up more than you want to sleep. I always say to myself "I'd love to wake up and be "enlightened" (for lack of a better term), but there are still many worldly pleasures and things I'd like to experience, and I feel that waking up would make me uninterested to those things." However, is this really me wanting to stay asleep for the fact of pleasure or is it my ego? I mean, inevitably, all the pleasures of this world will most likely lead to suffering.

Why would anyone choose suffering of peace and contentment? Perhaps, we aren't. Perhaps our egominds are. I can't really say for sure.

Dear God, please allow me to see the truth.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   
If you want to wake up from the dream please watch this:
youtu.be...

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Our higher conscious reality is our higher self or soul…. It is almost always aware of us, the human self or human aspect. We wake up to it when we choose to, when we choose to ascend or bring it in to this reality with us.

The soul or higher conscious reality is simple. It has nothing to do with the mind, so when you try to understand it in a sort of ‘context’ you will never get there. Going beyond the mind is the way to waking up from this reality.

Self love has nothing to do with finding peace. Peace is a conditional state of ‘mind’. You are going round and round in your mind trying to figure it out. True self love is gritty, it’s not easy looking at your self, this life and past lives and saying, ‘Damn I love me, I love every demonic thing I’ve done, every aspect I’ve created out of anger and hate’ no, that’s not too peaceful. But it’s real.

Spirituality is crap. Just another mind game. Peace, bliss, happiness …. All conditional on something else being ‘right’. There is no right, there is no wrong from the vantage point of acceptance. It just IS. Therein lies your wake up.

But remember all you will ever wake up to is YOU.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by blujay

Insightful post blujay. Would you say the search for perfection is what generates the dream or is it the search for peace, or the search for pleasure?

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by TheGreatest

Well Put it this way. We fall into dreams without recollection of our past, only because we arent trained to remember. and we naturally dont think of our past in our dreams because were in acompletely new area.
We fell into this life without memory of who we were. Hopefully if we are just spirit in body. which i believe is a part of our will. and where our natural intelligence comes from. we DONT remember with our brains memory because we were somwhere else before. Its natural we might remember things as an infant. But relative to a dream, we are in a completely new area so we dont think of our past because of our focus in a new life. Until we forget.
Does it make sense? To me it does, but its also a loop.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I've always thought that this is very interesting, and it does resonate with what you're saying somewhat:

The Dream Argument (Wikipedia link)

The dream argument is the postulation that the act of dreaming provides preliminary evidence that the senses we trust to distinguish reality from illusion should not be fully trusted, and therefore any state that is dependent on our senses should at the very least be carefully examined and rigorously tested to determine whether it is in fact reality.

While people dream, they usually do not realize they are dreaming (if they do, it is called a lucid dream). This has led philosophers to wonder whether one could actually be dreaming constantly, instead of being in waking reality (or at least that one can't be certain, at any given point in time, that he or she is not dreaming). In the West, this philosophical puzzle was referred to by Plato (Theaetetus 158b-d) and Aristotle (Metaphysics 1011a6). Having received serious attention in René Descartes' Meditations on First Philosophy, the dream argument has become one of the most prominent skeptical hypotheses. In the East, this type of argument is well known as "Zhuangzi dreamed he was a butterfly" (莊周夢蝶 Zhuāngzhōu mèng dié): One night, Zhuangzi (369 BC) dreamed that he was a carefree butterfly, flying happily. After he woke up, he wondered how he could determine whether he was Zhuangzi who had just finished dreaming he was a butterfly, or a butterfly who had just started dreaming he was Zhuangzi. This was a metaphor for what he referred to as a "great dream":

Dreaming provides a springboard for those who question whether our own reality may be an illusion. The ability of the mind to be tricked into believing a mentally generated world is the "real world" means at least one variety of simulated reality is a common, even nightly event.[3] Those who argue that the world is not simulated must concede that the mind—at least the sleeping mind—is not itself an entirely reliable mechanism for attempting to differentiate reality from illusion.

edit on 23-6-2012 by Xaphan because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join