It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fate Of Humanity Was Sealed On July 16th 1945

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by isaac7777
I disagree. Nukes have/will prevent many wars. And no country is stupid enough to use them.

Are you sure about that? Most politician or at least the ones with the finger on the button don't seem terribly bright to me or even mentally stable.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I believe Nukes create a stalemate that has stabilized the world from the concept of Total war which characterized WW1 and WW2. Although we may be reminded from time to time of the devastation they can cause, I think in a way, they are similar to the American justification to the right to bear arms.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
The threat from nukes pales in comparison to the threat from biological weapons.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by blocula
What the hell have we done to ourselves?

I always found this fact intriguing 50 Facts About U.S. Nuclear Weapons

www.brookings.edu...
36. Number of U.S. nuclear tests in Nevada: 911

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

The main reason why two japanese cities were destroyed by a-bombs is vengeance for pearl harbor imo,especially knowing that we could have showed them a pre-arranged test detonation or two first...

How many american lives would have been saved if iwo jima,okinawa,the philippines and other places were not invaded towards the end of ww-2?

Those places did not "have" to be invaded because we could have waited until the atom bomb was completed, which was shortly after tens of thousands of americans were slaughtered liberating those places,which the a-bombs "would" have done for them and those designing and buliding the a-bombs already knew they were near completion...

On top of the living horror of knowing that we posess on "hair trigger alert" thousands of nuclear weapons that can annihilate an entire modern sized city and kill many millions of people in a few seconds is knowing that we live with the other living horror of knowing that the world is criss-crossed with deadly nuclear reactors and if just 10 of them were to rupture and spread their radioactivity simultaneously we would be in a world of pain and terror...

Whoever or whoevers initially gave the green light to move forward mass producing nuclear reactors all over the place must have been very well taken care of financially by the companies that were allowed to bulid them and for allowing those "hell waiting to be unleashed things" into our reality,we or a future generation "will pay" a terrible price for those peoples greed and thoughtlessness...

The terrible human cost when a nuclear reactor erupts or a nuclear bomb or missile is dropped near and or upon large populations of people far out weighs any perceived benefit they may seem to have,the cons far,far out weigh the pros that we are led to believe they posess by those who are responsible for putting us all in grave danger in the first place...

edit on 10-2-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
The threat from nukes pales in comparison to the threat from biological weapons.
Thats just simply not true.There never was and never will be any disease or biological weapon thats able to annihilate millons of people and crush an entire modern sized city in an instant like nuclear weapons are all too capable of doing...

The a-bombs of today are hundreds and thousands of times as powerful as those that were dropped on japan and just between russia and the usa there exists over 30,000 of them and think about that amount,are we insane or what?

Sooner or later,the brutal truth is going to awaken us back into reality and that hellishly terrible nuclear awakening will make 911 appear like 2 toddlers fighting in a sand box in comparison...

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   

I disagree. Nukes have/will prevent many wars. And no country is stupid enough to use them.
The prevention of wars that the posession of nuclear weapons seems to have caused is really only the uneasy calm before the inevitable nuclear superstorm and the incredibly insane amounts of nuclear weapons that the world produced and now posesses,the arsenals of mega-death,thanx to our hell bent nuclear arms race,is capable of wiping out most,perhaps even all of humanity many times over.We have put our own backs up against an ever more crumbling wall...

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by SayonaraJupiter

Originally posted by blocula
What the hell have we done to ourselves?

I always found this fact intriguing 50 Facts About U.S. Nuclear Weapons

www.brookings.edu...
36. Number of U.S. nuclear tests in Nevada: 911

Reading down that list you provided us in the link is like reading through the diary of a super wealthy and demented madman whos suffering from severe megalomania while posessed by demons...

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Elentarri

Are you sure about that? Most politician or at least the ones with the finger on the button don't seem terribly bright to me or even mentally stable.
Especially knowing that way more often than not in the greedy and materialistic usa anyways,the politicians with the best looks and the most money get voted for,which is a mind numbing reality and i cant understand how the majority of so called adults only judge people by what appears to be on their surfaces while refusing to act like and admit that who and whats within someone is what really matters and its thanx in large part to hollywood and the media warping everyones perceptions and expectations...

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
All the places they tested these bombs 40-50 years ago are they non livable for 100,000's of years??? thats what i dont get they have droped nukes to test them and seems like little effect of fallout or radiation left nowdays? or am i wrong?

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Modern nuclear weapons are not really any more powerful than older nuclear weapons - actually, the opposite is true. Generally, modern nukes are far weaker than past nukes. The Tsar Bomba was developed in the 50's and 60's and that was the most powerful nuke ever made (and tested).

Modern nukes are actually small scale tactical nuclear devices - aimed at troop or vehicle movements rather than destroying cities. The other reason these have been developed is because START doesn't aim to reduce small scale nukes, only large and mid scale nukes.

I understand the point of your OP and kind of agree but lets keep it realistic.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

On the flip side how far would Japan have gone if we did not invade them Islands, you do know they were Alaska Islands , do you not think they could have got in the west coast? play a war game or 2 and see just how far Japan could have gotten, you would be surprised, to give you an idea the war would not have ended till 1988 the east coats speaking German, the west coast and most of the pacific Japanese.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by blobby
All the places they tested these bombs 40-50 years ago are they non livable for 100,000's of years??? thats what i dont get they have droped nukes to test them and seems like little effect of fallout or radiation left nowdays? or am i wrong?
I see a lot of "human" genetic mutations walking around everytime i go into a shopping mall and so welcome to the world of morons,psychopaths and mental defectives,are they the result of prolonged,widespread and hushed up radioactive fallout?

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
With all the nukes in the world you know it's only a matter of time before someone uses one. 90% of the animals that have lived on this planet have gone extrinct. Mankind is next and it will be of our own doing. I watch the news and the amount of ignorance in the world is overwelming. With that many stupid people mathmatically the odds aren't on our side.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Todays Headlines...Iran to reveal new nuclear achievements...

In other words...what those headlines are really saying...

Iran is about to bring the world one step closer to doomsday...

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by bekod
reply to post by blocula

On the flip side how far would Japan have gone if we did not invade them Islands, you do know they were Alaska Islands , do you not think they could have got in the west coast? play a war game or 2 and see just how far Japan could have gotten, you would be surprised, to give you an idea the war would not have ended till 1988 the east coats speaking German, the west coast and most of the pacific Japanese.

I only mentioned the islands and places the allies invaded and died for in their tens of thousands long after the nuclear bomb program was underway and almost near completion,those places like the phillipines, okinawa,iwo jima and burma were invaded after the scientists and technicians working on the a-bomb knew it was about to be finished...

And the usa was escalating its 500 - 1000+ bomber air raids all across japan even after the a-bomb was tested and even after both atom bombs were dropped and those terror raids needlessly killed around another million japanese people,mostly civilians...
edit on 12-2-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   

No country? The USA used two on Japan, and more recently used several tactical nukes in Iraq and Afghanistan. Fact. If that makes Amerika stoopid, I cannot disagree with you.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I don't think anyone is silly enough to start a WW3 there will only be small wars everywhere to boost technology

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Puddles
I don't think anyone is silly enough to start a WW3 there will only be small wars everywhere to boost technology
Sooner or later,when some eastern terrorist group,or other such evil organization thats not afraid to die for their cause,gets hold of a modern nuclear device and decides to detonate it within a major western city somewhere,that horrible moment will most likely set off a rapid chain of events that will result in WW-3...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join