It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Sighting in South Africa (+Pic and Video)- 08/02/2012

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   

An Unidentified Flying Object was spotted over Glenashley last night around 19h00
Last night I was sitting outsite on my porch when I noticed an object moving skyward. The object was flashing as though it was on fire.

www.ecr.co.za...

Mods: If this was already posted please remove. Cannot use the ATS Search from my remote desktop.
edit on 9-2-2012 by Monkeygod333 because: Cleaning up

Starting a New Thread?...Look Here First

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count.
Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.
If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events,
or important information from other sites;
*please post one or two paragraphs,
*a link to the entire story,
*AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item,
as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

edit on Thu Feb 9 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Heard about it over the radio this morning. This is East Coast Radio broadcasting for Kwazulu-Natal in South Africa. They were talking about how this is no hoax and they want to know if anybody else saw this. They were very clear to use the words Unidentified Flying Object rather than UFO. Afraid of the stigma, which doesn’t surprise me given that they and the big local newspapers don’t report on these things.

Apparently there’s a video as well.

For what it’s worth I did an article on an Italian guy who was part of a number of people who saw a UFO on the South Coast of South Africa. He made contact with me, strangely, less than a week ago to report that he saw another one on the 1st of Feb. You can read my introduction for that story.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   

the video footage could be anything
I don't see an erratic flight pattern...

it could be just a lantern ...

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Sounds like a Chinese lantern to me.

It looks like the picture and the video were taken at different times of the day.

edit on 9-2-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
i see a satellite/chinses lantern/airplane and a ridiculessly small picture with absolutly no chance to "identify" something....
edit on 9-2-2012 by Hessdalen because: mindcontrol

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
The blogger comments that the object is moving faster than a lantern and in a different direction to the wind. I think it's worth noting that neither the direction or velocity of air currents at various altitudes have to be the same as that at or near ground level.

To be honest (and my apologies for this) but I think it looks more like a ballon shape, and if it's a weather balloon they are sometimes made of quite reflective material and could give the impression of "fire" if reflecting sunlight at times.

However, without more detail as to its actual size and velocity relative to the ground, which are nigh on impossible to determine from the video, it's hard to say more.

Mike
edit on 9/2/12 by JustMike because: I fixed some pretty shtoopid grammar.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

Yes, they mentioned this in one of the comments. I doubt that the exposure settings could have had anything to do with it. if there were any other sightings we should hear about it tomorrow.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by spoonbender

Agree ! I have set them off before and I have also seen a bunch of them in the sky together, they move slow

Sry OP, looking at that vid im certain thats a lantern!

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Unidentified yes, alien craft? i dont think so, it was full moon last night, it could be anything, it doesnt look like it's moving that fast, i can't even see it moving except for the camera man moving the camera, and why did he film only a few seconds if it was such an important event...

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
there's no correlation between the picture and the video at all, even the weather pattern looks different, never mind time of day. A lantern best fits the video, I've no idea what the day sighting is in the picture.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
He only fimed 34 seconds because it was not moving at all, the clouds were and he was shaking like a dog sh**ing razor blades.Looks like a star or venus.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Probably the ISS, looks exactly like it.

If the date and time doesn't check out, then they probably changed the date so people would rule out the ISS.

top topics

join