It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hypocrisy as a weapon for the elite.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Supporing terroism
criticizing central banks (which do the same thing as americas central bank)
Congress exempt from draconian laws they pass.

Surely no one is unintentionally this hypocritical right?

The benefits of in your face hypocrisy

-Blind loyalty: makes you believe anything a foreign government does is bad, but good when your own government does it, i.e. torture.

-moral high ground at all costs: even if your government is tyrannical, they won't hesitate to call a foreign government a tyrant. Why? Because tyranny is bad, and people want to stop evil things from happening, despite being blinded to their own tyranny, i.e. everything Iran says is propaganda, everything the U.S. says is truth, and you believe this despite it being hypocrisy.

-Two level system, by design, of masters and slaves, debtors and debted, rulers and citizens. Most people believe this while failing to see the hypocrisy: "the president is above the law".

-Label opposition as dangerous: because they are perceived as going against something good, i.e. stopping a foreign tyrant. The hypocrisy is ignored, dismissed, taught that it doesnt exist, ultimately leading to:

-Concealment of hypocrisy: the masses are convinced the hypocrisy is made up lies by the detractors, a hoax, unpatriotic, and this creates an invincible ideal of the goodness of government, unable to do any wrong.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Hypocrisy is not the tool; Fear is the tool.

They do the exact things they say are "Wrong" because they know they can get away with it. People who run governments know that most people of the country will just go along with whatever changes are made because they don't want to upset the status quo. So, they present it in a fearful manner to garner the most support:
[
Government: "We have to go paint their houses before they come to our country and paint our houses!"

Citizens (cheering): "Yes! You go Government! You are keeping us safe from unwarranted painting! But, wait, who's houses are we painting?"

Government: "Anyone who doesn't agree with us about having green houses! If you can't see this, you must not be on our side! Are you a "red house" sympathizer?"

Citizens (cowering): "No, Government, we agree with you. Green houses are the best. Thank you for explaining. Go for it, keep us safe from those red house painters."
]

Realistically, when one believes in one's convictions, hypocrisy is secondary to momentum.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ottobot

I didnt say hypocrisy is the only weapon, just one of their weapons. I agree totally that fear is also one if not the weapon of choice, but eventually the fear is overcome, and the hypocrisy is designed to enrage. Fearful people dont go off to war, but angry people do. Thats why hypocrisy is used to enrage the other side, Iran for instance, to goad them into attacking.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

Some would say that Fear is the root of all Anger.

I suppose it depends on the perspective, but I get what you're saying. That does make sense that they would use hypocrisy as a form of manipulation.

Interesting perspective.

top topics

join