It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Aurora, Texas UFO Incident (1897)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Somebody needs to say their great-great-great grandpa was an inventor back in the late 1800's and went missing one day while testing out his "flying machine" and say they think this is him so they need the body exhumed for DNA tests in hopes the body can be moved to the family cemetery.
Of course, it would have to be someone with some money, hehehe. And it would be crooked and wrong, but someone with such a story would probably come closer to getting permission to exhume a grave than someone simply investigating a UFO crash would.

Kinda far out idea, I guess. But it could work.

I've always wondered who is buried there. I think it's crazy that there could be someone from another planet buried right there in Texas, yet nobody is allowed to prove it or disprove it.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Like I said - I think they are hiding it.

Either they don't want to have the body dug up because it would prove it human - and ruin what tourisim and attention they get.

Or it will be proven alien, and maybe there is a certain level of respect they wish to give the dead.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by MentorsRiddle

Star and Flag for you - great job! I learned more about this story than I knew existed. I wish we had more posts like this.

Thanks! That was pretty much my intent for the thread, to provide as much info as possible on the case, in one place.

To the above, I'd have to agree that the town likely wants to keep it the mystery it is, as long as they can.
edit on 14-2-2012 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

As I said, my own personal feeling is that it was probably a lightning strike, and then the story got blown out of context.

Hey Gazrok,

You can see daily weather maps going back to 1871 here... docs.lib.noaa.gov...

If a lightning strike happened it seems it would have had to have occured on the 13th or 14th otherwise there was fair weather for that area. So I think you can rule out a lightning strike.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by MentorsRiddle

Either they don't want to have the body dug up because it would prove it human - and ruin what tourisim and attention they get.

What if they dug it up and it proved to be a real alien? They would suddenly become the most popular tourist destination in the world and they would increase their financial imports a thousand times over...
edit on 15-2-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by blocula

What if they dug it up and it proved to be a real alien? They would suddenly become the most popular tourist destination in the world and they would increase their financial imports a thousand times over...

But if it wasn't.... then the magic fades.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by blocula

But if it wasn't.... then the magic fades.
They,meaning a small group of just a few people,could "really" dig it up and if its not an alien,they would'nt "have" to tell anyone they even did it,but if it is an alien they would have everything to gain and nothing to lose...

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   

maybe there is a certain level of respect they wish to give the dead.
Maybe is a good choice of words and as far as their respect for the dead goes,i wonder how many native american burial mounds the pioneer settlers of aurora texas trampled over and built their houses and farms upon?

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   
This thread finally made me join ATS. As a rheumatologist for more than 30 years I don't know much about the rest of this thread but I DO know what was wrong with this guy's hands. He had untreated gout. It would have had nothing to to with the well unless the water had lead in it. (Or at least that's the only metal that I know of that causes this problem) Great thread, I live around Dallas and I've always wanted to drive up there and see this place, maybe someday I will. Thanks for posting this.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by yukdog

Why would "untreated gout" only effect his hands? what about his arms,legs,feet,head,face,neck ect,ect?

edit on 19-2-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Aliens are real. Aliens are here. Aliens want us. Aliens have us. Aliens need us. Aliens power over us.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   
This event has always interested me. Anyways here are 2 pictures that I found.

The first one is of the supposed gravestone. I tried to match it up with the black and white one, and I am not certain it matches.

The second is of an artifact recovered less than 150 feet from the crash site.

Resident Robert L. Brown, now in his eighties, was using his metal detector around the Aurora baseball field back in the late 1960s when he made a surprising discovery. Digging down about more than a foot, Brown found an odd medallion composed of two dish-shaped halves held together by heavy metal wire perhaps made of copper.

The Aurora Crash Artifact

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 03:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

Cool, just found this S&F!
To me the most interesting part is, when they wanted to exhume the body, the grave got opened overnight. What a shame this could have been THE PROOF.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join