It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Quest for the Comfortable Handgun

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   
HK P30L feels the best to me. Quality weapon. Light, durable, easy to strip, and customizable to what feels best to the contours of your hand. That's just my opinion though.

ETA: Here's kind of a little overview on it if you're interested.

edit on 2-13-12 by reaxi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by reaxi0n
HK P30L feels the best to me. Quality weapon. Light, durable, easy to strip, and customizable to what feels best to the contours of your hand. That's just my opinion though.

ETA: Here's kind of a little overview on it if you're interested.

Thank You reaxi0n! I watched the video and the HK P30L seems to be pretty light weight. The reviews look good also. It seemed like it was pretty easy to field strip and clean.

Do you have one? How is it to fire? How is the recoil?

Thanks again!

IWOH

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by IwasOnceHappy

No problem bud.
Yes I have one. It's one of my favorite hand guns. The recoil isn't bad at all. Just as with any weapon it takes a few rounds of shooting to get used to. I found this video for you of a guy shooting it so you can see the recoil.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

No problem bud.
Yes I have one. It's one of my favorite hand guns. The recoil isn't bad at all. Just as with any weapon it takes a few rounds of shooting to get used to. I found this video for you of a guy shooting it so you can see the recoil.

Very Nice, thank you. Did you need to change the backstrap or the front to fit your hand and grip more comfortably?

IWOH

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Just a hint for your wife, if she gets good enough with a gun to be a comfortable shooting all the time, a 22 really is a good idea.
Im a smaller female with delicate
hands, I shoot a sig 22, and Love It, low recoil, fits small hands very well, feels like an extension of my fingers. She might try one, you never know
And remember, you can kill a guy with a 22 just as easily as with a 9mm

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by IwasOnceHappy

No problem bud.

Very Nice, thank you. Did you need to change the backstrap or the front to fit your hand and grip more comfortably?

IWOH

Not at all. The front is pretty much universal to everyone's hand, but the backstrap can easily be popped off and changed to accommodate someone with smaller hands. I have the set like the guy in the first video, and if you decide to buy the p30L I would advise doing the same thing so you don't have to run out and buy another backstrap, and you already have it just in case.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I own a Glock 19 and a Walther .40 PPS slim line. I bought the Walther because it is more comfortable than the Glock. I personally love my Glock 19 but it is a brick! lol...great range weapon, great for the home but doesn't fit my frame for concealed carry. I used to carry the Glock 26, and although it was shorter, it was still a brick to carry. Now I use my Walther for concealed carry.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rossa

Just a hint for your wife, if she gets good enough with a gun to be a comfortable shooting all the time, a 22 really is a good idea.
hands, I shoot a sig 22, and Love It, low recoil, fits small hands very well, feels like an extension of my fingers. She might try one, you never know

Thanks for the reply Rossa! I think she is getting more comfortable now. She wants to attend the CCDW class and learn more. I was going to travel to the Knob range, but that turned out to be an hour and a half travel. I found a couple ranges in the opposite direction (east) that are closer and will let us fire different handguns. We are going to go to the range (the close one) Wednesday, then I think we will travel on the weekend east and go to the other ones to test. I would like her to get the one she feels comfortable with.
Thank you for the suggestion!

IWOH

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic911

I own a Glock 19 and a Walther .40 PPS slim line. I bought the Walther because it is more comfortable than the Glock. I personally love my Glock 19 but it is a brick! lol...great range weapon, great for the home but doesn't fit my frame for concealed carry. I used to carry the Glock 26, and although it was shorter, it was still a brick to carry. Now I use my Walther for concealed carry.

Thanks for the reply Cosmic911!

The range did have a Glock, it was a compact one, but I did not get the model, keep beating myself over the head. I will find out Wednesday what it was. The instructor had a Glock, and I do see your point, it is a bit large for conceal carry. Now I have not come across the Walther, I will go look at that.

Thanks,

IWOH

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Not at all. The front is pretty much universal to everyone's hand, but the backstrap can easily be popped off and changed to accommodate someone with smaller hands. I have the set like the guy in the first video, and if you decide to buy the p30L I would advise doing the same thing so you don't have to run out and buy another backstrap, and you already have it just in case.

Cool man. Thanks for all the information! I have much more reading to do now.

IWOH

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rossa

Just a little update after a bit of time. My wife has adjusted more to having a gun in the house. She likes to go to the range with me (now it is our time to spend together). We looked at a couple types of guns for her, but she stated that she wanted to stay with a 9mm, so after shooting a few, she chose the Taurus Slim (holds 7 in a slim magazine). We found a gun shop only 25 minutes from us that you can go in and test fire different pistols before you decide a type to buy.

She still has issues field stripping the slide off of it, but is getting better. I won't lie, I even have issues field stripping that gun. But all in all, she likes it and it fires how she likes.

I think, after shooting a few, I will be going after the Springfield XDM. Need to save the money now, but I think I do like it and the way it feels.

Oh, here is one for you. I get a biometric safe, made from Viking. So I receive it and the reader casing looks a little scratched on the side, not the actual reader itself. I program in my hands and it will read correctly and open about every 5th time. I spent alot of time looking at this product and this made me quite unhappy as it should open every time, or at least every 2nd time.

So I contact the company and the lady on the phone states that if I am over 50, it will not read right as any biometric device will have trouble reading fingerprints if your over 50. I am not 50 yet but I ask her why this is so, she explains to me that once you hit 50 years old, your fingerprints start to disappear and rub off. I was like, um excuse me? She said she tried to put it in the specifications online but it kept being removed.

So to make a long one short, lets just say that the safe is returned and we are looking for another safe.

IWOH

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   

I own a ruger sp101 .357 5 shot revolver and a charter arms
.38 special also a 5 shot revolver.I carry the .38 in my purse
and have the .357 by my bed.I like revolvers because you keep
your brass after you shoot.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join