It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ever jolt in your sleep at the EXACT same time as something makes a loud noise in your room?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ALIENslave

Why believe in things like this then disregard mine?

Most of the time I imagine myself in the ocean and just as a shark comes and makes its first bite making me jolt something will clash in the room....

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Funny that you mention it. I had such an experience recently.

I my body jolted and I woke up about 2 milliseconds before my cellphone (I think) made a beeping sound that I've never heard it make before or later.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
This exact thing happened to me. I was dozing off and awoke startled at a loud noise. I walked through the house and everything was fine. I went back to bed and it happened again, as I was dozing off I heard a loud noise, jumped up startled and tried to find it but nothing had changed or happened in the house.

The third time I realized as I was dozing off I was starting to snore. That's all it was, my snoring.

It sucks getting old.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
This happens to me during meditation sometimes

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Yes I have. I'll be right on the edge of sleep and something will make a loud noise and my legs jerk so hard it wakes me back up.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

total sleep paralyses. wait till the 'old hag' holds you down and theres nothing you can do!!! it sux!
waking up to a loud bang that shakes you awake is a totally different thing!!! it sux tooo!

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
yes this happens to me quite a lot, i find the "Bang!" and the "Jolt" are at the exact same time so i'm not jumping in bed from the bang but it's like my brain knows there is going to be a loud noise and compensates for it by jolting me micro seconds before the actual bang. make any sense?

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I've watched this happen repeatedly with my newborn. He begins to startle a fraction of a second before a noise. It's uncanny.

There's research to suggest that, on a subconscious level, we can sense five seconds into the future:

viewzone2.com...

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure it's a natural reaction to your body waking up to a loud noise lol

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
you should look into auras, and meditation. your brain is in a deep state when sleeping, so deep you dont remember it. yes you see dreams now and again, but only a fraction of what you possibly had. so you astral travel or obe of which you dont remember even though it is said everybody does this. this jolt, or spasm is supposedly your soul snapping back to the body. stuff like this is accompanied by loud noises, buzzing or humming, you might have dreams you realize youre having. thats lucid dreaming. your mind is a powerful thing and can do many cool things if you just work it. and rest it once in a while. if you meditate and still it for maybe 20 min a day, it will work wonders on your life and sleeping patterns. i know this because it has for me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join