It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rescued dog bites anchorwoman

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Do not watch this if seeing someone suddenly bitten bothers you.

Just thought this was worth discussion. An Argentine Mastiff rescued from freezing waters is featured on a Colorado news show. The anchorwoman interviewing the dog owner, rescuer, and the dog, gets bitten in the face during the live interview.

I personally think the owner and anchorwoman showed a real lack of knowledge of the number one rule of dog ownership....Do not put your face near a dog's face, and (for the owner) do not let anyone put their face near your dog's face.

Unfortunately this is only going to hurt the breed and similar breeds of dogs further.

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
As a general rule you NEVER put your face up close to the face of a dog that is not familiar with you. An alpha dog will see that as a threat/challenge and will respond....

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by SunnyDee

Dog is a man's best friend. Maybe the anchor is not a man per se.

HERE LIZARD LIZARD LIZARD

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
At least it wasn't an elephant.

Try to steal an elephants food and then pet it.

She had it coming when she tried to kiss him.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Already posted.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
she only got a warning shot, could have been far worse. Like posters above me say, you don't put your face up to a dog you don't know. I got tagged in the face by a mates dog a few years back, totally my fault. He was a biter and I knew it, but I am a dog person and thought I knew better....I learnt the toothy way
(like the anchor woman)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
My general rule when it comes to animals is that If it has teeth, it WILL bite.

I get a kick, and shake my head when pet owners tell me that their animal will not bite. I usually respond with, "How does it eat then?"

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Sometimes you have to face the hard tooth of the matter - and sometimes, the tooth hurts

But seriously, what a dappy cow - serves her right

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by occrest

My sweet wonderful golden retriever bit a small child that was climbing all over her at a holiday party, when we were not paying attention. Just goes to show it does not matter the breed or temperament, dogs have a defense mechanism when their space is invaded, that we can not predict.

I felt horrible that this happened and learned a valuable lesson. Put the dogs away when unknowledgeable people are around. Better safe than sorry.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Glargod

How do you know that we aren't all lizards? Or that I myself am not a lizard?

She should've known right off the bat to stay out of a dog's face. When you don't know a dog and even sometimes when you DO know a dog, you should expect that kind of reaction. Dogs crave personal space just as we do. I wouldn't want someone all up in my face trying to kiss my lips if I did not know them and would react thusly.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Just from reading the title I said to myself "I'll bet this woman gave the dog a big old Primate greeting".

Primates put their faces close together as a greeting. Dogs don't. Lesson learned. I just hope they don't put the dog down as "dangerous".

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Myomistress
reply to post by Glargod

How do you know that we aren't all lizards? Or that I myself am not a lizard?

touche

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Is there anywhere that tells how bad the bite was? It looks like just what everyone is saying, it was a warning bite. It doesn't look like he was in attack mode.
You would think she would know better than to get in his face.
Heck, we had a female boxer for 12 years, and I would never do that with her. Course, she thought my hubby was her man, and I was just in the way.
Which is why we have males now!

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

She's undergoing reconstructive surgery.
All he did was nip her.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
OP, I completely agree.

I don't care WHAT breed. You never ever put your face next to a dog's face unless it's your own dog that you have had for a LONG time. It's simply animal common sense!

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
OP, I completely agree.

I don't care WHAT breed. You never ever put your face next to a dog's face unless it's your own dog that you have had for a LONG time. It's simply animal common sense!

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Well for pete's sake, she can't have any type of scar, she's on television!
I don't mean to make light of it. But I do wonder if it was an injury that us normal people would have had just a stich or two, or if he took a chunk. Like I said, it didn't look like he really got a hold of her.
Just curious.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Well, they said last night on one of those rag mag t.v. shows that she was having her lip repaired, so maybe one of his fangs snagged or punctured it.
I was pretty PO"D that they made it all sound like the dog's fault, even though they had a dog expert on that said the dog was showing all the warning signs that he was uncomfortable before he bit her.
Sorry, but I still say it's all on her.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I've had a bulldog bite my face. Not a fun experience at all.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by SunnyDee

Last year my girlfriend and I went to a theme park and an older woman was on the tram that takes you to the parking lot with her lapdog and we watched as one of the theme park workers walked up while the dog owner wasn't paying any attention and the park worker tried to pet the dog and it flipped and tried to bite/bit her hand and barked at her. The dog owner scolded her and said "you ALWAYS ask." I thought it was kinda funny.. the dog owner was right of course.

new topics

top topics

join