It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why didn't U.S. and UN forces go onto Baghdad and get rid of Saddam Hussein in 1991? Think about al

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure Saddam caused the mortgage crisis also.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Paulioetc15

No, they shouldn't have been there in the first place. Just like they shouldn't of used Bin Ladden to fight the Russians. Just like they shouldn't of sold heroin to the US citizens to suply the Taliban then throw them away like an old shoe. This heap of steaming dog crap of a war with the Middle East didn't start in the late 80's. It started in 48 when Israel was attacked simultaneously by Jordan, Iraq, Syria, Lebanon and....I can't remeber the 5th . And Isreal won. Something like a decade later they attacked Isreal again and Isreal won again. Then the US offered their help to Isreal in exchange for natural resources Isreal won though the conflicts...that's when it all started. That's what they shouldn't have done, aided Isreal. They shouldn't of stuck their noses in others business.
edit on 9-2-2012 by XLR8R because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-2-2012 by XLR8R because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by XLR8R

the U.S. shouldn't have been there in the first place during the Gulf War?

I believe that it was Saudi Arabia and Kuwait asked the U.S. to send in help after Iraqi forces attacked Kuwait. You'rehelping out a friend to help you. Cause it's like your neighbor asked for help because there is a fire in a house and the other guy decided to help because the fire may spread into their house so they help.

By your logic, Hitler could have killed all the Jews in Germany he wanted to, because it was a domestic dispute that should have been left to each side to settle themselves? Not only are you naive, you clearly have a crappy moral compass. This is what led to WW2 in the 1st place.
edit on 9-2-2012 by Paulioetc15 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

You know one of the major causes for that war was that Kuwait used a slant drill to pump the oil out of the al-Rumaila oilfield, right? Iraq borrowd 14 billion from Kowait to pay for the Iran war. Then Iraq was going to force the oil prices up to pay back Kuwait. But Kuwait had pumped a whole bunch of oil from their neigbours yard, so much so that it drove the prices down keeping Iraq from repaying it's dept. That war was everybody's fault. So much back stabbing, it's crazy.

In the Mid 90's April Glaspie pretty much told Saddam they didn't care what happened in between Iraq and Kuwait. So, what does Sadam do? He seizes Kuwait.

See that's what I mean when I say everybody's guilty in that war. They whanna back stab eachother then let them do it. Let them kill each other. And don't compare that to WW2 that's just ignorant.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
It was to soon !

They though that Saddam would be usefull in the futur war after the false flag of 9/11

You say that the twin tower would still be standing if they took him in 1991 ?

WRONG

Saddam didnt destroy the WTC .. nothing to do with it
and Bin Laden was for the show on TV ..
Perfect way to retire from the CIA
and be falsely kill and dissmiss in the ocean with even seeing a glimpse of his corpse
but they showed Saddam the king of Iran with a hole in his neck after he was hang

edit on 2/9/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by XLR8R

You know one of the major causes for that war was that Kuwait used a slant drill to pump the oil out of the al-Rumaila oilfield, right? Iraq borrowd 14 billion from Kowait to pay for the Iran war. Then Iraq was going to force the oil prices up to pay back Kuwait. But Kuwait had pumped a whole bunch of oil from their neigbours yard, so much so that it drove the prices down keeping Iraq from repaying it's dept. That war was everybody's fault. So much back stabbing, it's crazy.

In the Mid 90's April Glaspie pretty much told Saddam they didn't care what happened in between Iraq and Kuwait. So, what does Sadam do? He seizes Kuwait.

See that's what I mean when I say everybody's guilty in that war. They whanna back stab eachother then let them do it. Let them kill each other. And don't compare that to WW2 that's just ignorant.

That is false, Iraq began accusing Kuwait of doing so and this was later proven to be false. Iraq just refuse to pay back the debt and decided that attacking and stealing their oil in Kuwait would be a good idea to pay back it's debt. In fact, Saddam began planning the attack on Kuwait even since his war with Iran ended.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

It was the slant drilling, stealing oil from Iraq. I saw the rigs. This made Saddam mad, that is why he invaded Kuwait. This was not the OS. The slant drill riggs have been removed from Google Earth. I don't know if they are even on the ground there anymore.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude

It was the slant drilling, stealing oil from Iraq. I saw the rigs. This made Saddam mad, that is why he invaded Kuwait. This was not the OS. The slant drill riggs have been removed from Google Earth. I don't know if they are even on the ground there anymore.

This was made up by Iraq to justify their invasion of Kuwait. It was alleged that Kuwait was lsant drillig which isn't true. Iraq made up a lot of lies to justify for what they did. Don't fall for it. It's most likely they had to pay back lots of money to Kuwait and they didn't want to.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
The first Gulf War was conducted according to the principles of the Art of War by Sun Tzu which was popular with the military and business at that time----start with a very clear goal, attack quickly with overwhelming force and then stop once your objective has been achieved.

Colin Powell spoke openly about why we didn't take down Saddam in the first war. As mentioned it would have destabilized the region, strengthening Iran, possibly leading to a pro Iranian Shi'ite government and destabilizing Kurdistan and causing problems for allies like Turkey----------all of which has happened to some degree or another.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

But, but, I saw them with my own eyes before Google Earth was censored. Here:

www.truthaboutwar.org...

Personally, I think the slant drilling was stealing. Man, those pictures of those burning oil riggs were pretty cool. I think Saddam was in the right, but things got out of hand when he caused the world's worst pollution ever. For years, the clouds over the entire Earth had oil smoke in them from this invasion.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   

www.truthaboutwar.org...

Personally, I think the slant drilling was stealing. Man, those pictures of those burning oil riggs were pretty cool. I think Saddam was in the right, but things got out of hand when he caused the world's worst pollution ever. For years, the clouds over the entire Earth had oil smoke in them from this invasion.

I think you're full of BS. This link for example doesn't give out provide proof that Kuwait actually did. You just defended Saddam's explanation that the he did. He didn't have any proof Kuwait did drill off their coast.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by DelMarvel
The first Gulf War was conducted according to the principles of the Art of War by Sun Tzu which was popular with the military and business at that time----start with a very clear goal, attack quickly with overwhelming force and then stop once your objective has been achieved.

Colin Powell spoke openly about why we didn't take down Saddam in the first war. As mentioned it would have destabilized the region, strengthening Iran, possibly leading to a pro Iranian Shi'ite government and destabilizing Kurdistan and causing problems for allies like Turkey----------all of which has happened to some degree or another.

I think that the occupation would be bad but not nearly as Operation Iraqi Freedom in 2003

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Do you read what i said in my post.

Yes, I did.

I do understand that it was not a mission to remove Saddam as at that time to remove Saddam from Kuwait. I don't think religions violence had to do with anything. Either Bush Sr should have finished the job or don't go help Saudi Arabia at all. Simply as that. Besides why can't the Arabs handle themselves instead of relying on the U.S. and it's allies for help?

Wha...? I thought I did a fair job offering a brief review of the situation and it was and and is today. If I violated any of your website rules, please feel free to dock my bar and pool privileges...

Have a nice day.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

Wha...? I thought I did a fair job offering a brief review of the situation and it was and and is today. If I violated any of your website rules, please feel free to dock my bar and pool privileges... Have a nice day.

I didn't think you did violated all the rules i understand you reasons but to compare the 2003 to 1991 is off topic. I guess you don't understand why we didn't go back in 1991? Well one person above provided explanations to me and sum it up well.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paulioetc15

www.truthaboutwar.org...

I think you're full of BS. This link for example doesn't give out provide proof that Kuwait actually did. You just defended Saddam's explanation that the he did. He didn't have any proof Kuwait did drill off their coast.

Well, since I saw the wells, I am convinced that you are the one filled with the excrement. Sorry this happened to you. I suggest a good cleaning with the soap of truth.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Our president was a former spook so UN kept him on a short leash because of that balance deal.Kill the Army do not occupy.Again showing :we aren't nazis or geographicaly imperialistic,but finacially...a different storie.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join