It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gasp! Ron Paul PAC Operated by 9/11 Truther

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Another blow from the MSM to the Ron Paul campaign.

The first thing I saw on my home page when I launched my browser was this tidbit courtesy of MSN.Com...

Super PAC supporting Ron Paul is operated by a 9/11 'truther'

Have a little look at the opening two paragraphs of the article linked above:

As Libertarian Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul looks for a state he can win, some of his supporters have turned to a new theme: voting fraud.

A Super PAC supporting Paul has pledged to monitor the vote in all the remaining states, using an army of exit pollsters to fight what it calls results that are "outrageous, unacceptable and patently un-American." The group, called Revolution PAC, has spent half a million dollars supporting Paul with videos, webcasts, online ads, direct mail, billboards and radio ads in primary and caucus states.

Okay, so a PAC that supports Ron Paul is concerned about voter fraud in the primaries/caucases. Fair enough. Can't say that I blame them.

However, in what strikes me as an attempt to sling mud upon Mr. Paul the article quickly devolves into an article about how the chairman/treasurer of said PAC believes in conspiracy theories.

The leader of the group, its founder, chairman and treasurer, is Gary Franchi, a promoter of conspiracy theories and sophisticated social-media entrepreneur in the resurgent movement known as the Patriots.

The 34-year-old political activist from the Chicago suburbs told msnbc.com that his goal is a "non-violent intellectual revolution, which results in a full restoration of the federal Constitution."

Online videos produced by Franchi, and online interviews with him, add specifics:

•Franchi has supported the 9/11 Truth Movement, which supports the idea that the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001, werean inside job to create a pretext for a reduction in American liberty, or at least involved a cover-up, with the World Trade Center brought down by a planned U.S. demolition, instead of terrorist-controlled airplanes. Franchi founded the Lone Lantern Society (a reference to Paul Revere indicating that foreign enemies are on American soil). The group supports "the birth of freedom and the death of the New World Order," a secretive elite that is supposedly trying to set up a world government. Lone Lantern has held street demonstrations on the 11th of every month in Chicago and elsewhere, demanding an investigation of 9/11. In New Hampshire in 2008, a video shows Franchi asking Tom Ridge, the former secretary of Homeland Security, who was campaigning for Sen. John McCain, whether Ridge would support an investigation of the "controlled demolition" of the World Trade Center. Ridge was having none of it, saying, "I just don't buy into that. That's a conspiracy theory that has no basis in fact. It's almost out of the Twilight Zone."

•According to a 2010 reportby the Southern Poverty Law Center, which tracks domestic fringe groups, "Gary Franchi is one of the leading promoters of a resurgent Patriot conspiracy theory that alleges the government is creating concentration camps for U.S. citizens." In 2009 he co-wrote and co-produced the video "Camp FEMA: American Lockdown," which claims that the Federal Emergency Management Agency is creating concentration camps on air bases and in vacant buildings to house political dissenters when the federal government proclaims martial law. "Your church may have already signed a deal with the devil," reads promotional material for the film. The film questions whether Census data will be used to round up Americans. Clips from Franchi's film on YouTubeshow Hitler youth marching while the narrator ominously describes President Obama's plans to expand AmeriCorps and the USA Freedom Corps, the volunteer initiative launched by the Bush administration after 9/11.

•Franchi operates Restore the Republic, which opposes the Federal Reserve, the IRS and the income tax, decries the control of the economy by the Rockefellers and the "banking cartel," and warns of government plans to plant RFID microchips into all Americans. The group was founded by Franchi and filmmaker and Libertarian presidential candidate Aaron Russo, and has been operated by Franchi since Russo's death from cancer in 2007. RTR shares an address with Revolution PAC in Northbrook, Ill. The group, which describes itself as a social media platform for like-minded individuals, promotes Russo's film, "America: Freedom to Fascism," in which Ron Paul declares, "If that's the definition of a police state — that you can't do anything unless the government gives you permission —we're well on our way." In a YouTube video interview with Franchi in 2008, Paul credited the Russo video with bringing a lot of people to his presidential campaign. The group has also placed billboards fueling the bogus claim that Obama is not an American citizen, asking, "Where's the REAL birth certificate?"

Now I know how upset the typical ATS member gets when somebody starts spouting off about "conspiracy theories".

Wait! There's a YouTube video linked to this story:

This is scary folks. YouTube has taken the courtesy of warning me about the video with this message:

The following content has been identified by the YouTube community as being potentially offensive or inappropriate. Viewer discretion is advised.

Thank you for saving me from hearing anything controversial YouTube. Those crazy Ron Paul supporters. They are all sooooooooooooooo offensive to me.

Seriously folks. When and where is this crap going to end?

When will Mr. Paul get his chance to tell us his thoughts about where this country is headed? What direction we need to begin taking?

Right! Got it! Pretty much never if the MSM has its way.

Sorry, but this is truly getting ridiculous. The really scary part is how effective it can be!

Thanks MSM from saving all of us from that crazy radical Ron Paul!

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Hessling

Franchi operates Restore the Republic, which opposes the Federal Reserve, the IRS and the income tax, decries the control of the economy by the Rockefellers and the "banking cartel," and warns of government plans to plant RFID microchips into all Americans.
lol, this guy is a textbook terrorist according to the FBI's definition of a terrorist. He had better watch his back.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Hessling

It's no secret that Ron Paul is a bit of a conspiracy theorist himself so someone who runs his PAC being a 9/11 Truther is not shock, not even a gasp. Another blow to RP by the MSM? Yeah I don't think so. Lots of people are truthers and lots of people are OS'ers....

Moving on

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Ever ask yourself "what IS a "truther"????

What IS a truther anyway?

Labeling A euphemism is used when the propagandist attempts to increase the perceived quality, credibility, or credence of a particular ideal. A Dysphemism is used when the intent of the propagandist is to discredit, diminish the perceived quality, or hurt the perceived righteousness of the Mark. By creating a "label" or "category" or "faction" of a population, it is much easier to make an example of these larger bodies, because they can uplift or defame the Mark without actually incurring legal-defamation. Example: "Liberal" is a dysphemism intended to diminish the perceived credibility of a particular Mark. By taking a displeasing argument presented by a Mark, the propagandist can quote that person, and then attack "liberals" in an attempt to both (1) create a political battle-ax of unaccountable aggression and (2) diminish the quality of the Mark. If the propagandist uses the label on too-many perceivably credible individuals, muddying up the word can be done by broadcasting bad-examples of "liberals" into the media. Labeling can be thought of as a sub-set of Guilt by association, another logical fallacy. Latitudes of acceptance If a person's message is outside the bounds of acceptance for an individual and group, most techniques will engender psychological reactance (simply hearing the argument will make the message even less acceptable). There are two techniques for increasing the bounds of acceptance. First, one can take a more even extreme position that will make more moderate positions seem more acceptable. This is similar to the Door-in-the-Face technique. Alternatively, one can moderate one's own position to the edge of the latitude of acceptance and then over time slowly move to the position that was previously.[7]

link

Time to wake up to the subtle techniques used against us people.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Thanks for that info.

I genuinely hate the term "Truther" in the context of 9/11.

Technically, who wouldn't want to consider themselves a "Truther"? Sort of like saying "I don't want to know!".

Peace.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
This should hardly come as a surprise. There are more Truthers in the world than believers of the official fairy tale.

Truthers are your doctors, your bus drivers, your crossing guards, your mail man, your brother, your sister etc. More people awake than asleep now. I guess the ones sleeping are afraid they're out numbered now. And the ones who are trying to keep you asleep are more worried than ever.

We need more people who don't trust the government to get into positions of power. Short of a violent revolution its the only way to change the broken, corrupt, lying system.
edit on 9-2-2012 by CourageousEyesoftheHeart because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-2-2012 by CourageousEyesoftheHeart because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-2-2012 by CourageousEyesoftheHeart because: spelling, first psot before morning coffee

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Oh no, not a truther... You mean one of those guys who openly believes what everyone else has quietly come to suspect?

I just wish Ron Paul would align more with Truthers.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I don't get why the it is "crazy" for Ron Paul and his backers to call for the end of the Fed and his other ideas YET folks like Santorum and all the other religioso types aren't called complete lunatics for believing in talking snakes, burning bushes that talk, virgin births, water walking, and zombies.

What is nuttier, calling to end the strangehold the few very rich have on the masses or believing in something that sounds too nutty to even be in Anime? Really?

I've posted as such on all the major news sites this same basic message.

Derek

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by spiritualzombie
Oh no, not a truther... You mean one of those guys who openly believes what everyone else has quietly come to suspect?

I just wish Ron Paul would align more with Truthers.

Lots of people quitely suspect there is no god. You cant exactly throw that out there if you run for any office either, at least not yet.

top topics

join