It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone know why outer space looks green now? Video

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I've noticed lately that on the ISS cam, where space used to look black, it now looks dark green. Is this a camera effect or what? I have watched it a very long time and never seen this until recently. Anyone know? The video starts out slow but wait and you'll see what I mean. It is the orbital sunrise, so you can see the "darkness" is green....then when the earth is light you can really see the space around it is green instead of black. Just curious....like I said, be patient for the sunrise to develope to see what I mean....the contrast of the blue Earth and the green around it is awesome! Also you really need to see it in full screen to appreciate.

edit on 2/9/2012 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/9/2012 by StealthyKat because: added content

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Well, it isn't space, it's earth. And it could have been a filter they were using. I don't have any information to go on.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Probably an effect from the camera but I am by no means an expert. Could also be this supposed cloud that our solar system is going through currently.

Here is a thread about it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...&flagit=529019

edit on 9/2/12 by usmc0311 because: poor grammer

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Outer space isnt feeling well. I need to bring him some soup

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
They could have inadvertantly changed the white balance on the camera......

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Illustronic

I'm talking about space, not the Earth....the area around the Earth. Watch till the end....I mean the area surrounding the Earth (underneath)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

That's what I was thinking, it could be the camera itself. But it has been this way for a few weeks now, which is why I decided to ask the brilliant minds here

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by LongbottomLeaf

Good one!

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Imagewerx

Ohhh ok! That is a posssibility. I noticed too that the camera cuts in and out a lot lately...soooo. it very well could be a camera defect. You would think that if they can reach the outer reaches of space, they could maintain a camera huh?
So that's one possibility.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

The problem with digital cameras can be colour balance.
Did you know there are hundreds of shades of black
Black is a mix of Red Blue and Yellow in various proportions.
It looks like the colur balance is toward Blue Yellow to make this appear more black more Red is needed and possibly less Yellow.
You could crop out a frame and copy the pic and put it into a photo software programme and you could adjust it to appear more black

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by LongbottomLeaf

Outerspace would probably feel even better if you brought him longbottomleaf!

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
The green is the "Northern Lights" from the solar storm currently hitting the earth.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

There's supposedly a dark cloud that's moving into our solar system, the picture could be tinted by the clouds coloring.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I just starred the person that suggested it could be white balance related , because that is the most plausible explanation .

O.P . How dare you show an interest in the ISS without owning an ounce of common sense !

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
You have blue reflection from the Earth and yellow light from the sun. Yellow and blue make green.

2nd line.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
We are entering an interstellar energy cloud that is causing the beams of energy to shoot out of the tops of pyramids and causes the worldwide "sounds of the apocalypse".

Now the eminent astrophysicist, Alexey Demetriev claims what is happening is worse—much worse—than NASA and the ESA's warnings.

Dr. Demetriev has revealed that both Voyager 1 and Voyager 2 probes reported the entire solar system is at risk. Worse, Merav Opher, a NASA Heliophysics Guest Investigator from George Mason University claims this interstellar energy cloud is unstable and turbulent.

The Russian scientist further asserts this photonic cloud of energy is exciting the atmospheres of the planets and especially our sun. As this interstellar energy cloud continues to excite and interact with the sun, it causes the sun to become more active, resulting in greater output and instability.

The magnetic flux, interaction with the solar magnetosphere and Earth's geomagnetic fields, can cause core mutations, anomalous field vortices, and polar magnetic permutations creating superstorms, wild weather swings, and—most amazing of all—atmospheric and subterranean harmonics capable of being heard all across the planet.

Check out this article as it explains it well (with pics).
World Pyramids Beaming Energy to Mysterious Space Cloud!

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   

The following information is paramount and should not be taken lightly. The alarming news was aired July 14, 2010 which now explains why NASA, along with The National Academy of Science and other world renowned scientist are all very concerned about the coming 2012-2013 solar maximum. On March 10th 2006 NASA issued a solar storm warning for 2012 but omitted telling the general population as to why the warning in their report. Then in June of 2010, NASA once again warns the world population, but this time around, NASA warns the world community to get ready for a once in a life time solar storm. Other news agencies and websites like this one are reporting on the developing story, however no high government official has stuck their neck out to make an official announcement about the catastrophic implications on a global scale as to allow the general population to prepare!

The scientific data revealed by Alexei Dmitriev further supports NASA's original 2012 solar storm warning issued in 2006.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I just saw on the news that the ISS was catching images of the aurora.
That could explain the green tint....

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Someone's gotta look out for outer space might as well be me. Hobbits get all the daunting tasks......

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Rexamus

Thats a given it goes where I go

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join