It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel teams with terror group to kill Iran's nuclear scientists, U.S. officials tell NBC News

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
So essentially what's happening is the Israeli gov is training/funding Iranian domestic dissident groups to carry out several assassinations on people associated with Irans nuclear development. Part of me feels this is obviously wrong but the other half of me is happy to see Iran getting a taste of their own medicine. After all They have been doing this to nato/un forces in Iraq and Afghanistan for the past decade. What I'm even more surprised about is the fact that the US gov is admitting this.......?

rockcenter.msnbc.msn.com...

Updated: 11:14 a.m. ET -- Deadly attacks on Iranian nuclear scientists are being carried out by an Iranian dissident group that is financed, trained and armed by Israel’s secret service, U.S. officials tell NBC News, confirming charges leveled by Iran’s leaders. ROCK CENTER EXCLUSIVE The group, the People’s Mujahedin of Iran, has long been designated as a terrorist group by the United States, accused of killing American servicemen and contractors in the 1970s and supporting the takeover of the U.S. Embassy in Tehran before breaking with the Iranian mullahs in 1980. The attacks, which have killed five Iranian nuclear scientists since 2007 and may have destroyed a missile research and development site, have been carried out in dramatic fashion, with motorcycle-borne assailants often attaching small magnetic bombs to the exterior of the victims’ cars. U.S. officials, speaking on condition of anonymity, said the Obama administration is aware of the assassination campaign but has no direct involvement.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Israel does this anyways, and has always done this.
In the eyes of 'terrorists' and foreign populations, our forces are the terrorists. Thats just how it works when you occupy a country. You cant expect people to just let you come and and kill their friends and family.
(in reference to attacks in iraq/afg)
The footsoldiers of the zionist regime really.

Makes one question how many palestinians are in these 'terrorist groups' against israel.
edit on 9/2/12 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fitch303
So essentially what's happening is the Israeli gov is training/funding Iranian domestic dissident groups to carry out several assassinations on people associated with Irans nuclear development.

Good. It's a step short of war, which I think we all agree would be catastrophic for a LOT of people besides Iran and Israel. I particularly liked this part:

In the case of Roshan, the bomb appears to have been a shaped charge that directed all the explosive power inside the vehicle, killing him and his bodyguard driver but leaving nearby traffic unaffected.

Call them assassins all you want, but don't call them terrorists. Had this been an Islamic attack on an "infidel" target, they would have blown up the whole car or targeted him in a busy market without regard for civilian casualties.

How can people see facts like this and still call Israel "barbaric?" I've been watching the Middle East all of my life and, objectively, Israel tries as hard as it can to avoid civilian casualties while fighting for her very existence. The same can not be said for their radical Islamic foes.
edit on 2/9/2012 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Call them assassins all you want, but don't call them terrorists. Had this been an Islamic attack on an "infidel" target, they would have blown up the whole car or targeted him in a busy market without regard for civilian casualties.

Terrorist's engaging in terrorism.

The use of violence and intimidation in the pursuit of political aims

There is no word to use other than terrorism to describe their actions. and that makes them terrorist's.

Israel tries as hard as it can to avoid civilian casualties while fighting for her very existence. The same can not be said for their radical Islamic foes.

It's a terrorist front commanded by an extremist cult, their government/secretservice/military doesn't give 2 poop's for anyone who isn't a jew. You're forgetting the existence of palestine, and the wrath their people have suffered from Israeli terrorism, i'd go as far to call it an apartheid genocide, far worse than terrorism. The same people blowing up the gaza strip and killing civilians day-in day-out take the same orders as the ones who murdered several iranian scientist's.

People accuse Iran being a supporter of terrorist groups with no proof to substantiate a solid link... yet there is hard evidence that Israel engages in terrorist activities, officials admit it such as this topic, and people still seem to think Israel is some kind of angel, and no nation does anything to stop it form terrorising around the world.

Honestly, how is Israel in the UN at all? It is far from united with ANY other nation, and all it does is kill, murder, bomb and threat everyone while refusing to sign the nuclear non-proliferation treaty.

Why do people defend Israel to the grave even though it is so clear that everything it's governing body does... is wrong.

The world is mad!

(blah blah anti-semitism, throw it at me people, the word means nothing)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp

Originally posted by Fitch303
So essentially what's happening is the Israeli gov is training/funding Iranian domestic dissident groups to carry out several assassinations on people associated with Irans nuclear development.

Good. It's a step short of war, which I think we all agree would be catastrophic for a LOT of people besides Iran and Israel. I particularly liked this part:

In the case of Roshan, the bomb appears to have been a shaped charge that directed all the explosive power inside the vehicle, killing him and his bodyguard driver but leaving nearby traffic unaffected.

How can people see facts like this and still call Israel "barbaric?" I've been watching the Middle East all of my life and, objectively, Israel tries as hard as it can to avoid civilian casualties while fighting for her very existence. The same can not be said for their radical Islamic foes.

Thats an assasination with style. It takes more skill than most terrorists posses to detonae a car explosion without taking out other drivers.

All this posturing and threat making gonig on between these two reminds me of a cockfight. There's a huge difference in how the IDF fights and islamic militants from Hamas or Hezbollah do.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Do we get all our links from GLP or do they get them from us? lol

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Fitch303

This is what is called stir the pot to see what boils first Iran or Israel, if this is true and not some spin to put a bee in Iran's bonnet, or force Israel to make the first move now that the cat is out of the bag, in either case war will soon be, not with US involvement well played US Mil establishment a big

to you sirs and mams . now can you do something about Syria or will oyu let more die , this is for you in the Pentagon

edit on 9-2-2012 by bekod because: editting

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
Do we get all our links from GLP or do they get them from us? lol

Actually, I got this exact same story - headline and all - from Alireza Miryousefi, the press contact at the Permanent Iranian Mission to the UN, by email this morning.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

So I guess we call them "terrorist lite" maybe.

Or how about "experienced terrorist" , Israel has been killing people in other countries for a long time.

(Looks like we are opposite sides of this issue, Glad your back, annd all is well with you and family)

Ok sir, have at it.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

I don't know how people can see facts like this and openly support Israel.

Correct me if I am wrong, but didnt we drop bombs on Libya because Ghaddafi supported terrorist? Is that not part of the reason why we made sure his regime toppled?

Bin Laden is dead, are we not in Afghanistan because the Taliban supported terrorist and allowed them to use that country to build terrorist training camps?

Why are we using drone strikes in Somalia and Yemen again?> Oh that's right, there are people there who support terrorists and there are terrorist there.

The US's policy regarding "Terrorist" is very clear. Our Policy is that if you sponsor terrorist, if you harbor terrorist or if you support terrorist, you are as guilty as the terrorist. Now that Israel is using a group that has been labeled a "Terrorist" organization, you dont think we can call what they are doing "terrorism"? Are you freaking kidding me with this nonsense? So is it only "terrorism" if another group does it to us, but if the US or it's Allies do it, it's called something else?

Want to know why people around the globe hate America? Want to know why people inside America's boarders speak poorly of their own Country? It's for the hypocrisy that is clearly shown in the paragraph above.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal

I don't know how people can see facts like this and openly support Israel.

The US's policy regarding "Terrorist" is very clear. Our Policy is that if you sponsor terrorist, if you harbor terrorist or if you support terrorist, you are as guilty as the terrorist. Now that Israel is using a group that has been labeled a "Terrorist" organization, you dont think we can call what they are doing "terrorism"?

The more informed people who responded to this thread , want you to call them assassins, because they know in their hearts , you are correct.

But the Truth and Common sense are not wanted in these threads, just Propaganda.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I was wondering , that since the US do not support Terrorist.

Will the 3 billion a year given to Israel stop now?

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I won't be around long. TBH, I'm just getting my legs back. Just dipping my toes in, but thanks.

Anyway, please take a look at this map.

The Billion or so Muslims in the green area want the 13 million Jews dead or at the very least out of "Palestine," which is the same thing in reality. The Jews will never give up their ancestral homeland, nor should they be asked to. Muslims and Jews come from a common ancestry and religious tradition. Islam even accepts the Books of Moses as Divine scripture; when it's convenient apparently.

Imam Abdul Hadi Palazzi, leader of Italian Muslim Assembly and a co-founder and a co-chairman of the Islam-Israel Fellowship, quotes the Qur'an to support Judaism's special connection to the Temple Mount. According to Palazzi, "The most authoritative Islamic sources affirm the Temples,". He adds that Jerusalem is sacred to Muslims because of its prior holiness to Jews and its standing as home to the biblical prophets and kings David and Solomon, all of whom he says are sacred figures also in Islam. He claims that the Qur'an "expressly recognizes that Jerusalem plays the same role for Jews that Mecca has for Muslims".[4]

When asked what the Qur'an says about the State of Israel, Palazzi replied:

"The Qur'an cannot deal with the State of Israel as we know it today, since that State came into existing in 1948 only, i.e. many centuries after the Qur'an itself was revealed. However, the Qur'an specify that the Land of Israel is the homeland of the Jewish people, that God Himself gave that Land to them as heritage and ordered them to live therein. It also announces that - before the end of the time - the Jewish people will come from many different countries to retake possession of that heritage of theirs. Whoever denies this actually denies the Qur'an itself. If he is not a scholar, and in good faith believes what other people say about this issue, he is an ignorant Muslim. If, on the contrary, he is informed about what the Qur'an and openly opposes it, he ceases to be a Muslim.[59]

Prof. Khaleel Mohammed, Islamic Law scholar of the San Diego State University, noted that Sura 5 verse 21 of the Qur'an, and the medieval exegetes of the Qur'an, say that Israel belongs to the Jews. He translates it thus:

"[Moses said]: O my people! Enter the Holy Land which God has written for you, and do not turn tail, otherwise you will be losers." Mohammed here understands "written" to mean this is the final word from God on the subject. In reaction, he was inundated with hate mail.[5]

The Quran, chapter 17 (Al-Isra), verse 104:
“And thereafter We [Allah] said to the Children of Israel: 'Dwell securely in the Promised Land. And when the last warning will come to pass, we will gather you together in a mingled crowd.— translated by Unknown”

The Quran, chapter 5 (Al-Ma'ida), verse 20-107:
“ And [remember] when Moses said to his people: 'O my people, ... enter the Holy Land which God has assigned unto you, and turn not back ignominiously, for then will ye be overthrown, to your own ruin.— translated by Unknown

See, this is the problem with a system that is both religions and political. It is very easy for those in power to ignore the truth about their religion in preference to political power. Can't you see? They (Muslim leaders) need a boogeyman, just like Hitler did, to rally the people to their flag; only it's a lie. The Koran itself says that Israel belongs to the Jews, and any Muslim who denies that is lying to himself or ignorant of what his own holy scripture says.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

And what does anything you posted have to do with Israel using a terrorist organization to kill citizens in Iran?

Answer: Absolutely nothing.

This religious argument is how people love to muddy the waters and blur an issue. The issue here is that Israel is using a known terror group against Iran. The US supports Israel yet has a policy that they will not support terrorism or any Country that supports terrorism. Israel is now, by admission from the US, supporting terrorism.

No one would bring up the religious aspect or the land aspect of this debate if it was proven that Iran was using a terrorist organization to kill off Israeli scientist. If this were happening, people would be using it as an excuse to attack Iran, topple their Government, and while we were there dismantle any nuclear capability, and that would be ok with most people. Right now it is Israel that is doing this, and instead of the same reaction holding true, you claim it is ok and it is good? So I guess my question is, why are there two different sets of rules here? Do you not see this as grossly hypocritical?

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
This is how war has been carried out behind the scenes since the beggining of time- Want something to get something done without getting your hands dirty? Pay and train someone else to do it!

Honestly, I'd prefer this kind of conflict to missles flying over the desert.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monts

I agree.
Lets put the Heads of Mossad/Revolutionary Guard in the Octagon.
Five rounds , winner gets the belt.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

Originally posted by Monts

I agree.
Lets put the Heads of Mossad/Revolutionary Guard in the Octagon.
Five rounds , winner gets the belt.

I can get behind that. Heads of state dukeing it out.

If they still insist on wars, I would also like to see the sons and daughters of the politicians who allowed/authorized it on the front lines. Of course that will never happen. The assholes in governments - ALL governments - are far too willing to use other people's children to bleed and die for them and whatever agenda they may have.

If I were Emperor of the World...

top topics

join