It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New law paves the way for the extinction of Hunting.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

If anyone cares to watch the video i would love to get more insight into the subject.

edit on 9-2-2012 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-2-2012 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
no

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by RowdyAmerican1

Embedding is disabled so you have to watch on youtube.
You may think a different way if you watch the 60 minutes video.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by RowdyAmerican1
no

my thoughts exactly

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Hunting endangered species would be like f*cking for virginity .

This has to be in the top ten of stupid opening posts of 2012 .
edit on 9-2-2012 by dawnprince because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by deadeyedick

Hunting animals as a means to save them? It didn't work too good for dodo birds and carrier pigeons. It's not working well with Rhinos and Hippos.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
poaching is illegal and sinful, But legal hunting is good both for man and animal. An example how it benefits animals, in 2000 I lived in Monterey Calif, it was a safety zone for all animals because of this the number of deer was so high they had periods of time when disease would overtake the herds. Here in Texas where I live know there are so many deer that about half the deer population self aborts every year because there are more deer then resources, and out here there are hundreds of thousands of acres unused land, the deer problem is not man it is over population. Lets talk rabbits, they have upwards to 6-8 per litter, 2-3 times a year, see we humans also need space and ability to grow foods if we don't control it can devastate humans lifely hoods.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I believe that most of you are making uneducated emotional decisions.
I beg you to watch and then discuss your displeasure if it still exists.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I think if you think about the question then the answer, possibly yes.

If you give the endangered animal a value by hunting to the people who live in that area then it is in their interest to ensure it survives.

My question is why hunting? Why not shoot the animal with a camera. Tourism.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by colin42

I think there is room here on earth for both hunting and scenic wildlife tours.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadeyedick
reply to post by colin42

I think there is room here on earth for both hunting and scenic wildlife tours.

Hunting isn't going anywhere so I tend to agree with you. If they are extinct in there natural habitat, but thriving only on a hunting preserve, then how can you argue with that?

I don't think there is a choice unless you want the animals to vanish off the face of the earth.
edit on 9-2-2012 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
If they are animals that are almost extinct because of man hunting them, you keep them on an endangered list and make it legal to hunt & kill poachers.

If they are almost extinct because of a NATURAL issue like they are too stupid to reproduce or whatever the reason then let them die off like the Dodo.

I hate when we intervene in nature and try to fix her "mistakes".

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Isn't hunting by man sometimes what causes endangered species to become endangered? If I recall, the American Bison/Buffalo almost went extinct from being overhunted by American settlers. So if a species is endangered and you start killing it off more? Doesn't seem logical to me.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by mwood

Many animal are endangered (not all) because those evil poachers some are) need to feed their families in the short term and recieve very little for the animals they kill. ie Rhino horns.

If you make those animals more valuable alive to the poacher who needs to provide for his family he is likely to become a game warden.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I watched a recent hunting show where they were hunting in Argentina and they went out of their way to shoot what they termed assassin deer. They have points on their antlers that when during mating fight would cause nasty injuries to the other deer. The ranch is trying to remove said characteristic from the gene pool by leading hunters to those types of deer. Makes sense when you think about it and not go knee jerk.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Imo The new federal law going into effect soon seems to me to be a knee jerk power grab.
The horned oryx was saved from extinction by hunters in texas and this law will bring them one step closer to extinction.
If anyone has any info on this law they speak of in the video please share as i'm not finding anything yet.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by deadeyedick

Would you be so kind as to give a summary of the video for those that dont have time to watch it and for those with limited bandwidth... Then I will be able to pass comment.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I think that the title should be changed. From watching the video in the first few minutes I see that these hunting preserves keep some species that are hard to find in the wild or even are scarce in the wild and whatever they are doing is helping populations of said species multiply. these preserves know how to keep a population going.

But to address the op directly, NO, I do not think that hurting endangered species helps them.

edit on 9-2-2012 by kimish because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by PennKen2009
Isn't hunting by man sometimes what causes endangered species to become endangered? If I recall, the American Bison/Buffalo almost went extinct from being overhunted by American settlers. So if a species is endangered and you start killing it off more? Doesn't seem logical to me.

No that was not hunters it was the murderous government at the time that put a bounty on them.They figured that they could hurt the indians by removing their food supply.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by kimish

I'm open to title suggestions.
I went with the cbs title.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join