It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rossen Reports: Anyone can buy guns, no questions asked

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Today marks the debut of Rossen Reports, a new unit led by national investigative correspondent Jeff Rossen. First out of the gate: A hidden camera investigation exposing how easy it is for anyone – even criminals – to buy dangerous weapons.

Some say it’s a major loophole in the law. At gun stores, you have to get a background check before you can buy a weapon. But online in most states, anyone from law-abiding citizens to dangerous criminals – even terrorists – can get just about any weapon they want, no questions asked. Our hidden camera investigation shows the deals going down in broad daylight, in suburban mall parking lots.

Hundreds of thousands of guns are for sale, on hundreds of websites. We responded and set up meetings at popular shopping malls. We bought everything from a police-grade pistol to a semiautomatic assault rifle. We did it over and over again, even hinting that our buyer is a criminal.

Within 12 hours, we bought eight dangerous guns – even a 50-caliber weapon so powerful it could take down a helicopter.

Remember, at gun stores, background checks are required, but online – nothing. Believe it or not, in most states it’s completely legal.

Click here for complete article

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Here we go, another report putting law abiding gun owners in the criminal category.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Someone named C4talyst posted the comment below on msnbc.com and I want to share as I agree with their comment.

comment by C4talyst in the article on msnbc.com
Your beloved Obama administration allowed thousands of guns to be illegally purchased and sent to Mexico as part of the ATF's Fast and Furious scandal. One of these weapons showed up at the murder of a U.S. law enforcement officer. Where's the coverage of that, NBC?

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by KnightFire
Here we go, another report putting law abiding gun owners in the criminal category.

Just claim you're a drug cartel employee on the border and ask Eric Holder over there at the Justice Department to supply you with what you need in the way of firepower.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Actually the article attempts to point out that it's easy to acquire a firearm whether your intent is law abiding or not...
How did you arrive at the conclusion that the report pants all gun owners as criminals? By your logic all motor vehicle owners are criminals ( arsonist bomb makers etc) too given that it is easy to purchase gas? This report in just shows that neither foreign nor domestic terrorist exist as serious threat in the continental US as there is easy access to weapons&bomb making material and yet no terrorism.

Stellar

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Someone named C4talyst posted the comment below on msnbc.com and I want to share as I agree with their comment.

comment by C4talyst in the article on msnbc.com
Your beloved Obama administration allowed thousands of guns to be illegally purchased and sent to Mexico as part of the ATF's Fast and Furious scandal. One of these weapons showed up at the murder of a U.S. law enforcement officer. Where's the coverage of that, NBC?

Here's another report: Last year (2011), the FBI received over 10.8 million applications from Americans who purchased guns.

I guess Scully and Mulder were busy trying to figure out which of those 10.8 million guns were purchased by Martians?

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by StellarX

Actually the article attempts to point out that it's easy to acquire a firearm whether your intent is law abiding or not...
How did you arrive at the conclusion that the report pants all gun owners as criminals? By your logic all motor vehicle owners are criminals ( arsonist bomb makers etc) too given that it is easy to purchase gas? This report in just shows that neither foreign nor domestic terrorist exist as serious threat in the continental US as there is easy access to weapons&bomb making material and yet no terrorism.

Stellar

During World War Two, Japanese Admiral Yokamoto said, "We can't invade mainland America because there would be a gun behind every blad of grass."

Now, as for Czechoslovakia and Poland who were invaded by the Soviets, and Georgia who was recently invaded by Putin's Russia, that's a whole other matter.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
You just convinced me I need to buy another gun this weekend.

You have any suggestions of a make or model I should purchase.

I mean, it is called the Second Amendment.

By the way, how's that Montana State's Rights' debte going over the manufacture of guns within a state's boundaries?

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by StellarX

Stellar

Because the next step is to make a law taking away the rights of gun owners to privately purchase and sell firearms.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by tonycliffs

By the way, how's that Montana State's Rights' debte going over the manufacture of guns within a state's boundaries?

Right on! Make it a good one.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Buy a Rock River M4A1 5.56mm.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
It's like Clinton intentionally forbade private sellers from using the NICS system just to create this mock controversy so it can be used to further mess with the second amendment.

Why else would that exclusion be in place?

It's not that you arent mandated to run a check if selling privately. You are allowed to.

Unlawful transfer is a crime still. Which is why many private sellers ask for a state carry permit unless they know the buyer personally. If it were found that you sold to an unlawful transferee you'd be screwed. Ability to use the NICS system would prevent getting railroaded in this way.
edit on 9-2-2012 by TGRHredux because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
A YUGO SKS in a Fiberforce stock has been MODIFIED to shoot 7.62X39? Same old BS.Only 35 murders?The local hospitals off more patients than that by screw ups.I have nothing against back ground checks but most aircraft can be taken down by a lever action 30.30. in the right hands.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

I dooooon't knoooowww.....Somebody might ask me a question. Then what would I do!!!

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   

I dooooon't knoooowww.....Somebody might ask me a question. Then what would I do!!!

There's always the Red Rider BB Gun. LOL

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by cavtrooper7
I have nothing against back ground checks but most aircraft can be taken down by a lever action 30.30. in the right hands.

Excellent point. Hell, a laser pointer in the rights hands can bring down a plane.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by KnightFire

It'll only be a matter of time before ten year old kids will be going through FBI background checks on Christmas morning, as they open their packages revealing their first Red Ryder BB gun.

We'll teach our children the right way, one stinking way or the other.

Hey, kid...that slingshot! Where did you get it??!! Up against the wall you little Constitutional loving trouble maker, you!!

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Anyway, while we're on the subject......do you think the day will come whne online sales will put private gun shop ownership out of business?

I sometimes wonder how our local gun shops can compete?

I mean, I'm not being paranoid or anything. I'm just wondering from a business perspective.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by tonycliffs

Either the local shops get with the program and cease price-gouging or they do what seems to be the popular thing right now and jack up their transfer fee to some obscene price until they piss off enough customers they go out of business or the federal government gets with the program and drops the FFL for profit crap and opens NICS up to any tranfer.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by TGRHredux
reply to post by tonycliffs

Either the local shops get with the program and cease price-gouging or they do what seems to be the popular thing right now and jack up their transfer fee to some obscene price until they piss off enough customers they go out of business or the federal government gets with the program and drops the FFL for profit crap and opens NICS up to any tranfer.

Okay, waiting for the federal government to do something is....well....time consuming and resistance is futile.

I'm thinking that before it's all over, foreign gun manufacturers will put American gun manufacturers out of business? Or that American manufacturers will have to become foreign manufacturers? And why is everyone buying Russian these days? I mean, since Russia and China are establishing gun manufacturing plants throughout Latin America and Mexico?

Or do we vote for a Washington to offers stiumuls bailouts to Smith and Wesson like they did to GM?

Of course, GM took its stimulus buck to build manufacturing plants in Mexico. Could we be looking at American manufacturers having to establish offshore manufacturing plants?

Then will UPS employees have to be federally licensed to deliver guns?

Or do we go the Tenth Amendment route to establish a state right to manufacture...

Oh, hell....why did I start this?

Yeah, it's getting weird out there. My local gun shop owner was telling me he wants to sell his shop, buy a sailboat and take off for parts unknown. Forever.

It gets kind of scary envisioning an America where the only gun shops left are in a Walmart. But that is what looks like what's happening. And you know just how expert those Walmart employees are.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join