It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Chinese have seen the dragon in the sky !!

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by mutatismutandis

Damn if I had only read that earlier !

You can all stop worrying now, it's just NASA playing around with the Bluebeam thingy again ; )

Wait .. wasn't there a thread last week about the recent update to the Bluebeam software that would allow for moving images, too ? I swear I read that somewhere.

Seriously, the particular piece of information about the static picture escaped my attention somehow, thanks. Judging by the comments I'm not the only one though lol

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Realtruth wants one.

Will we have to get a chip put in them, in case they get lost?

Cool pics.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
What kind of fictional animal do you think of when I say chinese?

Dragons.

It's either a kite or just some fool using photoshop.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by LordDrakula

OMG!! Two Dragons with one tail!!

It's pretty easy to fake. HOAX!

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Cant believe this is from China and no one has said Chinese Lanterns...or is it?

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by H1ght3chHippie

The kite in your video has at no point a shape that even closely resembles the shape in the picture.

Good grief. Please observe how the kite in this video behaves after the 10 second mark:

Is everyone really going to assume that it must be a real dragon until someone can prove beyond doubt that it is a Chinese Dragon Kite... which are traditionally flown to celebrate the Spring Festival? Like, now?

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I've been reading the comments, and im a shocked to say the least. Ya'll REALLY don't think that's a dragon, do ya'll?

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by JunoTheGreat
I've been reading the comments, and im a shocked to say the least. Ya'll REALLY don't think that's a dragon, do ya'll?

I think some people just really miss Harry Potter and are sad there's not going to be more movies made.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by PageAlaCearl

I think some people just really miss Harry Potter and are sad there's not going to be more movies made.

I'm sooooo glad that there are no more movies being made, but now you got all the Harry Potter dweebs posting on Youtbe and every other online communication site.
edit on 10-2-2012 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by InsideYourMind

Oh it's ok!

Keep speculating!

I'm right with you. Like i've said before, the world is a LOT more mysterious and magical than any of us know, or want to believe.

Sorry if i came off ignorant.

It's great to have such an open mind, to think that anything could be possible.

And yea, maybe dragons are some type of entity, and throughout history we've caught glimpses of them and out of that came our understanding of the myth of dragons?

There was a guest on Coast to Coast AM not too long ago that talked about dragons, what the symbolize, what they represent, and how they're real things. I'm not sure i understood it all, but if you're interested i'd be more than happy to send you the mp3's. If so just message me!

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnnunakiX
FWIW, the image in question has been around for a while. Much before 2012 I'm afraid. The "dragon" photo has been around since at least 17 July 2010:

July 17, 2010 - hot.3q3w.com...
July 20, 2010 - club.china.com...
July 10, 2011 - tt.mop.com...
July 24, 2011 - bbs.tiexue.net...

Nice find 'AnnunakiX'
The story about Guan Mulin watching lots people looking up in the sky, and the photo of the "Dragon" seems to be fake after all? Fake or not fake, but thanks for for these links. It could be nice to see the whole translation of what they wrote in these Chinese forums, i think there are very few here who can read Chinese, maybe no one. I'm using Google's own translator, it's not the best translator, but it seems some of these chinese forum members said there was a real story about Dragon encounter in your last provided link, while another chinese member said something like >>I've seen the video of this film, not like fake

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by PageAlaCearl

Jk Rowling was quoted saying something about how she could always write more Harry Potter!!!

(i secretly hope so)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Jesus Fukken christ. In Chinese culture the Dragons are like snakes with limbs and a western style head, let's assume this Chinese guy is for real, he sees something that resembles something that is engraved into his head by the culture he lives in and you guys jump on it OH LOOK ITS A FRIGGING DRAGON IN THE SKY.. WTF is wrong with you people... In 3 months time I'll come back with a cool story and loads of photoshopped images of alien craft, with a neat conspiracy and I bet 80% of the posters will believe it.. You people make me sad. I'm gonna teach you a simple thing about reality which should get you far in life: act like everyone you meet(yes, that means internet messages as well) is a con man.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I think the picture is a fake based on previous posters evidence, but for the record not everyone in the world is rich enough to afford a camera or phone so for those who use that as an excuse is too accustomed to the western worlds opulent wealth.

Get real people, not everyone is rich enough to own a camera or cell phone.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by R3velutionR3quired

You may be right, but there were depictions of dragons long before dinosaur bones were discovered.

The first known dinosaur bone was discovered in 1676 - but it was then believed that it was a thigh bone belonging to a giant human. Then in 1822, giant teeth were discovered, but they were thought to belong to a giant iguana.

Dragon depictions go back as early as the 1400s, and by the 1600's the Shang and Yin Dynasties had shields and flags with dragons on them.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
You got that right Shred, Yo Springer, can we PLEASE change this site's motto to "Embrace Ignorance"?

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by R U SERIOUS
You got that right Shred, Yo Springer, can we PLEASE change this site's motto to "Embrace Ignorance"?

Ah! More angry people with nasty comments. I enjoy reading weird stories like this, true or not. What would you prefer to see on a site that talks about space aliens and conspiracy theories? Copy/paste msm news stories while nearly falling asleep from boredom?

Dragons are interesting!

edit on 10-2-2012 by L00kingGlass because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
hopefully its real ,we need something like this in the world to make things interesting

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by L00kingGlass

Dragons may be interesting, but we all know they are mythical. Come on, be serious, no one seriously believes this is a real dragon, and if they do, they need professional help. this site is good for laughs, hence my cry to Springer, (he didn't take me serious, he takes no one serious, which is why he and Septic Overlord rarely reply), to change the motto, if he did, it would stop traffic, ergo, stop revenue, ergo, make these guys get real jobs, ergo Deny Ignorance brings people in, ergo, brings people in that believe in dragons, you see?

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Rukas

I spent 3 minutes on that... Do you have a degree in Applied Science of Computers with a focus on Graphics and Web Design too? I do. I am highly trained on photoshop, and it doesn't take much to learn a few tools.

It's fake. Get over it. There aren't any giant dragons in the sky.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join