It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7 Reasons Ants will inherit the Earth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   
This is a pretty funny article about various kinds of ants, and some of their special abilities. It is a very interesting read and the website has a bunch of comedy-style articles that also have some info in them. Hope you enjoy..

There are a couple swears on that website which I hope is O.k. it's all in good fun.

www.cracked.com...

From the article.."Make a list of the people in your life for whom you would take a bullet. Would that list include your spouse? Your kids? Definitely. Your brothers and sisters, and your parents? Most likely. Some close friends? Probably. What about some completely random person you've never met? He's not the same age as you, he went to a different school, you listen to different kinds of music, he hates your haircut. The only thing you share is that you're both humans. Would you take a bullet for him? Would he take one for you? What if there was no bullet to take? Would you be willing kill yourself on the off chance that it might protect some stranger? No. Humans simply aren't like that. But ants? Ants are absolutely like that."

Read more: 7 Reasons Ants Will Inherit the Earth | Cracked.com www.cracked.com...

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   
I for one, welcome our ant overlords.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Lapislazuli

Cracked? Piffle, so 1965. Now the place for internet comedy satire is Uncyclopedia, a site that mirrors wikipedia but with satire twists. So good articles, some horribly written, but their features are worth the trip. As for reasons ants will inherit the earth, what about the cockroaches? Will there be an ant-cockroach war for ultimate supremacy? We shall see.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   
No surprises there, they got no TV, no gossip mags, no school to learn bad stuff, no government that doesn't know what's good for you.

No pleasures in life, no cozy houses to live in, worthless hobbies, fastfood, drugs, alcohol, not even SEX!!

In fact, we do have honorable brethren who are as heroic and live in similarly deprived conditions...

Sometimes you get to think, maybe too much of something is also bad? We got to learn how to share our lives to the less fortunate. It's the only way we can be truly happy in this life. The ants are already showing us how to live!

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Ants are like the janitors of the Earth ^_^

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   
My understanding of an ant colony is that they are all related. This means they ALL have a vested interest in ensuring the colony and by default their genes survive. So infact they 'take the bullet' for their sisters (I think the only males are the drones and their only function is to mate).

Yep the women do all the work so at least in human society men do help .... somewhat.

So of course ants will rule the world. Who cares as long as the males only job is sex.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by murkraz

Me too but with a very large dose of trepidation - in case they know of my crimes against ants as a small child!
"I apologise Supreme High Emperor Ant......no.........please not the giant magnifying glass........."

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by murkraz

I'll second that, they would have to be better than the losers and thieves running the show now.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lapislazuli
This is a pretty funny article about various kinds of ants, and some of their special abilities. It is a very interesting read and the website has a bunch of comedy-style articles that also have some info in them. Hope you enjoy..

There are a couple swears on that website which I hope is O.k. it's all in good fun.

www.cracked.com...

From the article.."Make a list of the people in your life for whom you would take a bullet. Would that list include your spouse? Your kids? Definitely. Your brothers and sisters, and your parents? Most likely. Some close friends? Probably. What about some completely random person you've never met? He's not the same age as you, he went to a different school, you listen to different kinds of music, he hates your haircut. The only thing you share is that you're both humans. Would you take a bullet for him? Would he take one for you? What if there was no bullet to take? Would you be willing kill yourself on the off chance that it might protect some stranger? No. Humans simply aren't like that. But ants? Ants are absolutely like that."

Read more: 7 Reasons Ants Will Inherit the Earth | Cracked.com www.cracked.com...

neat article, ive always had a fascination about ants.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
nahhh, I think cockroaches will take over

good article, but then, I like all sorts of insects, so I guess I am biased

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
When you say 'Ants ' ,I take it you mean humans.We are one and the same

humans /ants?

top topics

join