It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Marines posed with Nazi symbol in Afghanistan

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by mackey1224uk

Originally posted by r3axion
reply to post by mackey1224uk

Right so the Canadians, Chinese, and all the other militaries who have adopted this style are Nazis as well, correct?

WRONG!!!!

For a start, I did not call anyone person a nazi.
I said that todays US helmet reminds me and alot of others on this thread, its looks like 40's style German helmets "full stop"
What IS it with you and your leading questions.
I ask you again. Why did it take the US army 40-50yrs to adopt the helmet if there so smart?
Youre obviously a ex jarhead. I respect that but as I say again your zionist overlords are slowly but surely making you look like the fourth reich.
edit on 11-2-2012 by mackey1224uk because: (no reason given)

Maybe so people like you wouldn't scream NAZIS right after WWII? A majority of the equipment used in Vietnam was still WWII era. Just because there weren't many advancements in our equipment doesn't make the US "nazis" for changing a design. Should we remain stuck in the past forever? That's like saying "If kevlar is so smart why did they wait 15 years to use it?" You're just nitpicking and using faulty logic so you can join the bash America train. The Germans kicked ass in engineering. They had better weapons throughout the entire war. A lot of ideas were taken from them including medical advances, rocketry, and film innovations. So according to you, anyone who uses their ideas are part of the fourth reich.

Why did it take other countries just as long to adopt the design? I ask you again, are they Nazis part of the "fourth reich" as well? Why are you excluding them? These are not 'leading questions' just because I won't let you backpedal your way out of a logical argument.

I'll tell you what. How about you come up with a better designed kevlar to protect the most amount of surface area while being light weight and taking the least amount of space. Submit your idea to the military, since it seems obvious that there are totally much better designs. If you can do this, I will buy a plane ticket to the UK and clean your house and wash your dog for free.

By the way, no such thing as an ex jarhead.
edit on 2-11-12 by r3axion because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

A full investigation is necessary, said Mikey Weinstein, president of the MRFF, an organization that says it’s devoted to religious freedom in the military. The SS, or Schutzstaffel, was a military organization that committed a variety of war crimes, including killing U.S. prisoners of war. It was outlawed by Germany after World War II.

“We don’t have all the information, but we know enough to know the Marine Corps needs to open a full investigation,” Weinstein said. “If these guys just get a non-judicial punishment, it’s absolutely absurd.”

www.marinecorpstimes.com

Happy? See what happens, do you understand now why complaining about stupid things is bad? This is why every good parent in the world teaches their kids not to complain, THIS RIGHT HERE.

Because people are so bored and hateful they have to whine and lash out at things they don't have anything to do with and doesn't affect them in any way. This is what happens from this, innocent people get punished for absolutely stupid reasons because of absolutely ignorant people.

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
Come on guys, we're on page 25 and some of you are still claiming the innocent excuse that this had no hidden meaning and that it does'nt have anything to do with the Nazism of your society going on right under your nose while you embrace and defend it.

This time it won't be the Jews, it will probably be Christians from North America. I'm sure that might hit close to home for some of you. Welcome to the world of the 3rd and 4th Reich.

To the OP:

No genius, it does not have anything to do with Nazism; I repeat, the subject of this thread and the marine sniper flag DOES NOT SYMBOLIZE ANYTHING NAZI. It's a damn scout sniper team flag and they can interpret it however they want. You don't even have any right to say what it means, it's not YOUR flag.

The notion that an obscure sniper team in Afghanistan is going to commit genocide against American Christians is the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Honestly I don't know what your deal is, I don't know if you are so insane you think everything in existence is a conspiracy theory or if you just hate US marines for some reason, but you are doing nothing making this world a crappy place to live and work in if this is your attitude.

This doesn't just happen in the military, this happens everywhere in the west now. This is the big problem with our society: People who complain and unjustly cause trouble and expense for others all in the name of being politically correct, god forbid one irrelevant thing somewhere on the planet exists that slightly offends someone who gets offended at damn near everything. It's impossible to make some people happy without them knowing they caused misery in the world for someone else, because everything that ever happens slightly discomforts them and oh hell we just can't have that can we?

Now we have to jump through hoops for the simplest things from buying cigarettes to starting a business while the big hammer of legislation clamps down on us even more. Why? Because someone complained and "something" was done about it. We can't even discipline children anymore for fear of being incarcerated and labeled as a child abuser, because some closet-hate filled housewife somewhere called the police because she saw the guy across the street disciplining his kids in a way that wasn't acceptable to her never ending standards. This is why we have a bunch of ignorant kids running around that don't accomplish anything but vandalism and crying as loud as they can in movie theaters and wal mart. This is why the world sucks for all of us, because of this attitude.

Grats, your attitude is a plague on humanity.
edit on 11-2-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons

Originally posted by LifeInDeath
People really should know their history better.

That symbol represents millions of people murdered: Russian and Ukrainian peasants who were slaughtered in literally uncountable millions, 10-12 million political prisoners, Jews, Romany and other "undesirables" in the concentration camps.

I doubt they were trying to give homage to the Nazi SS (at least I hope they weren't), but to not know something that should be such basic, common knowledge of history is pretty unforgivable in other ways.

Millions of people murdered don't need a symbol. It stands for itself.

But it has several anyway.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by RSF77
Happy? See what happens, do you understand now why complaining about stupid things is bad?

Because people are so bored and hateful they have to whine and lash out at things they don't have anything to do with and doesn't affect them in any way. This is what happens from this, innocent people get punished for absolutely stupid reasons because of absolutely ignorant people.

Don't worry about it. Weinstein is a #ing moron, and obviously only outraged because he's a Jew himself. He's on a personal crusade against anti Semitism because his sons were asked "how it felt to kill Jesus" when they were cadets in the Chairforce academy (lol). Never mind the fact that it's been the scout snipers logo for the past 30+ years, he wouldn't care to do that kind of research. He'd probably break a nail trying.

You can read about this pathetic loser here
en.wikipedia.org...

Nothing's going to happen to these Marines. It'll go sort of like this:

Amos: We are totally outraged at this event and we assure you it will never happen again. This is an extremely regrettable incident. *giggle* Sgt. Maj. Mike Barrett will meet personally with every senior staff noncommissioned officer in the sniper community in coming days to "reinforce my message and expectations."

NCOs to their Platoon of snipers: In light of recent events and public condemnation, you are no longer allowed to take pictures in which our logo is shown.

And then Weinstein will throw a tantrum because these Marines were not executed/thrown in the brig, and the world will keep spinning.
edit on 2-11-12 by r3axion because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by AlreadyGone

AlreadyGone --- "Google shopping search for SS flag and see what you find. Every one of those Marines that posed for that picture knows what the SS flag means."

"Still, the Marines would have to have missed every Nazi movie and video game, and never spoken to one of the many American military members who served in Germany, which has banned the band KISS's logo because the S's are to close to Nazi iconography. In Germany, KISS poster's have Z-like S's instead."

edit on 11-2-2012 by Erno86 because: typo

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erno86
reply to post by AlreadyGone

AlreadyGone --- "Google shopping search for SS flag and see what you find. Every one of those Marines that posed for that picture knows what the SS flag means."

"Still, the Marines would have to have missed every Nazi movie and video game, and never spoken to one of the many American military members who served in Germany, which has banned the band KISS's logo because the S's are to close to Nazi iconography. In Germany, KISS poster's have Z-like S's instead."

edit on 11-2-2012 by Erno86 because: typo

Interesting you should say that, because the Nazi SS logo doesn't even represent the letter "S", according to wikipedia...

wikipedia.org/wiki/Sig_(rune)

It is supposed to represent something more like a letter "Z"...

And as you can read in the link the symbol isn't even based on a letter anyways, the only thing similar with Sniper Scout (SS) and Nazi (SS) is the fact that they a both just are collection of simple lines that end up making a similar symbol.

The SS sig runes design was created in 1931 when Walter Heck, a Sturmführer in the SS, drew two reversed and inverted sig runes side by side and noticed the similarity to the initials of the SS.

Well golly gee wiz look at that. Who knows though, its only wikipedia after all.
edit on 11-2-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

Originally posted by Petest205
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Okay, I was bluffing. But what if they're just dedicated Kiss fans?

Wheeeewwwww !!!!

You had me going for a minute

He tricked us!

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedarktower
thats no mistake, everyone knows that that type of s s means Nazi

There's something I've learned over the years. The knowledge I consider common isn't. World War II ended 67 years ago. Most people are not only not fans of learning history, they rarely get any in-depth education about this war in their compulsory schooling beyond 'Hitler was bad and killed a lot of Jewish people in something called the Holocaust'. I can fully believe these guys were that naive.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greensquad414

Originally posted by R3velutionR3quired
Respect to them, theve got serious go nads lol

I respect their skills, but there is no courage in being a sniper IMO.

Snipers are a vital tool for various purposes including special missions and protecting fellow servicemen, but I don't agree with the concept. But most of you will call me a peace loving hippie for not being down with the war mongering.
edit on 9-2-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: grammer

I highly disagree with you. It takes courage to take up any role in the military.
edit on 10-2-2012 by Greensquad414 because: (no reason given)

No courage??? Do you know that in warfare, a sniper is hated by enemy forces, and is sought out with great haste. You are on your own as a sniper, beside your sniper teamate, you are sneaking around behind enemy lines, and most of the time if you are caught, you are killed immediately, period. I would have to say that a sniper would have to be the most courageous single entity in any military.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by sith9157

Your definition of warfare is laughable.

Watch your NFL ESPN while you watch brains melt out skulls in the name of the American flag while you sing the star spangled banner and say it's protecting your freedoms

Sometimes you guys are too much!

This is one of those times!

ETA:

You Jingos are a riot!
edit on 11-2-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: ETA

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I'm offended by the alphabet for providing the letter "S".

I'm offended by the word "Passenger" because it has 2 S's next to each other in it's spelling.
I'm offended by the English language for having many, many words with 2 S's side by side in their spellings.
I'm offended by lightning because it often times resembles a "S" lightning bolt shape.

UH OH PEOPLE, LOOK OUT, HERE COMES HITLER CAR, SO FULL OF HATE AND PREJUDICE!

Someone better call Chevy and ask for an apology!

Good god... In all seriousness, what really offends me is how bent out of shape people get over stupid, trivial crap like this.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Qemyst
I'm offended by the alphabet for providing the letter "S".

I'm offended by the word "Passenger" because it has 2 S's next to each other in it's spelling.
I'm offended by the English language for having many, many words with 2 S's side by side in their spellings.
I'm offended by lightning because it often times resembles a "S" lightning bolt shape.

UH OH PEOPLE, LOOK OUT, HERE COMES HITLER CAR, SO FULL OF HATE AND PREJUDICE!

Someone better call Chevy and ask for an apology!

Good god... In all seriousness, what really offends me is how bent out of shape people get over stupid, trivial crap like this.

stupid, trivial crap is your post and that you're obviously incapable of understanding simple facts.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Qemyst

Your opinion is tainted....

If you find this trivial, you probably also find other things trivial, good luck.
edit on 11-2-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellas
stupid, trivial crap is your post and that you're obviously incapable of understanding simple facts.

That's your opinion.
I've stated mine.

Numerous people have already posted pics of the Scout Sniper insignia showing the lightning bolt SS. It's nothing new, but people are getting their panties all twisted up over it like it is.

I'm perfectly capable of understanding simple facts.
The simple fact is that this is being blown out of proportion, even if you don't like to think that it is.

Your opinion is tainted....

If you find this trivial, you probably also find other things trivial, good luck.

"Your opinion is tainted....in my opinion
"
There, I fixed that for you. You're welcome.

"If you find this trivial, you probably also find other things trivial, good luck"

Of course I find other things trivial, who DOESN'T find other things trivial? I find going to church trivial. I find owning a car trivial. I find drinking a beer at the bar trivial. I could go on.

Cheers

edit on 11-2-2012 by Qemyst because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Qemyst

And Monica Lewinsky saved her dress for peaceful purposes.

Such dribble.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

reply to post by Qemyst

Such dribble.

I think the word you're looking for is "drivel." lol

Is that really all you have to say back to him?
"nonsense!"

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Most impressive. Best pic I've seen in months.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   

reply to post by Qemyst

Such dribble.

It's spelled "drivel", and it's only "drivel" in your opinion. You see, you keep forgetting to add "in my opinion".

The only "dribble" I see is dripping down your chin out of the side of your mouth... in my opinion.
But, I digress.

IN MY OPINION it is pretty clear that these men in the picture are not members of the Schutzstaffel but are a scout sniper squadron. You can tell by looking at their weaponry..

The simplest explanation here is probably the correct one.
There were pics posted of the "SS " lightning bolts being used by the Scout Snipers. That's not new.
These men in the pic are scout snipers.
They are representing their country's flag and their own scout sniper flag.

The simplest explanation is NOT that they are holding the "SS" flag up to say "Hey, we're Nazis" or "Hey, look at us Americans. We're like Nazi's because we're over here brutalizing the people".

And thus, IN MY OPINION, they are representing their country's flag and their own scout sniper flag. Nothing more.
Why someone would extrapolate all this other Nazi crap from it is their own business, and is beyond me.

Cheers.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Qemyst

Numerous people have already posted pics of the Scout Sniper insignia showing the lightning bolt SS. It's nothing new, but people are getting their panties all twisted up over it like it is.

Which makes it even more moronic. But it's still the symbol of the Nazi SS

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellas
reply to post by Qemyst

Which makes it even more moronic. But it's still the symbol of the Nazi SS

It would be the symbol for the Nazi SS if it was on a Nazi. It's not.
It's a symbol, nothing more. Though it is associated with the Nazi SS because that's where it was most prevalent, it is still JUST a symbol. If a 5 year old child drew it in school, it wouldn't be a Nazi SS symbol. It would be a 5 year old childs' drawing. It would become a Nazi SS symbol when someone went "OH MY GOD, THAT 5 YEAR OLD IS A NAZI!!!"

...Hence, it's just a symbol they're using in the scout sniper units. It becomes more when people get all up in arms and assign these Nazi stigmas to it, and ONLY when they assign those stigmas to it.

Cheers

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join