It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News to Cut "The Judge". No More "Freedom Watch" Come Feb 20th. I Think We All Know Why.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by MegaMind

Originally posted by MrWendal
reply to post by Wookiep

You realize FOX canceled their entire evening line up right? Not just the Judge, but every single show. Not much of a Conspiracy here, just a matter of simple ratings.

Oh yeah Glenn Beck, the Judge and Lou Dobbs all just casualties of ratings ....

No one is trying to control a message to the public ...

Nothing to see here move along ....

-------------------------

BTW I have a bridge I'm selling that you may be interested in ...

edit on 10-2-2012 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-2-2012 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

#1, Well have you seen the rating numbers?

Last year the channel had an average of 54,000 total viewers in prime time, placing it in the bottom tier of all cable channels rated by Nielsen. The leading business news channel, CNBC, had an average of 228,000 viewers in prime time.

#2. The Judge is not the only one canceled. The FOX Business Network (not your usual FOX News channel but a specialty channel) canceled their entire nightly line up from 8pm to 11pm. The Judge was not a 4 hour show. They also canceled "Power & Money" with Dave Asman and "Follow the Money" with Eric Bolling.

#3. I notice you mention Lou Dobbs like this is some grand conspiracy to silence people. If this were true, how does this information fit into your ideas.

Once the changes announced on Thursday take effect on Feb. 20, the shows featuring Gerri Willis, Neil Cavuto and Lou Dobbs at 5, 6 and 7 p.m. will be queued up again starting at 8.

#4. Although I agree there is plenty to be curious about in regards to Media in the US, not everything is a conspiracy. Sometimes, it's just a business and TV is a business like any other.

Source- NY Times

edit to add: You can keep your bridge lol
edit on 10-2-2012 by MrWendal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I am truly sad to see the Judge go! Aside from RP, he touched on many issues that were important for people to hear.

Some people will lambaste me for this, but this is the same thing they did to Keith Olbermann. He had a great run on MSNBC and I'm glad he is still around on that new channel Current.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep
reply to post by 2manyquestions

I hope another network does pick him up, but I would be very surprised to see him have his own show before November. I just don't see that happening.

Maybe MSNDC can cut the comedy hour & put him in Al (not-so) Sharp'ton's place. It would improve their ratings for sure.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by Still

I don't see any problem complaining that they are taking a show you like off the air. As long as you are convincing them rather than trying to force them.

How would you "convince" a television channel to keep a money losing show on the air?
Either you get more people to watch it and make it profitable or you say goodbye. What good will complaining to FOX do?

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by L00kingGlass
Alright, now I'm just getting angry. These people hate freedom, and they're going on an all out assault on our internet and media, which draw our attention away from the msm talking heads. It's obvious that tptb have declared war on us.

edit on 10-2-2012 by L00kingGlass because: (no reason given)

Fox made a decision about how Fox operates and that is evidence they hate freedom? Please suggest the alternative? Forcing Fox to do business the way you want them to? Is that more freedom?

I thought you Republicans were all about freedom and deregulation. Why do you all cry so much and so loud whenever a private business makes a business decision you guys don't like?

This is freedom. Fox has the freedom to air what Fox wants to air, not what you want to watch.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
A show dead last in the ratings gets cut? This has to be because of Ron Paul. What else could make more sense then a TV show nobody watched being cut for supporting a canidate nobody is voting for?

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   

The Judge was the only TRUE reporter on the news and defender of liberty!

Is this a joke? If you want real reporting watch Bill Moyers. (Is he still on the air?)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

I guess Bill O'Reilly Finally Cried Hard Enough to his Bosses about the Judge being responseable for the Falling Ratings of his Show " The Factor " , that they just had to do something about it . Make no Mistake , the Judge HAD To Go for the Good of Corporate Disinfo Network , and Yes, the Judges Friendly ties to Ron Paul had Alot to do about their decision too .

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
thats ashame his show is the only one iliked, to watch. ats should give him a show now that would be cool

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by blasphemusbudda
thats ashame his show is the only one iliked, to watch. ats should give him a show now that would be cool

Ha, now there's an idea! Springer and Skeptic should hunt him down for a radio slot or something, he would be well received here.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
reply to post by mkultracanuck

I always found the Beck thing interesting since he talked about the exact same conspiracies and issues that are discussed here. I think the fact he was neither Republican nor Democrat is what lead to his leaving. Oddly enough the stuff he said about Obama always checked out. I imagine Obama supporters did him in. It's a shame how people only believe in Free Speech for themselves while wanting to deny it to anyone who does not agree with them.

I think I watched maybe four or five of his daily shows and what he said on those days was factually accurate. Far more accurate than anything coming out of the Obama Administration. I just figured Obama and his flunkies found a way to get rid of him. Oddly enough the bad stuff I saw about him came from the most dishonest places on the whole Internet; Move On, the Daily Koss and Huffington. The whole country would be better off if they disappeared. Beck was a flash in the pan but those sites are doing a lot of damage with their propaganda machine.

On topic-

I see that Napalitano was one of three being cancelled, but they were careful to mention he will still be on both of their news networks. This looks more like a marketing thing to boost ratings to me. Not everything is a conspiracy.

Blaine91555, Beck was removed from Fox shortly after discussing the Fed on air. It amazed me that program aired at all.

I didn't agree with everything Beck pushed on his Fox TV show (I'm not Mormon or Christian for one thing), but he opened the eyes of millions of people to ideas they had never before considered. And that was a good thing. (I don't think the majority of Americans hang out on ATS.)

Beck works for a branch of Clear Communications (run by a former Israeli Army Intelligence Officer) and is pro-Zionist, as is Limbaugh. Is Beck a shill for TPTB or simply a useful idiot to them? I'm more apt to think he is the latter. Occasionally he oversteps his bounds (like the program on the Fed) and has to be reined in.

Some ATS-ers (probably Obama-ites) start foaming at the mouth when Glenn Beck is mentioned -- no chance of any rational discussion.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Still

Alright, now I'm just getting angry. These people hate freedom, and they're going on an all out assault on our internet and media, which draw our attention away from the msm talking heads. It's obvious that tptb have declared war on us.

edit on 10-2-2012 by L00kingGlass because: (no reason given)

Fox made a decision about how Fox operates and that is evidence they hate freedom? Please suggest the alternative? Forcing Fox to do business the way you want them to? Is that more freedom?

I thought you Republicans were all about freedom and deregulation. Why do you all cry so much and so loud whenever a private business makes a business decision you guys don't like?

This is freedom. Fox has the freedom to air what Fox wants to air, not what you want to watch.

I wasn't talking about Fox News...

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   

reply to post by Still

I don't see any problem complaining that they are taking a show you like off the air. As long as you are convincing them rather than trying to force them.

How would you "convince" a television channel to keep a money losing show on the air?
Either you get more people to watch it and make it profitable or you say goodbye. What good will complaining to FOX do?

That is the problem. The "news' as delivered through the popular media has become just another entertainment channel. It is no longer "news" in the sense it used to be. The so-called "news" purveyors compete for ratings and advertising dollars with all the other low brow entertainment offerings. The "news" is afraid to be honest, controversial, intellectual, informative, or present content that challenges the status quo. It is largely delivered in 5 minute segments between commercial breaks for fear that the viewers' attention span be taxed to the breaking point and fall asleep before the next commercial begins or, even worse, switch channels. News as information that people can trust and use to make sound decisions is dead.
edit on 2/11/2012 by dubiousone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   

I wasn't talking about Fox News...

Then who are you talking about?
I am going to need it to make sense. The people that pulled the plug on the judge are Fox. Who are you talking about? You think Obama cancelled the judge?

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zanti Misfit
reply to post by Wookiep

I guess Bill O'Reilly Finally Cried Hard Enough to his Bosses about the Judge being responseable for the Falling Ratings of his Show " The Factor " , that they just had to do something about it . Make no Mistake , the Judge HAD To Go for the Good of Corporate Disinfo Network , and Yes, the Judges Friendly ties to Ron Paul had Alot to do about their decision too .

It is this kind of detatchment from reality that makes Ron Paul supporters seems a bit off.
Anyone can just go look at the ratings and see that the judge was losing to Oreilly and yet you just make up this entire theory based on nothing and state it as a proven fact.

That is not how reality works.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by dubiousone

reply to post by Still

That is the problem. The "news' as delivered through the popular media has become just another entertainment channel. It is no longer "news" in the sense it used to be. The so-called "news" purveyors compete for ratings and advertising dollars with all the other low brow entertainment offerings. The "news" is afraid to be honest, controversial, intellectual, informative, or present content that challenges the status quo. It is largely delivered in 5 minute segments between commercial breaks for fear that the viewers' attention span be taxed to the breaking point and fall asleep before the next commercial begins or, even worse, switch channels. News as information that people can trust and use to make sound decisions is dead.
edit on 2/11/2012 by dubiousone because: (no reason given)

I am not sure how this response applies to the question I posed.
Perhaps you replied to the wrong post?

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   
NO WAY....

watch fax naws ratings go down.

i have a feeling that to only reason they did this was to figure out where the ratings went down, to see where they have a weaker hold on peoples opinions.

meaning they will now know better where the people that "don't like them" are.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
The Judge simply got too close to the truth for the power elites to keep him on the air. He exposed the fact that 17 of the last 20 terror plots in the US since 9/11 were inside jobs by the government. He heavily exposed the NDAA and the unconstitutional police state, more than any other TV personality. He is a Ron Paul supporter. And he immensely covered the fact that federal elections for president and congress no longer matter because the agenda from previous administrations continues over to future administrations.

Darn. I'm going to email him and see if he'd consider doing a web based broadcast. In fact, out of any media person out there, I'd even pay a subscription if he did a nightly online broadcast.
edit on 11-2-2012 by Drew99GT because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Still

Quote ......." Freedom Watch was one of the TOP RATED Shows on FOX News Channel " .............

www.youtube.com...#!

Seems you have been Mistaken , care to Explain ? ........

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

A frank and direct Q&A session here with Rummy probably didn't help the show either, too much truth?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join