It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 People Whose Warnings Went Unheeded

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
In a room full of prophets, truth can be lost in the chatter.

ATS is perfect example of this. Who amongst those posting threads about disclosure, collapse and disaster will be the prophet when all others were false?

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
unbelievable, i thought we were screwed, but now i know we are truly at the point of no return.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Jesse's Cafe Americain ( jessescrossroadscafe.blogspot.com...) is a website put together by a guy with a lot of class. He is very well-read and full of knowledge that he freely dispenses as he earnestly believes everyone should have it. A week or more ago he put out a series of articles in memory of a young German woman named Sophie Scholl who, with her brother and a friend, in 1943 composed a letter of protest against the Nazi government that they distributed throughout a Munich university. The quote and letter are too much to quote here but the link to Jesse's posting on this is here:

The White Rose

They were caught, tried and executed by guiotine. The executions occurred on the same day as the trial instead of waiting the customary 90+ days after conviction. If you look for Sophie Scholl or The White Rose on YouTube you will find exerpts from the movie (in German, some have subtitles) that was made about her. It is a very sad comment on the German people of the time and reflects the utter hopelessness that those who were aware of the implications of the dictatorial rule of the Nazis were facing. They knew it would bring destruction on Germany but the fanaticism of the time overruled all dissent.

Sophie and her brother deserve a place on this list of those who stuck their necks out - litterally - to warn about and condemn the stupidity and arrogance that winds up killing people.

Jesse quotes Charles Upton: "... "This is why true evil always exhibits a tell-tale mixture of diabolical cunning and immense stupidity." It only imitates and steals its forms from true being, but remains a souless and non-productive aberration of genuine life."

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Number 1: Ron Paul.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

I was going to suggest Roger Boisjoly if you didn't; LINK

Morton Thiokol in particular was told not to launch the shuttle in cold weather. But he wanted Reagan to be able to talk to astronauts live during the State of the Union address. I suppose, looking Presidential was more important than BEING Presidential.

>> I still remember the day I saw the explosion -- I was in a Dorm at my University. I thought about it for about 30 seconds noticing the spray of flaw around the booster, and considered the cold air of that morning. My first guess (no kidding) was; "I think it's the O-Ring that joins the rocket stages together."

Sometimes I flash like that, and the answer just fits... I'm sure that it the "dog and pony show" to discover what went wrong was a bit like "oh crap, we can't let anyone find out we were warned -- ridicule Roger immediately!" Kind of like how the Bush administration didn't know what was going on 9/11/2001, but they could IMMEDIATELY tell everyone whose fault it was and look surprised that it happened.

...anyway -- great List OP!

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
The John O' Neil story was worth the read and will be looking into this man more

I agree. This is why I love the internet.

Instead of having to run down to the local library or book store, there is now so much information at our fingertips

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Thanks for the info. I don't care if it's copy/pasted from somewhere else. It was a good read and the OP didn't steal credit for it.

That story about the dam... reminds me how in my town our storm sirens go off all the time. A tornado could be 100 miles away and it goes off. Or just a little rotation on the doppler and it goes off. The monthly test even has the message "tornado warning, take shelter!" instead of properly indicating that it's a test. Most everyone just ignores the damn thing. One of these days a real tornado is gonna kill a few people who didn't take shelter due to all these years of "crying wolf" by whoever runs the storm sirens.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
The link is here guys:

10 People Whos Warning Went Unheeded

I was going to link it to the first page but i cant...sorry guys

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
The simple problem at hand is this:

On one person speaking out a valid warning will come a gazillion brain-acrobats who scream fire when there never was one and never will be one.

It's a hopeless endeavour to try separating the chaff from the wheat. Actually I think this is how "COINTELPRO" works in the age if the interwebz. Just create so much information noise that the few jewels of truth and the few real whistleblowers can't be made out anymore.

edit on 10-2-2012 by H1ght3chHippie because: typo

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
A very interesting list. One name that I think should have made the list was none other then Ross Perot. I find it interesting that when he stood up and told the politicians and the people of the US, that if they go forward with NAFTA and the global trade agreements, that there would eventually be a giant sucking sound and that would be our jobs going down south and overseas, everyone in politics and the media, laughed at him, mocked his appearance, his voice and even made him look like some crazy nut job. Well, looking at the state of the US economy today, he doesn't look crazy to me and in fact I would say downright prophetic.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by n00bUK
Hi guys, thanks for the replies - all appreciated. I was going to add an end comment but i never had the time, it was pretty late last night and my lady was complaining about me been on the comp, lol.

Id like to ask a mod why i have received a warning for this thread? DontTreadOnMe has given me various warnings before, but this one maybe a little uncalled for? i also received an applause for this so it kind of contradicts.

The "Applause" is purely an automatic function of the site when you get enough stars.

Also, for someone with as many posts as you have, you should know the rules by now!
Furthermore, another of your threads is ANOTHER complete rip-off from the listverse site again! This is also breaking the T&C's of ATS. Your lucky you just got the warning to be honest, because this is the second time you've tried this!
see here --> Your Other Top 10 Thread

edit on 11-2-2012 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Deleted
edit on 11-2-2012 by Only1King because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

Your copy and pasted effort is appreciated (sarcasm). Thank you for now steering people in the wrong direction. Thank you for blanketing those fully responsible by giving scapegoats to the misguided truth seekers. Thank you for providing a bucket of sand to the beach of ignorance. Thank you for wasting 10 mins of my time to this truth bending filth; that which I might add, will only lead the intellectually weaker population away from what needs to be known. Thank you OP for absolutely nothing. Atleast your popular now amongst the truth deprived and misinformed. I really hope this was not your iniative..

Peace.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Only1King
reply to post by n00bUK

Your copy and pasted effort is appreciated (sarcasm). Thank you for now steering people in the wrong direction. Thank you for blanketing those fully responsible by giving scapegoats to the misguided truth seekers. Thank you for providing a bucket of sand to the beach of ignorance. Thank you for wasting 10 mins of my time to this truth bending filth; that which I might add, will only lead the intellectually weaker population away from what needs to be known. Thank you OP for absolutely nothing. Atleast your popular now amongst the truth deprived and misinformed. I really hope this was not your iniative..

Peace.

Because I pinned you down and forced you to read my thread?

Go away.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Qumulys

Jealous much?
What childish behavior from you! Are you the new soup Nazi of ATS? Poor little fella, you need some attention too?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join