It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Mass-arrest attempt on video - proof that CA riot police are the ones inciting violence

page: 4
39
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by JoshF
 


Tell me why you think they didn't want to leave through the convenient paved exits with no fear of reprisal, but DID want to leave through the fence?




posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by 00nunya00
reply to post by JoshF
 


Tell me why you think they didn't want to leave through the convenient paved exits with no fear of reprisal, but DID want to leave through the fence?


I have no idea, like i said nobody has ever said that occupy Oakland was the brightest group of people. You said it yourself there were exits available but they chose to go through the fence.



posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1825114
haha, yeah, he's the one making stuff up. Sure.


Did any of the things that he talked about actually happen in the video? No, he made it all up.



posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoshF

Originally posted by 00nunya00
reply to post by JoshF
 


Tell me why you think they didn't want to leave through the convenient paved exits with no fear of reprisal, but DID want to leave through the fence?


I have no idea, like i said nobody has ever said that occupy Oakland was the brightest group of people. You said it yourself there were exits available but they chose to go through the fence.


LOL, okay then, so you cannot come up with any logical reason why they would choose to tear down a fence instead of using the streets (and how cute, you twisted my words to your own ends, awww, that's adorable sweetheart). So, we're to go with your argument----"they're, like, trying to not leave until they, you know, leave"----instead of what's obvious to even the dude taking the video. Yep. Mmm hmm.

Sigh, another 10 MB of cyberspace wasted on ridiculous illogical trifling. Well done.



posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by 00nunya00
 




LOL, okay then, so you cannot come up with any logical reason why they would choose to tear down a fence instead of using the streets (and how cute, you twisted my words to your own ends, awww, that's adorable sweetheart). So, we're to go with your argument----"they're, like, trying to not leave until they, you know, leave"----instead of what's obvious to even the dude taking the video. Yep. Mmm hmm.


That is not at all what I was saying what I have been saying is that the cops were not making them stay against their will and the cops did not make them tear down that fence, And I was not twisting your words, you said there were "convenient paved exits" did you not?



posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by 00nunya00
reply to post by Wrabbit2000
 


Look, sorry you had a bad time with Occupy. I've never even met one. But you know what's lame? Saying they're not doing this quickly enough, or in big enough numbers, or with a palatable-enough message.

That's seriously lame.

We each have our own take on Occupy. I don't think it's taking too long, as much as it's going in precisely the wrong direction over the time it is taking. It started with great and strong community support and as many normal working people joining the camps when they were off as it was the hard core protesters living there. Now? Well....the trend sure isn't heading in the right direction.

As I have said before though....I will absolutely support a move to D.C.. Something can be accomplished there. What is there to accomplish by more street fighting with the cops? If this is about changing a nation, then go where the changes actually take place. Civil Unrest in Oakland, Portland, SF or New York isn't even making the news much for outreach or numbers...so what really is being accomplished at all?

If it's about causing civil unrest, what we're seeing now makes sense...vs. what happened into about Mid Nov-Early Dec. That would seem to be when things started changing....but this makes NO sense as any form of protest anymore. Not in the battlefield cities...and no when it's fighting from the word go, on sight.

More power to those who want to spend their days in fighting with Police though....just expect almost no support from the "99%". Changing a nation? Yes. Tearing DOWN this nation? Absolutely not. That is the decision Occupy really has to make..and I'm just hoping the new year's efforts aren't the answer. If so, I'd say the choice went real badly.



posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoshF
I don't see "proof" that the police are inciting violence.

Oh Please do not be another X(medical inserted vent for urine) who will defend the most indefensible actions while he himself (I strongly hypothesise- no proof..yet) is not on the force at all but sitting in his mothers basement in the state of MO playing Star Wars online in his mothers basement like Bud Bundy or that cool guy from the movie from the movie Silence of the lambs.)
These inhumane robos want nothing more than to crush people who were smarter and better than themselves growing up. So we are allowing the bravest of society (or perhaps the most awakened*) the chance to benifit from the results of their good works.n



*Death for the true and honest is not that bad and they are denying the evil and unskilled a herd to feed off of.



posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by VforVendettea
 


Right... like i said no proof of any of the crap claimed just made up crap and personal attacks.



posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000
 


This is well said. I dig it.

Star.



posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoshF
reply to post by 00nunya00
 




LOL, okay then, so you cannot come up with any logical reason why they would choose to tear down a fence instead of using the streets (and how cute, you twisted my words to your own ends, awww, that's adorable sweetheart). So, we're to go with your argument----"they're, like, trying to not leave until they, you know, leave"----instead of what's obvious to even the dude taking the video. Yep. Mmm hmm.


That is not at all what I was saying what I have been saying is that the cops were not making them stay against their will and the cops did not make them tear down that fence, And I was not twisting your words, you said there were "convenient paved exits" did you not?


Yeah, that's pretty much what you've been saying. You've been saying the cops were telling them to leave and "letting them leave" through the convenient walls of police at all four corners, but then had no reason why all of these people who "weren't being forced to stay" would tear down a fence and flee like antelope. And yes, you were twisting my words when you said "you said yourself" as if my saying "convenient paved exits" meant that I was supporting your argument that the cops were letting them leave. The convenient paved exits were crawling with cops; that was the point; you missed it.



posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Yeah the cops were letting them leave, show me otherwise.



posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoshF
Yeah the cops were letting them leave, show me otherwise.




Yeah, the protesters were leaving through the fence, show me otherwise.

Round and round we go!



posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by 1825114
 


Where's the follow up article showing how much damage this "unruly crowd" did to private property? Does it exist? I think it would be good to put it yp here too just to show others how they really operate.



posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by 00nunya00

Originally posted by JoshF
Yeah the cops were letting them leave, show me otherwise.




Yeah, the protesters were leaving through the fence, show me otherwise.

Round and round we go!


They were also leaving right through the cops



posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoshF

Originally posted by 00nunya00

Originally posted by JoshF
Yeah the cops were letting them leave, show me otherwise.




Yeah, the protesters were leaving through the fence, show me otherwise.

Round and round we go!


They were also leaving right through the cops


The people going through the police lines weren't protesters, prove otherwise.




posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by 00nunya00
 


That is the dumbest argument i have heard on ATS ever.



posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by JoshF
reply to post by 00nunya00
 


That is the dumbest argument i have heard on ATS ever.


Exactly.

Pot---kettle. You'll be good friends.



posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Watched the video read the comments

couple of factoids for your information

1. Flashblangs / pepper spray / smokers are forms of NON-LETHAL weaponry... In order to carry pepper spray you have it sprayed in your eyes... Same thing with tear gas... it's not a big deal.... The protestors need to suck-it-up.... I garuntee you it hurts LESS than a fire hose and dog bites... and NO I am not comparing you to the civil rights movement... I would feel that would be diminishing the civil Rights movement.

But bottom line... No violence was incited here... The "journalist" is biased against the police... JUST LIKE EVERY OTHER STICKAM REPORTER! Am I the only one getting sick of all the liberal students reporting their bias???

It's a never ending cycle... All this proves is that the police handled themselves well... And this video was spun super well on the MSM... I mean... It was told like it is (protestors being asked to leave, not leaving... things got real)

if you can't stand the heat in the kitchen, go back to your liberal arts degree /rant



posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrNotforhire
Watched the video read the comments

couple of factoids for your information

1. Flashblangs / pepper spray / smokers are forms of NON-LETHAL weaponry... In order to carry pepper spray you have it sprayed in your eyes... Same thing with tear gas... it's not a big deal.... The protestors need to suck-it-up.... I garuntee you it hurts LESS than a fire hose and dog bites... and NO I am not comparing you to the civil rights movement... I would feel that would be diminishing the civil Rights movement.

But bottom line... No violence was incited here... The "journalist" is biased against the police... JUST LIKE EVERY OTHER STICKAM REPORTER! Am I the only one getting sick of all the liberal students reporting their bias???

It's a never ending cycle... All this proves is that the police handled themselves well... And this video was spun super well on the MSM... I mean... It was told like it is (protestors being asked to leave, not leaving... things got real)

if you can't stand the heat in the kitchen, go back to your liberal arts degree /rant


Bollocks.

The reporter MAY be biased against the cops b/c the cops ARE biased against it's own citizens.
This same tactic was done in NY when the police lead over 700 ppl across a bridge, shut down both sides, ordered them to disperse, and then started mass arrests when they couldn't leave due to the barricades.

Are you a cop, or a family member of a cop?

I ask this b/c this mentality of not seeing things as the really ARE has to be put to an end. Cops get away with murder, not self-defense, not "fearing for their life, murder, on a daily basis in this country and almost w/o fail they get away with it.

All this video is showing, as hundreds of others have been shown ad nauseum, is the continuing trend that is happening in america, that no one admits to happening and almost everyone refuses to see.

The ghettos of Warsaw Poland aren't far in the future, whether you believe it or not!

When cops can beat the living crap out of a "suspect" that hasn't raised a hand in self-defense, and get away with it by yelling "stop resisting", and continue to beat him without any REAL disciplinary actions, (Fired, jail time, not stripped of qualified immunity) that doesn't let them THINK they are above the law, that MAKES THEM ABOVE THE LAW.

How many more thousands of videos do we need to see as a country before we "get it"?

~sigh~

My condolences to the OP for his loss.



posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Bollocks.
The protesters weren't lead to a bridge. They chose to "occupy it" even though they were warned not to enter it and offered the change to leave. Instead they locked hands and chanted something like "take the bridge" and by their own choice took the bridge. They were warned that they would get arrested.

[add] Dont expect to see this from the occupiers videos. They conviniently leave this part out:


edit on 13/2/2012 by PsykoOps because: (no reason given)



new topics

top topics



 
39
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

log in

join