It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook details bonuses for Zuckerberg, executives

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Wow.....a billion dollars for each year he has been alive basically.....not bad. Wonder what he will do with all that? Will he take a backseat or will he continue to push the Facebook envelope with new ideas?

Facebook Details bonuses.....

Got billions? The forthcoming IPO by social-networking powerhouse Facebook could net founder Mark Zuckerberg as much as $28 billion. But that’s just the beginning of the 27-year-old tech leader’s fortunes.

edit on 2/9/12 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
If you wanna get rich, just sell personal information to corporations!

This is why Jews have a bad name.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

I still say this is the most over priced IPO ... ever...

But people thought Google was over priced too .. The sheer size though, for a website .. it's insane.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

this is gonna make a lot folk very rich.

but i reckon in about another 12months this will be the biggest bubble to burst and a lotta lotta folks will be left with worthless shares scratching their heads wondering what the hell happened.

tread carefully.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ssupp
If you wanna get rich, just sell personal information to corporations!

This is why Jews have a bad name.

Ummm....wow.....a bit of a strong racial remark for this post....maybe take your mentality and ideals somewhere else.

So...anyone have something that IS on topic to say?

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I've seen a lot of talk about this IPO stuff, and the potential money coming to the founders/investors and one thing I don't see much of is outrage. How in the blue hell can a site like facebook be worth 28 billion dollars? Is this simply from selling personal information? (this post will probably show my ignorance on the subject)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
The basic fact is that Facebook itself is worth nothing, it is the information fed into it from it's users that is so valuable. I do realize Facebook has become an effective tool in organizing movements such as Arab Spring and Occupy. If anyone really wants to send a message to the corporate world, get everyone willing to close their Facebook accounts the day before trading starts.

I'd like to see it as an experiment, if enough people do it then the markets should react accordingly. Essentially Zuckberg is going to make billions from OUR information, doesn't quite seem right does it? Now all we need is a catchy name for event... any ideas?

I got one.. how about 'Faceplant'

edit on 9-2-2012 by fenceSitter because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
That doesnt surprise me at all ..

Can i put a link in this thread ?
Biggest Conspiracy of 2012 : FACEBOOK ... It is time you close your account

It would fit perfectly

edit on 2/9/2012 by Ben81 because: S&F

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Daemonicon

It's not worth $28 billion...

It's worth $100 billion

The only thing that gives a company worth is it's ability to earn money. Apparently Facebook earns money .. they claims through advertising and facebook games. Personally I don't see that making much sense at all .. clearly there are other sources of revenue that will be revealed when they are actually a public company (such as the sale of private information, and Government contracts for black opp programs that many other companies, like Google and Microsoft, use)..

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by Daemonicon

It's not worth $28 billion...

It's worth $100 billion

....I no longer want to live on this planet. That just makes me want to.....I'd rather not say.

top topics

join