It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Marines posed with Nazi symbol in Afghanistan

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Echo3Foxtrot
reply to post by r3axion

I know what you mean. There are days that I wonder if I had tried could I have made it. Become one of the group that was lead by Gunny Hathcock. Then I remember I'm a little bit- ....another word for a female dog.

Funny because then you should have no problem joining as it is one of the prerequisites.
Gear up and go for it.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Echo3Foxtrot

That would be so awesome.

I remember when I was in 7th grade I read that book about Gunny Hathcock written by Charles Henderson. Reading that book and about his epic scope shot is what turned me onto the Corps in the first place.

Then when I was older and read into what it takes I was like oh # that. I'll just go 03!
Still a secret dream of mine though

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
Funny, that many of the members who make judgements about OWS by the actions of a few bad apples are now responding in the exact same way as those who defend OWS. "It's just a few bad apples", "not representative of the majority". Blah blah blah

War causes more than a few bad apples. Want a few more bad apples. What about the Kill team' US platoon commander guilty of Afghan murders. Or the helicopter incident in which civilians and children were shot and they look on laughing. Its funny want people want to defend..

The OWS movement is trying to make the world better, the biggest war machine in the world has just killed millions of people in the name of oil and you are defending it.

Dont forget the Nuremberg trials. One day soliders will be held account for there war crimes. Two illegal wars. Neither of which were sanctioned by the UN and the sheeple defend.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rafe_

reply to post by r3axion

I know what you mean. There are days that I wonder if I had tried could I have made it. Become one of the group that was lead by Gunny Hathcock. Then I remember I'm a little bit- ....another word for a female dog.

Funny because then you should have no problem joining as it is one of the prerequisites.
Gear up and go for it.

Are you just here to troll or....?

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

You assume that, once in the state of war, "justifiable" is an existent concept.

In peace, and in occupation, then we look at laws.

In war, no.

There's plenty the army has done that is not justifiable. As too our enemy.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by r3axion

reply to post by r3axion

Gear up and go for it.

Are you just here to troll or....?

I don't agree with him 100%, but I will defend him by saying if he doesn't agree with you it's not "trolling". I get pooped on daily for the same thing.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Rafe_

Been there, done that. Too bad you don't have the testicular fortitude.

And before you go on about not being dumb enough or not wanting to be a puppet or whatever, dude, you still have no guts. I guarantee that you wont know what to do when the US becomes weak and overran because people think like you. You'll just submit and probably die a miserable death.

Don't come insulting me like that. But if you want....COME AT ME, BRO! lol
edit on 2/10/12 by Echo3Foxtrot because: Making friends once again.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Echo3Foxtrot

Here's the thing. Why live in the past? Yes, I know this symbol was worn by a lot of people who did bad things

Those that forget the past and likely to repeat it. Killing more than 6 million men, women and children because of there religion is more than doing a bad thing.. Maybe you should go to one of the war museums and look at the piles of children's skulls piled up there.. Or go anhead and think its ok becuase by the look of the US it is following in the same actions as the Nazi Germans.. 6 million Jews dead because of a princiaple or 2 million arabs dead in the name of oil. I cant see much difference can you..
Funny how people at the time defended the Nazis.. Just like you are defending the actions of US troops now..

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   
So what?
Maybe they were history fans?

I'm of Jewish descent and I don't care.

Either way the Marines and SS are comparable.
The US took a lot of Nazi technology, copied their weapons.
Look at the PASGT helmet and look at a German helmet and tell me they don't look strikingly similar.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by L00kingGlass

I don't agree with him 100%, but I will defend him by saying if he doesn't agree with you it's not "trolling". I get pooped on daily for the same thing.

His disagreement is not what is making him a troll. It's him ignoring responses and instead replying solely to provoke an emotional response from a viewer. Is that not obvious?
edit on 2-10-12 by r3axion because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
2 million arabs dead in the name of oil. I cant see much difference can you..
Funny how people at the time defended the Nazis.. Just like you are defending the actions of US troops now..

Oh come off your holier than thou high horse.

Show indisputable proof of 2 Million Arabs killed

edit on 10-2-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

Funny how you're so wrapped up in thinking that people would forget such a horrible thing and do it again ALL BECAUSE OF A SYMBOL. Just sayin'.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   
If it has not been posted already, that is a Nordic runic symbol meaning arbitrariness, a symbol hundreds of years old, I don't read anyone screaming about hesbula using the Roman/nazi salute

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Reply to post by Openeye

There's nothing courageous about the soldiers in question.

They're morons of the highest order. If they don't know what that flag symbolizes, they should not be representing America overseas.

Ditto for the bad apples like Lyddie England and countless others. Is hanging still considered a punishment for soldiers that disgrace their country?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

Reconsider what you said, it's short sighted.

But I'm pretty sure I'm wasting my time in this thread trying to get people to understand one thing that I'm sure NOBODY will EVER be able to wrap their one tracked minds around.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
Reply to post by Openeye

They're morons of the highest order. If they don't know what that flag symbolizes, they should not be representing America overseas.

Ditto for the bad apples like Lyddie England and countless others. Is hanging still considered a punishment for soldiers that disgrace their country?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Thats the thing and the sad thing is that posters like Echo3Foxtrot and r3axion never caught on to that.
Shallow as they are they thought i was attacking the U.S while all the time i was attacking stupidity,go figure.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
Reply to post by Openeye

Oh goodie! I've been waiting for someone who knows the military background of these Marines. What are some missions they've been tasked with, if I may be so kind as to ask?

Surely you know what they have or have not been through, otherwise "courage" wouldn't have made it's way into this conversation. That would just be silly and I just might have to giggle and TEEHEE myself to sleep

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   

reply to post by purplemer

Funny how you're so wrapped up in thinking that people would forget such a horrible thing and do it again ALL BECAUSE OF A SYMBOL. Just sayin'.

Pretty much this.^

I judge people based on their actions, not a symbol. "The tree is known by it's fruit" as they say.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Thats the thing and the sad thing is that posters like Echo3Foxtrot and r3axion never caught on to that.
Shallow as they are they thought i was attacking the U.S while all the time i was attacking stupidity,go figure.

You were attacking Marines. That's a no no where I come from.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   
So or the US army has nazi symps in it or some of the armed forces really suck at history.
How ever you look at it, it ain't good.

I would like to say, that nobody is that ingnorant not to know by whom this SS was used or what it stood for.
But knowing the state of the educational system in the US at the moment, I can't say I am surprised.
It is truelly creeping me out to hear and see such ignorance about recent history.

It almost make me wish they are Nazi sympathisers instead of ignorant.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join