It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Marines posed with Nazi symbol in Afghanistan

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by r3axion

Originally posted by Rafe_

Thats the thing and the sad thing is that posters like Echo3Foxtrot and r3axion never caught on to that.
Shallow as they are they thought i was attacking the U.S while all the time i was attacking stupidity,go figure.

You were attacking Marines. That's a no no where I come from.

So is chewing bubble gum in shanghai.
So what's your point?

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrouchyGrouch
So or the US army has nazi symps in it or some of the armed forces really suck at history.

I would like to say, that nobody is that ingnorant not to know ...

The difference between the US army and US Marines?

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Thats the thing and the sad thing is that posters like Echo3Foxtrot and r3axion never caught on to that.
Shallow as they are they thought i was attacking the U.S while all the time i was attacking stupidity,go figure.

So what's your point?

I believe I just stated my point.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrouchyGrouch
So or the US army

holy # bro. major party foul.
you're harshin my mellow over here

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   

An ATS moderator felt the need to remove my post, which frankly, is pathetic.

I will be re-posting my opinion word for word until a valid explanation is given.

edit on 10/2/12 by TrixXxtaR because: Some douche bag deleted my post! :O

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   

So what's your point?

I believe I just stated my point.

No i was attacking stupidity as i previously already stated. You said i was attacking marines and that where you come from that is a "no no" as you put it in response to me. How that has any relevance to me is beyond me. Thus i stated the valid question, What is your point?

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   
There is nothing naive about this photo shoot.

These guys knew exactly what that flag represents.

This does not surprise me at all.

Earlier in the week we have Israel funding arming and training terrorists.

Now we have US marines embracing NAZI symbolism.

The truth is revealing itself all around us.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

outrage, Jewish community, outrage, blah blah, hardly really important in the grand scheme of things- it may have been naive or deliberate, but how does that help people who are being killed by our air attacks in Afghanistan

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   

No i was attacking stupidity as i previously already stated. You said i was attacking marines and that where you come from that is a "no no" as you put it in response to me. How that has any relevance to me is beyond me. Thus i stated the valid question, What is your point?

Uhh attacking Marines for their chosen MOS is far from attacking "stupidity" for using a flag.

Possibly you should go back and read your posts. It seems as if you've forgotten what you've said.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   
You know what I see? Another chance for the hardcore Jews to yammer on about the holocaust.. AGAIN.. and bring up the poor us 6 million garbage once again.. yeah.. like they are the only ethnic group ever to suffer..

Meanwhile a Jew calls for the assassination of the US president and the media is silent.. why's that? They can't have the stupid American people realising how they are being played and used like they have been, and hated all the while by the Jews... I believe thats why the Germans targeted the Jews.. being stabbed in the back by the people they allowed to live in their country isn't cool.

6 million? BS.. not physically possible IMO.. show me proof. There is none is there?... just a made up number to gain sympathy, land and special laws especially made for them.. gods chosen. Honest Jews who have studied the facts will agree its a lie. And they exist!

As someone pointed out.. the Nazi swastika symbol was taken from another culture.. dare anyone use a lightning bolt in anything they do, lest they be called a Nazi.. another symbol taken from the Nordic people..
Anyone who happens to use 666 at anytime in their life is also a satanist, make sure you dont call anyone with that string of numbers!

Oops.. And lets not forget the Eagle.. everyone uses that too.. another favorite of the Nazi's

edit on 10-2-2012 by PrecogPsychicSensitive because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Can anyone name any millitary insignia, flag or symbol that doesnt have some sort of civillian death connotation attached to it?

Virtually every country in the "developed" world has been involved in genocide in the past ...the Nazi genocide was abhorent but was one of many....I wonder how the Amerindians feel when they see the stars and stripes??

Every time a British soldier holds a union flag ; what about the South African concentration camps where Hitler got the idea from???

When you've got people being paid to kill other people who they dont personally have issue with under a sign, symbol or banner the complaint about type of banner is missing the point.

edit on 10-2-2012 by Jukiodone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Echo3Foxtrot
reply to post by Rafe_

Been there, done that. Too bad you don't have the testicular fortitude.

I think America (and any other country in question) being overrun, rather than continue with the sort of mentality that I'm seeing expressed by you and a few other people here, would be preferable.

One of the things that I've grown very tired of, recently, given that I have to deal with this where I live offline, are people who derive their self-worth from their effectiveness at inflicting violence on others; and who even more, have made said violence the center of their whole existence. I don't consider that admirable, or really being positive in any way whatsoever; and encountering what essentially amount to vicious dogs on two legs, who masquerade as human beings, is really starting to become tedious.

Just please...in response to this, do not also insult both of our intelligence, with the usual canned response that your violence and machismo are what actually provides other people with the right to express that they find it repugnant. Even if, hypothetically speaking, that was true 60 years ago, it is not true now. At this point you are corporate mercenaries, and absolutely nothing else. Freedom has nothing to do with it whatsoever.
edit on 10-2-2012 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   

What I don't get is why people are acting like this is something new and crazy.

click the link for full image since it cut the right side off.

files.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 2-9-12 by r3axion because: (no reason given)

Initially I was going to argue with your comment about the flag meaning nothing - the whole point of flags is to announce something, and the whole point of symbols is that they convey a specific meaning.

However, the 2nd image from the left portrays something that could be taken as having the opposite meaning to the one everyone's assumed. It looks as though it's portraying the 'SS' as being in the Scout Sniper's sites. Am I interpreting it wrong? If not, it's presenting the Scouts as anti everything the SS stood for.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

You did know that burning the flag is the proper way to dispose of it. The US Flag Code. TITLE 4 > CHAPTER 1 > Sec. 8(k). It states:

"The flag, when it is in such condition that it is no longer a fitting emblem for display, should be destroyed in a dignified way, preferably by burning"

It looks like it was being burned at a protest. You forget protesting is a right?

Thomas Jefferson said "dissent is the purest form of patriotism,"

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Uhh attacking Marines for their chosen MOS is far from attacking "stupidity" for using a flag.

The flag in question.

...Your words, not mine.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Toffeeapple

Why are you trying to defend this symbolism?

The CORPS have stated this is not acceptable. Simple as.

Rember this is the same army that has members urinating on dead bodies.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by r3axion

Mate, you are so far off topic with your last 10 posts, i don't understand how its still up.

You seem to only post, and reply to people who does not agree that the marines are "awesome". I understand you served, i respect the fact that you did, but mate, seriously, we all get it now.

Back on topic, the symbol on the flag does indeed look very much like the nazi ss symbols, whether they posed with that flag, and those symbols on it, deliberately or not, the fact is, it surely portrays a controversial topic.

I see people bring up Kiss, but that is not applicable. The thing in this situation is that the SS nazi symbol is associated with war and killing, just like the scout snipers that is posing with it. They must have known this. With Kiss, its associated with a ridiculous metal band, that is over their prime.

vvv

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

What THEY (The Scout Snipers) use it (SS runes) for is short for Scout Sniper, not what everyone thinks they are using it for. When I was in the Corps (2002-2010 broken service) they used to brand themselves with the runes. When I first saw the runes on the Scout Snipers, I thought the same thing when I was a Boot (aka new guy). Then I stopped for a moment and thought..."What a minute...Scout Sniper....SS....Aha" And the fact about them being white is irrelevant. The sniper unit that was with us had a black guy on it...and guess what? He had SS runes branded onto him as well. In fact HE was the one I saw them (SS runes) on first in my Marine Corps career. This is just a Marine/military thing that DOES NOT translate at all to the 1st Civ Div.. And in fact is probably best kept from the civvies anyways because they can easily misconstrue the SS runes for exactly what they are instead of what they stand for for the Marine Scout Snipers.

My source: 6 Years in 0311 3/3 K Co, 1/3 A Co, 2/9 E Co.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimaererum
reply to post by Toffeeapple

Why are you trying to defend this symbolism?

The CORPS have stated this is not acceptable. Simple as.

Rember this is the same army that has members urinating on dead bodies.

I'm not, "Trying to defend this symbolism". There's a valid point and a valid question in my post. Please don't attempt to twist that into defence of urinating on corpses etc.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join