It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Universe to Quantum Foam

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
A new interactive infographic called "The Scale of the Universe" offers at look at exactly how daunting this question actually is to answer.
Cary Huang is the creator of this 2D representation of, well, everything we know to exist. From quantum foam to galaxies on edges of the known universe, the infographic displays every image with approximate scaling comparisons to give you a sense of size (and awe).

Huang released the first non-interactive version of this infographic back in 2010. The new 2012 version features new graphics, animations, and interactive information.

Enjoy!

And HERE is the link to the flash version. Have fun

edit on 9-2-2012 by Hithe Merinos because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Hithe Merinos

question: if all the universe is composed of a "quantum foam" of possible atoms, then what changes the "quantum foam" into the gross-material world of physical "laws" that we see in our bodies, planet, solar system, and galaxy?

answer: (mass) consciousness collapsing the wave-function possibilities of their (collective) choice.

God, I love quantum physics. it is the beginning of the end...which bridges science with spirituality.

edit on 2/9/12 by metalshredmetal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by metalshredmetal

Those double-slit experiments always blow my mind.

Especially how the behavior of the particles will change when any observer is involved - and that includes cameras somehow. Crazy stuff!

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

This is awesome, thank you so much. I emailed the video to my "quantum" son, but he already had it. He mailed back the 2012 version.

Great post!

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by metalshredmetal

question: if all the universe is composed of a "quantum foam" of possible atoms, then what changes the "quantum foam" into the gross-material world of physical "laws" that we see in our bodies, planet, solar system, and galaxy?

answer: (mass) consciousness collapsing the wave-function possibilities of their (collective) choice.

God, I love quantum physics. it is the beginning of the end...which bridges science with spirituality.

Your post made me think of the question - If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around does it make a sound? Maybe the question should be - If there is no one around, is the tree even there at all?

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpiritOf78

Originally posted by metalshredmetal

Your post made me think of the question - If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around does it make a sound? Maybe the question should be - If there is no one around, is the tree even there at all?

yep that's basically the quantum conundrum. that idea is also called 'Schrodinger's Cat". it also has a lot to do with the uncertainty principle.

Schrödinger's cat is a thought experiment, usually described as a paradox, devised by Austrian physicist Erwin Schrödinger in 1935. It illustrates what he saw as the problem of the Copenhagen interpretation of quantum mechanics applied to everyday objects. The scenario presents a cat that might be alive or dead, depending on an earlier random event. Although the original "experiment" was imaginary, similar principles have been researched and used in practical applications. The Cat paradox is also often featured in theoretical discussions of the interpretation of quantum mechanics. In the course of developing this experiment, Schrödinger coined the term Verschränkung (entanglement).

Schrödinger's Cat: A cat, along with a flask containing a poison and a radioactive source, is placed in a sealed box. If an internal Geiger counter detects radiation, the flask is shattered, releasing the poison that kills the cat. The Copenhagen interpretation of quantum mechanics implies that after a while, the cat is simultaneously alive and dead. Yet, when we look in the box, we see the cat either alive or dead, not both alive and dead.

its basically saying that not only atoms (and trees) but Events also only exist as possibilities until consciousness interacts and collapses one possibility into existence.

Now....think of a universe of parallel dimensions....where every parallel dimension exists as a different and unique quality of emotions....now imagine....that if you were to CHANGE your mind into a more loving state....then your God-consciousness chooses to exist in a more loving universe....and your consciousness collapses the wave-function POSSIBILITIES of YOUR choice, and you begin to manifest in a parallel dimension which suits your consciousness' needs: more love.

i believe this is our reality. When Ghandi said: "BE THE CHANGE you want to see in the world", he meant that REAL change start on the INSIDE, and not outside/"out there" in the world.

once we begin to BE the change & consciously CHANGE our minds, then our consciousness recognizes this will to change, and begins to construct a future more on your desired wavelength...

we're constantly choosing our own future, mostly without even realizing it.

my signature poem comes to great use here, it was written by Jane Roberts, the channel for "Seth":

"What magicians we all are turning darkness into light
transforming invisible atoms into the dazzling theater of the world
pulling objects (people as well as rabbits) out of secret microscopic closets
turning winter into summer
making a palmful of moments disappear through times trap door.

We learned the methods so long ago that theyre unconscious
and weve hypnotized ourselves into believing that were the audience
so I wonder where we served our apprenticeship.
Under what master magicians did we learn to form reality so smoothly
that we forgot to tell ourselves the secret?"

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Thank you very much for sharing!
The scale of the cosmic to the subatomic is amazing. And to consider that we can "zoom in" and "zoom out" from any point in existence. It gives us an incredible clarity to conceptualize 'infinity'.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Amazing site, really is mind blowing... Wonder how long that took to make, the animations are elementary but hey it gets the point accross... Outrageous.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I love animations like these. Here is another amazing one illustrating the same thing. This animation was created using realtime software developed for planetariums - I recommend watching this in HD if you are able to:

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I just went through it from smallest to largest and it is truly amazing. Thank you for posting it. S&F

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
The flash version of this is awesome....

Funny thing is just past where you'll find earth... you'll find "a minecraft world"

I knew the game was big.... but damn!

S&F

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I was going to post this in a new thread but it is a better fit here.

The universe in six steps in a single picture...

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Mindblowing stuff! But I wonder who measured the size of quarks and neutrinos. What are those estimates based on?

top topics

join