It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$100,000 for YOU, if ...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
I'll give $100,000 dollars to anyone that can build me a time machine.

Seriously.

I could build you a clock...that does qualify as a 'time/machine', correct? You can make the check payable to eatbliss. Thank you.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Scalable Quantum Computing relies on Quantum Mechanics. Here is my experiment that defies QM: Use Cd-109 that emits one gamma at a time. Put two NaI scintillator detectors in tandem and see if the gamma is detected in coincidence, at rates exceeding chance. The detections must be full height. It worked. Chance was greatly exceeded. QM fails in a very fundamental way, therefore QC can't work. The experiment, theory, history, tests eliminating artifact, tests of many form with different detectors and sources etc, control tests revealing the conditions for success and failure, are all on my Unquantum.net website. We should expect a flaw in QM because wave-particle duality has always been a paradox. My theory, the Loading Theory, is an extension of Planck's Second theory: emission is quantized, but absorption is continuous; Planck's constant is a threshold (a maximum). The distinction between QM and the Loading Theory is made in my many experiments. Also: most physics students were misled by a false assumption in you textbooks concerning photoelectric time lag. I can demonstrate the experiment upon appointment. So if QC relies on weirdness like non-locality & entanglement, I have a strong case. This is a serious request for a fair hearing. Please see www.unquantum.net , Thank you.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
A quantum computer is theoretically possible, they hve already made quantum programmes to run on them, now they have to wait for the technology to catch up so they can build a quantum computer, and sadly it is guess-timated that we are about 30 years away from that kind of tech at the moment...(notice I said GUESS-timate, not estimate as we are making huge leaps forward all the time unexpected leaps forward) To give you an idea of what a quantum computer is capable of, they first are talking about merging the technology with the organic i think, and currently there is no computer in the world that is more powerful than the human brain, quantum computing will change all that, what a human brain could do, as in calculations of 1 billion to the power of ten that a computer cant handle, but a human brain can do, even though it would take said brain a considerable amount of time to do it, when a current up to date computer cant, will basically be made obsolete (the human brain that is) as the quantum computer would put the calculation to bed within seconds!! and like i said, that would be the advantage over the brain as i said before, it would take the brain a really long time to suss out that equation, hope i have explained the potential for quantum computing ok?
edit on 15-3-2012 by DARREN1976 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
thanks for this information. I started up some research on this and already learned a few things.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I dont think your math needs to be better,just ones and zeros. More logic on how the computer system really operates is what you would need to know.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Since Quantum Computers already exists, maybe they are talking about Trinary Quantum Computers.

Computers are binary working with 0 (off) and 1 (on).

A Quantum Trinary Computer would work with 0 (off) , 1 (on) 2 (either).

with the trinary computer, it gives the computer a possibility of potentials....

This is probably what he meant but I'm not sure...

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by informationstorage

Right, so, I've worked over a decade in information technology and know how to translate an IP address down to binary or vice versa for defining subnets and other such data routing fun.

Without using google, or your computer, or anything other than paper and pen, or pencil, please, tell me what the IP address 192.168.75.101 translates into in JUST ones and zeros.

Please tell me also if 1001 is a letter or a number.

Further, if I needed to allocate a subnet for a 150 host network, what would the subnet mask for that network be using both base 2 and base 10?

That's the really super simple stuff.

When I say me math needs be better, I talking about math as a language; on the level required for serious inquiry where math turns into something that looks like cuneform and egyptian heiroglyphs had a baby together and then proceeded to abuse it horribly until if looked kinda sorta like Greek, but, not really because of so many reasons I just don't have adequate mathematical language to describe.

Anyway, yup, that's what I mean. Big difference between speaking math and doing algebra and other elementary arithmetic.

edit on 21-3-2012 by nineix because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join