posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 09:35 AM
I think the title says it all , The off topic : computer help forum would benefit from some guidelines on how to ask for help. People keep asking for
help on problems without even stating what computer or operating system they have running.
Heres an example from the other day :
webkit2webprocess.exe - why does it keep popping up?
i've googled it and cant really find any help, at least none that i can understand.
this damn box keeps popping up saying webkit2webprocess.exe cant access server or some crap.
As you can see this is impossible to diagnose the problem or suggest a sensible solution without some basic background info such as operating system
Just a simple set of guidelines will do for example :
How to ask for help
You will find it much easier to get help if you provide the following information :
- Computer type (eg. PC / Mac)
- Architecture (32bit / 64 bit)
- Hardware (If know, RAM , Video Card etc)
- Operating system and version (eg. Windows 7 starter/ home basic / premium / professional / enterprise / ultimate)
- The problem (please include any error codes)
- What you have tried to fix it (if you have tried anything).
- Any additional info.
edit on 9-2-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)