It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious electric flashes in Moscow

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Just a few days ago a flurry of electric lights exploded into the Moscow night sky, stunning motorists, leaving traffic at a standstill.

'It's the Martians landing,' said one comment, while several others also suggested a spaceship had landed on Russia's second city and former Imperial capital.

Another commenter added: 'I know precisely what this is - tests of a neutron bomb in St Petersburg.'

Turns out it was cause by an accident at a local power plant..

The flash was the result of an explosion at an electrical power plant in St Petersburg, in what was described as a 'technical malfunction' by officials. No one was hurt in the incident.

So I'm wondering if an explosion of this magnitude, that is this bright could have really been caused by the electric plant without hurting anyone.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Here's the vid:

And one filmed at another location, you can actually see the smoke in this one:

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

I'll have to say I agree with the official statement

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Dang my first split second thought might be of the bright flash a nuke first gives off. (in this day in age) That was neat though.

U

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by disconnected8

Comparing the vids you posted to the OP they dont look the same. I do remember hearing the OP images were a transformer but not sure thats the case after seieng your videos that was a larger LIGHT display in the OP.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

I agree....I would have had a heart attack! It looks like a nuke, but it's probably something more common. I remember seeing something very similar during the Japan earthquake, and I think they did say it was a power plant going up.....scary though! Here is one from Portugal.....I think it is electrical transformers, as you can hear the surges of electricity and then the power goes out....but it is scary as hell!

new topics

top topics

join