It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone can buy guns:Legal loophole permits weapons powerful enough to down aircraft to be sold witho

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by tinker9917

Also a shame that so many experts come out of the woodwork. Its an interesting topic. And as some have pointed out weapon sales on the personal level are unregulated for the most part. Some states have tried to regulate sales and registrations.
I used to live in Oregon. As far as I know, the only weapons registration are those of New purchases from Dealers. A weekend wouldn't go by that there wasn't some kind of Gun Show someplace.

Whats interesting to know is who now is buying up the Gun and Ammo companies. At a glance it appears that Americans 2nd amendment rights are at risk by Politicians...This is easy to buy into because of the rhetoric with the subject.
I will leave you with an analogy. If I owned all of the Gun & Ammo Mfg and lets say I am a Politician and I get somebody to Lobby to restrict magazine size on hand guns at it causes a stir and all that comes out of it is MORE guns and magazines and ammo to be sold. Who is the winner in this $$BANK$$wise. YEP and every time $$$$$ win

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I don't believe the 2nd amendment mentions anything about permission or permits. I don't think anyone in the US needed permission or a permit to shoot the British back when they were trying to enslave America.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Immune
reply to post by rebellender

First rule of safe shooting..... NEVER shoot directly at the water its called ricochet and its a good way to kill your self or someone else

absolutely, shooting without proper safety risk assessment management can be hazardous to Life and environment. I totally agree with my statement...

Also waterfowl hunting is commonly done from boats , Bow hunting Carp is really fun and Annually done at Clear Lake California.

I totally agree that 2nd amendment rights US citizens to keep arms in a safe manor. I totally agree with the OP statement
lets look at some proper safe Gun Handling practices where Safety was practiced and Nobody was hurt during demonstrations

Mythebusters shooting 50cal into water
shooting the Beretta M92 under water
shooting the AR-15 under water

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by rebellender

absolutely, shooting without proper safety risk assessment management can be hazardous to Life and environment. I totally agree with my statement...

That's some city slicker talk right there, harmful to the environment? Like a stray bullet will go through a tree killing it and raise the temperature of the planet by 10 degrees so the ice caps melt and we are all enslaved to Al Gore?

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Vardoger

Actually there already is a detachable mag on some Yugos,they just have that part that sticks out.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by pikestaff

you could buy blank bullets probably legally and fill them with gun powder yourself which you can also buy legally at any hunting shop.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Who needs guns to take down military aircraft. You can take a landing helicopter down with steel cabe and some chain link fence. Are pipes, matches and nails illeagal in Europe if not you have guns.

SM2

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
numerous false statements in here as already pointed out. I would like to comment on a few things myself though. First, the "gun show loop hole" is a lie. The vast majority of sellers at a gunshow are dealers, therefore fall under the same rules and regs as a regular gun shop. Which means, a NICS background check, which depending on the state you live in, can also be eliminated. For example, in my state, a valid concealed carry permit allows you to bypass the background check requirement, as you have already passed one to obtain the permit. There is no, I repeat NO federal registration of firearms. When you purchase a firearm at a shop, they do not register it, unless you live in one of the soviet states of america like New York or California. As a matter of fact, in my state, they are not even allowed to keep a database of concealed carry permit holders, or gun owners. There is no state registration of any firearm, except the class 3 stuff that was already pointed out. Buying a gun online, going to a website like gunbroker.com, budsgunshop.com etc, they will only ship to an FFL dealer, which brings you right back to the NICS background check (depending on state laws for CCW holders). So as far as the little sensationalized piece that was reffered to by the OP, i call shenanigan, more anti gun lies to try and scare people.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Quantazero

Helicopters that flew in Vietnam were very well armed with either M-60 machine guns or in the case of the Marine Corps CH-46 2 50cal Browning machine guns... The 7.62x39 round did a lot of damage if they hit the right place on a helicopter or were able to wound a pilot A CH-46 took 27 hits from an AK-47 while dropping off a pallet of C-rations The pilot was big time pissed at me about it when he returned for the net the next day.. We had the bodies of the NVA that had fired.on him just off of the LZ to prove the problem was taken care of .. ... I had to go into a CH-46 with our Navy Corpsman to give 1st aid that included a tourniquet to a leg that I am sure he lost... It's hard to imagine how hard it is to walk on the flooring of a helicopter that is covered with blood....

top topics

<< 1   >>

join