It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

US Marines posed with Nazi symbol in Afghanistan

page: 22
37
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by RSF77
reply to post by clowdstalker
 


Did you ever consider posting pictures of people killed in the holocaust is a LOT more offensive than a freaking SS flag that isn't really even an SS flag? Your whole point revolves around their flag allegedly symbolizing all those deaths, yet you go and post them here? Can we stop with all the dead body propaganda now, I'm getting sick of it.

No, the "SS" on the sniper units flag does not bother me.

Yes, you are beginning to bother me. You are posting stuff a lot more offensive than the stupid thing you are trying to preach against. If you had any respect for life and these people (which I'm assuming is your whole reason for protesting this flag), you wouldn't be posting these unless it was just to troll.
edit on 10-2-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)



RSF777 - I am offended by your quoted post. You don't seem to understand what happened during the Nazi Holocaust. I feel like you are trying to put the "k" in America again as in "Amerika."

I have to agree with Neformore.... that it is "damned offensive and degrading," for a U.S. armed forces unit to stand in front of a flag that is emblazoned with an insignia that has represented Nazi jackboot opression for many decades.

You ticked me off, when you suggested that the Nazi concentration picture was more offensive than the "SS flag."
Your "rant," reeks of pure hypocrisy --- Because it were these concentration camp inmate's, that were forced into hard labor to build the famous German K-98 Mauser rifle's, that were proofmarked with the Waffen SS insignia; stamped on the rifle barrel's by the concentration inmates themselves!!!




posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Basilis
reply to post by Rafe_
 


By explaining the true meaning of them. If what others have said is true, then the S is actually a runic symbol.

I'm just saying, if you see someone using a symbol, the SS for example, why not ask them about it? If they actually are nazi sympathizers, they'd probably say so if they'd be so brazen as to use it. On the other hand, if they just like the looks of it, what's the harm?


Don't get me wrong i understand what you are trying to say here.


But you are talking about military forces carrying nazi symbolism uniform in a political world. Military forces are not decorated with specific symbols because they look cool, They are used as icons. Icons that represent their nation their goal and their pride. Icons that were well defined already by german nazi's ,One would be wearing and adorning those ideals of german nazi's. There is no way around it. The history remains and is very much alive. I would not be so quick to believe anyone that claims differently, WWII is still standard in history lesson around the world. Not the only one but the most prominent one, it was after all the world war and the last one so far. It is to date remembered yearly in every western country involved and some non-western for good reason.


I doubt any countries military force adorning nazi symbols uniformly across their divisions and ranks to even be able to secure even just one of their own embassies anywhere in AT LEAST Europe,russia or israel.

Imagine this, having to pass a ruling within A government to outfit its forces with these. You think it will come to pass? If not ,ask yourself why not.


You of course have to make up your own mind about the notion and that is perfectly fine but do not take it lightly .Take it into close consideration instead of just waving it of as such a unimportant long forgotten thing of the past.



posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Shred
 


As evil as they were theres no denying that the SS troops were indeed badasses in the fullest sense of the word.

Rommel was no nazi and not affiliated with the SS - he was an old school soldier of the bavarian officer class - a group that Hitler and the nazi's despised , even at the height of the desert war many british soldiers in montys eighth army idolised Rommel and were in awe of him - to the point were monty had to issue orders to stamp it out.

Michael Wittman was an SS panzer commander but look at his record - he personifies the warrior spirit regardless of what era or ideology you compare him to.

its possible to admire certain aspects of the SS without agreeing with thier ideology or forgetting that many of them were monsters in human form - maybe its that warrior spirit the marines were trying to tap into when they displayed that flag and nothing political at all.



posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Did anyone ever notice the logo for the band Kiss?

Gene Simmons, the head dude in the (so called) band is Jewish, and the "SS" in the name kiss are the two nazi lightening bolts. I always thought it was totally ironic. Check it out. Jewish guy, SS logo. Pretty weird marketing.

I did see a reality show with him once and he does have one heckuva woman.



posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Hey guys, This already taken on "overtones" on the web. Kind of sketchy in my opinion. There is a link to Nazi symbols below. Click on that and scroll down to a article by the JDL(?) that shows the same pic as original OP's picture. Although I may not agree with the unit "emblem" it should not be presented here:

Schutzstaffel symbol



posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masamune69
reply to post by Shred
 


As evil as they were theres no denying that the SS troops were indeed badasses in the fullest sense of the word.

Rommel was no nazi and not affiliated with the SS - he was an old school soldier of the bavarian officer class - a group that Hitler and the nazi's despised , even at the height of the desert war many british soldiers in montys eighth army idolised Rommel and were in awe of him - to the point were monty had to issue orders to stamp it out.

Michael Wittman was an SS panzer commander but look at his record - he personifies the warrior spirit regardless of what era or ideology you compare him to.

its possible to admire certain aspects of the SS without agreeing with thier ideology or forgetting that many of them were monsters in human form - maybe its that warrior spirit the marines were trying to tap into when they displayed that flag and nothing political at all.



Yes I agree with you completely. It always saddens me when a military and every member of it is associated with a specific regime, for example the WW2 Wehrmacht can be admired and normal soldiers sympathized with without one automatically being a Nazi sympathizer.



posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Erno86
 


Again, these snipers didn't do any of that.



posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by isaac7777
The swastika was also a buddhist symbol before the nazis used it. So, using your logic, buddhists are nazis and jew killers. Get a grip.


this isn't the first time someone has stated this.

The symbol was altered by Hitler/Nazi's.



posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimaererum

Originally posted by isaac7777
The swastika was also a buddhist symbol before the nazis used it. So, using your logic, buddhists are nazis and jew killers. Get a grip.


this isn't the first time someone has stated this.

The symbol was altered by Hitler/Nazi's.


What exactly do you mean by this?



posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by The Sword
 


Not sure where you got all that from. I could really care less if people respect me because of my service. I'm not much on flaunting it, normally.

But you said there was nothing courageous about the Marines in question and called them morons. Following the story provided, I highly doubt they didn't know what the symbol meant. In fact, for decades the Scout Snipers have been using that symbol. What I'm trying to say is why can't people look past what the symbol was once used for and look at as them trying to give it a new, more acceptable meaning. And it's just a symbol. It's not like they're trying to build a new reich or anything.



posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Echo3Foxtrot
reply to post by The Sword
 


Not sure where you got all that from. I could really care less if people respect me because of my service. I'm not much on flaunting it, normally.

But you said there was nothing courageous about the Marines in question and called them morons. Following the story provided, I highly doubt they didn't know what the symbol meant. In fact, for decades the Scout Snipers have been using that symbol. What I'm trying to say is why can't people look past what the symbol was once used for and look at as them trying to give it a new, more acceptable meaning. And it's just a symbol. It's not like they're trying to build a new reich or anything.


Well one thing is that certain circles don't want to give it a new meaning. It has a use - it reminds people of a part of history they have been taught. Never again, as they say. By bombarding people with horrific images about it they pre-empt the "'n-word'" effect (the way blacks call each other niggas). This has an impact on peoples psyche.
edit on 10-2-2012 by Shred because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
reply to post by Erno86
 


Again, these snipers didn't do any of that.



Yeah... but do think it would be distinguishable for these U.S. sniper's too go victory parading down New York's Fifth Avenue waving an SS flag?

Homie don't think so.



posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erno86
RSF777 - I am offended by your quoted post. You don't seem to understand what happened during the Nazi Holocaust. I feel like you are trying to put the "k" in America again as in "Amerika."


How is it that I don't understand? Explain.

That's what I thought, your just speaking to hear yourself talk.


I have to agree with Neformore.... that it is "damned offensive and degrading," for a U.S. armed forces unit to stand in front of a flag that is emblazoned with an insignia that has represented Nazi jackboot opression for many decades.

You ticked me off, when you suggested that the Nazi concentration picture was more offensive than the "SS flag."
Your "rant," reeks of pure hypocrisy --- Because it were these concentration camp inmate's, that were forced into hard labor to build the famous German K-98 Mauser rifle's, that were proofmarked with the Waffen SS insignia; stamped on the rifle barrel's by the concentration inmates themselves!!!


I could care less how ticked off you are. I already went over what I thought about this for the last few pages, this thread is just filled with bigots who want to complain about something or bash someone else for whatever reason. It's just a damn unit flag for christs sake it doesn't even matter, you would think they actually participated in the holocaust the way some people act.

Oh god, a piece of cloth halfway across the world is so offensive and degrading and it disgusts me green. Get the hell out of here, the entire world is disgusting and degrading if your going to cry at the sight of a flag you are in for a real treat when you finally leave the basement.

You know what offends and disgusts me? People who complain and cry all the time and then have laws made that inconvenience everyone else, just so they can feel better about themselves at the expense of someone else. Doesn't matter who it is, as long as they go down so you can lift yourself up on that nice pearly pedestal of yours.

I am not this type of person, I'm the type of person who sees it for what it is... you know... in reality. It's a unit flag (not even that really), a piece of cloth, it means nothing to no one unless you are in that particular sniper unit. But no, we can't have that, because it resembles a Nazi flag we have people who JUST CAN'T GET OVER IT. So now these guys who took pride in their fellow snipers have to entirely change the way they identify themselves as a unit, which didn't have anything to do with Nazis in the first place.

Why? Because someone complained. GTFO, I don't subscribe to this new culture of babies.
edit on 10-2-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed
 


Well, as a Marine myself, I find it humorous.
After you experience the **** that goes on in a front line position, and see the **** that we have seen, something as petty as this is just laughed at.



posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ka119
reply to post by Corruption Exposed
 


Well, as a Marine myself, I find it humorous.
After you experience the **** that goes on in a front line position, and see the **** that we have seen, something as petty as this is just laughed at.


And therein lies the true problem.

I know all about military "humour" and your post just doesn't cut it for me.

Perhaps if the russians, chinese or various "jihadists" chose an emblem of the towers collapsing you may change your tune,



posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by RSF77
 


It's an SS flag---GET IT???

I have met a concentration camp survivior in my youth. The concentration camp doctor iradiated her so as to make her sterile. We must "NEVER FORGET" what happened during the Nazi Holocaust. That's why I was personally offended, when you deemed the concentration camp picture as offensive but the SS flag as not. The concentration picture poster has a legitimate beef. So.... why did you have to tear into him so badly?


edit on 10-2-2012 by Erno86 because: spelling



posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
reply to post by Kram09
 


Do your high schools even teach about WW2? You guys didn't even get into the thing until near the end.


Amazing just amazing
With that you just invalidated anything you said in here.


You just said that to a english man!
England has been in the war since the beginning and they fought harder and lost more then the U.S ever did who came in LAST and did less long after the russians started fighting the good fight.



posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ka119
reply to post by Corruption Exposed
 


Well, as a Marine myself, I find it humorous.
After you experience the **** that goes on in a front line position, and see the **** that we have seen, something as petty as this is just laughed at.


Talk about clicheman

You should audition for the next B-movie with Mickey Rourke



posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by budski

And therein lies the true problem.

I know all about military "humour" and your post just doesn't cut it for me.

Perhaps if the russians, chinese or various "jihadists" chose an emblem of the towers collapsing you may change your tune,


Uhm, well for starters..

1. You obviously dont get MARINE humor. Remember, each of those branches is just a weee bit different


2. Negative Captain, I could care less.

Nice try!



posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Erno86
 


Because if a flag that isn't even a Nazi SS flag is offensive, then pictures of dead holocaust victims definitely is and they shouldn't be posted by someone so concerned about offensive pictures. That's called following your own rules.

The Nazi SS flag is black and white first of all, so if the flag in this article is a Nazi flag does that mean the countries of Chad and Romania also have the same flag and the same idealism?
edit on 10-2-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)



new topics

top topics



 
37
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

log in

join