It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Marines posed with Nazi symbol in Afghanistan

page: 38
<< 35  36  37   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

Apparently history started in 1939.

Maybe you could go back further, and say look at the same symbols on the painting from the late 1800s.

I know this is a odd-topics board - maybe you can claim that the Nazis used time travel to plant those symbols into the past!

I seem to remember seeing some of these symbols on things from the Germanic Kingdoms. I seem to remember seeing some from when I was looking at the history of the Hessians (I have several Hessians in my family tree. The true evil - Loyalists.) I'll see if I can find some examples later.

You can find an example of the Thors Hammer / Cross mashup in this nice picture of Charlemagne.

Here is a nice bit on Arianism

Maybe we could just remove the "Y" from the word.

edit on 2012/2/22 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Of course the troops posed with a Nazi flag. The US is our generations Nazi Germany.

1. You have a targeted group of people (Muslims) who are all enemies of the state.
2. We are on a mission to eradicate all Muslims from where they resided for over thousands of years.
3. A government that snoops through your email, listens in on your phone calls, lies to you 90% of the time.
4. Has snitches on every corner through apps and FBI/CIA informants infiltrating colleges, militias and political parties.
5. Militarized police who kill innocent civilians on a daily basis.
6. The Military spends hundreds of billions of dollars on all of these wonder weapons that DON'T work (F-22's suffocating their pilots, F-35's whose electrical wiring over heats when it rains, Sea Shadow (IX-529), Star Wars program) just like Hitler did.
7. Tracks your every movement whenever it wants
8. Makes it citizens go die in wars based on lies (9/11-Iraq) just like Hitler did (Reichstag fire-Invading Poland)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

"I am offended that people cannot make the distinction between Scout Snipers and Neo Nazis. "

...'distinction'?.. troops are troops.. "just following orders" of some elitist creeps. Young impressionable patriotic Germans, some.. bought the "German exceptionalism" / boogie man toxic swamp of propaganda... Then, allegedly off to battle some fake boogieman.. goose stepped off to "defend" the fatherland.

Both were homeland heroes too.. supporting the troops was follow along thing to do.. just like today.

Perception is reality.. some see this, other see that.. which doesn't make it any more than a multicolored piece of cloth strangers posed with. On a stick, maybe..

Anything that makes these horrible insults to humanity more unpopular with unwashed masses.. fine with me.
edit on 24-2-2012 by GovtFlu because: toxic paste and such

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Sek82

Well darn. Give me a black, brown, and yellow guys and stick them in the mix with them..i would say they would be trying to make a statement.."yeah dude scout snipers it is" B.S.!!!

Here in America we do stupid things everyday to get attention. I will say this, I am not white and I am not offended at all. If thats what they choose to do then thats their business and the U.S. needs to stop apologizing for these type of things because they're really are all for it (some of them). I say this because it happens all time.

Heck, look at the Obama comments throughout the net since he took office...yeah.

So, what can we do?? Laugh at it and move on. Theres more better things to do like playing MW3 or Battlefield 3 online as the Sniper...now that's cool!!!

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Every single one of those scout snipers there must have failed history. None of these guys knows what WWII was I guess.The letters seemed OK to them. Maybe an older army guy should tell them about the notorius SS. There should be a rule in the army where one of every 10 men must have passed high school history. Skulls are next, the Nazis had skull logos.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude
Every single one of those scout snipers there must have failed history. None of these guys knows what WWII was I guess.The letters seemed OK to them. Maybe an older army guy should tell them about the notorius SS. There should be a rule in the army where one of every 10 men must have passed high school history. Skulls are next, the Nazis had skull logos.

Isn't this horse dead yet?

Yeah, the Nazis had skulls. The SS and their Panzer divisions used them.

So did the British 17th Lancers, the "Death or Glory Boys" when they took a little trip down a valley.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by signal2noise

Originally posted by earthdude

Isn't this horse dead yet?

Yeah, the Nazis had skulls. The SS and their Panzer divisions used them.

So did the British 17th Lancers, the "Death or Glory Boys" when they took a little trip down a valley.

The more I think about it I bet most of those guys idolize the SS. If it walks like a duck, talks like a duck, it must be a dead horse.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
This thread needs to die.

The troops here need to simply be willing to admit the fact that some of their own got caught doing the wrong thing. They got reprimanded, and AFAIK their CO issued an apology to the media.

Stop trying to claim that they didn't do the wrong thing. They did, and it was acknowledged that they did. Accept it, and move on.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

Yeah I guess you are right, there is no way of bringing back the benevolent military the US once had. We were the guys in the white hat. It was a good run and we gained the respect of the world. Now children worldwide fear the Americans. There is no switching to Hawaian shirt styled uniforms to look like the good guy now. We gotta be mean, faceless and black like Darth Vader. These sniper's are America's youth, well one part that raised on shooting video games. They are just getting an understanding of how to represent themselves, they do not represent all Americans. Try and be civil, kids with rifles, don't shoot me and please do not block the entrance to the bar, people were trying to get by last night.Be less arrogant.We are on the same side.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   

This is a comic from a former Marine grunt.

It's called Terminal Lance. In fact, I think most of you will find enjoyment in the message behind this.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   
so the ss lightening bolts now mean scout snipers, i'm cool with that after all symbols and word change meaning all the time even ones within the last hundred years it just takes time and exposure.
after all what do you first think of when you hear stormtrooper i'll bet ya atleast 95% of people don't think of the german stormtroopers from WWl i know i don't.
the main problem at the moment is the fact that outside the military the ss lightening bolts meaning scout snipers is pretty much unknown. atleast thats how i see it.

new topics

top topics

<< 35  36  37   >>

join