It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just found out my Dad was a Freemason apprentice

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by josephamccoy

I think you can hire almost any free mason hall for functions. My prom was in a free mason hall.
They probably just blow that money on booze at the next meeting.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by TheGreatest

My grandpa is a 33rd degree grand master which is apparently as high as their rank structure gets. I never talk to him about it though. I should.

I can also tell you that from what I understand free masons love to get wasted. This man drinks from sun up to sun down.
edit on 9-2-2012 by DevilDog0311 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by DevilDog0311
I can also tell you that from what I understand free masons love to get wasted. This man drinks from sun up to sun down.

Is he from New Jersey?

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by DevilDog0311

Come now we are not all alcoholics.
Though how many times after lodge meeting, which usually end around 9pm, I've gone to the bar .. only to end up passing out at 6am on the couch of someones house after throwing a spontaneous party. Oh.. maybe that's why the wives I know don't like us muahahaha. The lodge probably holds the record for number of call offs on Wednesdays. We find any excuse, most not even related to Masonry to throw parties.. it's what friends do, no?

But there are also some lodges that do not partake in anything even remotely close to that. It depends entirely on the lodge. My lodge for instance is a very, very young lodge .. average age about 30, most of us in the 25 range.
edit on 2/9/2012 by Rockpuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

Hes from Indiana

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheGreatest
He was telling me about his initiation, and this is the first time i've heard about it. He mentioned that it is just like a big gentleman's club where people go and get plastered on meetings. He was telling me about the secret handshake he had to do which was fascinating but all in all being just an apprentice he wasn't told a great deal.

Anyone else had any family members keep freemasonry membership a secret? or does anyone have any questions they want me to ask my Dad? (Bear in mind he was only an apprentice and left nearly 25 years ago.)
edit on 9-2-2012 by TheGreatest because: (no reason given)

If he told you about the secret handshake then he should be kicked out, because thats one of the two things you are absolutely forbidden to do.

If he opened his mouth about the handshake he should never have been invited into the brotherhood. Loose lips sink ships. What is his lodge number and name?

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hierophantesque
My deceased great-uncle was a mason, very interesting guy. He never talked about it to my knowledge, though it was mentioned in his obituary.

Did your father have an incentive to join? Was he recruited?

I'm not entirely sure how the application process works, so please forgive my ignorance.

You can show intereset but you have to be sponsored and invited by one of the brothers and you have to be a christian. Shriners and the Knights Templar are different.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Actually we can explain that we have modes of recognition but we can't show and tell what they are exactly except to other Masons.

Also, we don't invite people to join they must ask to join by submitting a petition which is voted by the members after an investigation. If the vote is positive, then the prospect is invited to attend their initiation.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Probably not the correct thread to pose that question, please excuse

edit on 10-2-2012 by ItsEvolutionBaby because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

God bless the Hospitality Suite of my Grand Lodge. It's kind of tough to go to the Lodge of Research meeting when your smashed.

reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

That's too bad he walked away after so much dedication.

reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Oh I wish we did. Most of the time we use rental funds for upkeep, particularly if it is an older building.

I wish I could make it to Lodge tomorrow night as it is our annual Sweethearts Dinner & Table Lodge where the Grand Master has given an edict for the use of liquor at the Table Lodge.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by DevilDog0311

My father was 2 months away from taking his turn at the head of Grand Lodge of Ireland when he passed away. nothing more sinister than a bit of networking and LOTS of drinking went on.

He did have a diary with a list of companies owned by lodge members at the back, sort of like a directory and true enough all he ever seemed to use was them if at all possible, he had his own company listed in there too.

Once he did suggest that the Masonic were behind the killing of the 'Popes Accountant' that time in London, but this could of been a joke as he was telling me about how thay had to be secretive.

But, as far as I am concerned the masonic is nothing but a private drinking club. Also from my personal experiences it is why I ignore all the conspiracy theories that try to involve the masonic..these guys are just normal people like the rest of us and when together usually too pissed to even consider taking over the World

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   
can he meet me and initiate me??

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by no1smootha

Can you tell me what I want to know I had a long conversation with a friend not to long ago pm me and I will explain with the question I have as I am not sure it belongs in the forum.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

not sure if i'm ready to be a mason! besides i'm already in a club that does a lot of drinking - the Glossop North End AFC supporters club! we have been dubbed "a drinking club with a football problem" (on several occasions we have drunk bars dry on FA vase away days). i'm not sure if i should be proud of that or not? probably not!

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
You can show intereset but you have to be sponsored and invited by one of the brothers and you have to be a christian. Shriners and the Knights Templar are different.

Sponsored, yes. Inivited, not allowed. Christian, not necessary.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exitt
reply to post by phantomjack

and what about women ? are we allowed to join 'the high moral gentleman's club' ?

Women can join our sister organization, Eastern Star

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by TheGreatest

Well, I guess I am guilty.

Upon my raising to the Master Mason degree, I came home and told my wife the horror story of "Betsy the Goat" that I had to have intercourse with while all of other brothers at the lodge took pictures.

I laughed for days....then had to tell her I was lying. LOL

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   

My deceased great-uncle was a mason, very interesting guy. He never talked about it to my knowledge, though it was mentioned in his obituary.

I'm not entirely sure how the application process works, so please forgive my ignorance.

You ABSOLUTELY DO NOT HAVE TO BE A CHRISTIAN! That is completely false.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by phantomjack

You ABSOLUTELY DO NOT HAVE TO BE A CHRISTIAN! That is completely false.

Not according to the lodge my brother just joined and the ones my dad and grandad are in. They will not take you if youre not christian.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

`You are either confusing the Commandery Orders , or they are members of some clandestine group or they (or you) are seriously misinformed . Your info says are from Arkansas , if they are members in a subordinate lodge of the Grand Lodge of Arkansas , then their lodge is MOST definitely NOT Christian only .
edit on 10-2-2012 by whenandwhere because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join