It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Israel teams with terror group to kill Iran's nuclear scientists, U.S. officials tell NBC

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by InfoKartel

lol they still go by that? people who pay attention know that there are not "real mujahideen" left... just a bunch of paid operatives used to cause dissent.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
kinda reminds ya of 9/11
does it not ????

Israel teams with terror group !!!
could work for either headline.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

I haven't been to one of their gatherings in decades...and wouldn't know if they still do that #. Bunch of lying bastards they are, they're already being punished for being such idiots. Imagine that, you want a free Iran so Iran can progress, and the best way to achieve that is by killing the best and brightest minds. What a bunch of !@#! tools.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
I'm so confused... So is the US snitching on its pimp??

What the hell's going on now, I'm just lost....
America is saying we didn't kill him but we know who did...

edit on 9-2-2012 by Highergrounds because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by truthinfact

I cannot believe they admitted this.

This "leak" is intended as a message to the Israeli government. If Israel takes unilateral military action against Iran, the US will not support it.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
I think what they are doing with this story is trying to get Iran pissed off enough to fire first at Israel- for financing the operations. That way Iran looks like the bad guy, and then Israel gets to use all those bunker busters mailed first class from the US.

Nice play, Zionists. But you are fooling no one. At least not around ATS you're not.

:shk:

In other words, I believe the story is a false flag, done through the usual vague channels of terrorist groups, keeping evidence murky, half believable and half not. Iraq WMD's anyone? More of the usual. Can't you Zionists come up with anything better these days?

edit on Thu Feb 9th 2012 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

The problem is that the highly vaunted bunker buster bombs have recently been shown to be useless against the sort of underground structures these nuclear facilities are now built in within Iran. Probably hence the joining between Israel and the Iranian terror group - can't get them from above so will get them from within.

I am actually wondering though if this news has been released as a sort of public rebuke to Israel - maybe the US thinks Israel is getting a bit above itself and would prefer other options to all out war, so bringing this into the public arena (rather than just suspicion) maybe a way of telling Israel to calm down and not provoke an out and out war.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

In other words, I believe the story is a false flag, done through the usual vague channels of terrorist groups, keeping evidence murky, half believable and half not. Iraq WMD's anyone? More of the usual.

The irony here is that PressTV will never cover this story. There are no dissident groups in Iran. Right, True American?

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

I doubt so.USA and UK are drooling for more war and genocide.Your people and their psychopathic leaders are fantasizing about using WMD on the poor and wretched of the planet.

Its sad.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by mkgandhas

I doubt so.USA and UK are drooling for more war and genocide.Your people and their psychopathic leaders are fantasizing about using WMD on the poor and wretched of the planet.

Whereas chanting "Death to America" is a healthy, peaceful activity. I don't insult the Iranian people the way you insult the American and British, do I?

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Israel has trained , funded and armed terrorists to carry out murder in Iran.

What other countries has this happened in?

This is truly disturbing.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by lacrimaererum

Israel has trained , funded and armed terrorists to carry out murder in Iran.

What other countries has this happened in?

This is truly disturbing.

Suddenly you believe the same people who say Iran is training and arming terrorists in Lebanon, Syria and Palestine. That is truly disturbing.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Interesting, but not surprising. The sophistication of the attacks has long since precluded a domestic actor working alone.

My question is: since Israel must have what it considers good intelligence that these particular scientists are involved in a weaponization program of some kind (otherwise they would have just Osirak'd Iran's facilities like they did Iraq's,) why has the UN routinely failed to turn up this data? Wouldn't Israel share this intel with the security council in Adlai Stevenson fashion?

The only answers I can come up with are: the intel is bogus or at least not concrete yet (as in Iraq) or the intel is of a nature so sensitive that they don't dare risk exposing methods and means. This does give the U.S. plausible deniability of involvement, but that's a little too convenient for me to believe frankly. This has to at least be with our TACIT approval in my opinion.

One hypothesis might be that the perception of an ongoing cold war on a covert level between Israel and Iran might give a stronger impression to the public that Iran must actually have something to hide. Perhaps they want people to ask, "Why else all the cloak and dagger shenanigans if Iran has nothing, after all?" Perhaps that's the greater goal: undermine public opposition to a future conflict by creating a more dangerous and real situation in the public consciousness, but without seeming directly involved.

This is merely speculation, of course.
edit on 2/9/2012 by AceWombat04 because: Typos

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

they are poor,ignorant people on whom the West performs injustices and reign of terror and those are chants of anger and despair .
Sadly ,Western people don't understand the evil in their nations.They love to watch people being mass murdered on Tv by Smart bombs. The only language the West understands is the language of nuclear and biological WMD sadly. West has no qualms in waging war and genocide and Westerners secretly drool of murdering 'hajis' and third worlders as it makes them rich and powerful and gives them celebrity lifestyles.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Somebody in the US got pissed off at someone in Israel.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
The timing of the release of this information is really odd,

Perhaps they want to kill three birds with one stone.

For example

But at least two GOP presidential candidates have no problem with the targeting of nuclear scientists. In a November debate, former House Speaker Newt Gingrich endorsed “taking out their scientists,” and former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum called it, ”a wonderful thing.”

edit on 092929p://bThursday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   

"that is financed, trained and armed by Israel’s secret service, U.S. officials tell NBC News, confirming charges leveled by Iran’s leaders".

"For the United States, the alleged role of the MEK is particularly troublesome"... AND... "if the accounts of the Israeli-MEK assassinations are accurate, the operation borders on terrorism".

"For the United States, the alleged role of the MEK is particularly troublesome"... AND... "if the accounts of the Israeli-MEK assassinations are accurate, the operation borders on terrorism".

So which is it, they are confirming the allegation?
or,
Yet in the same breath questioning their accuracy?

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
It's MSNBC. They are far left and hate Israel. I'd like to see another source confirm this. And if it's true, I'm wondering what on earth could motivate someone in the Obama administration to leak super-secret government information like this. Well ... Obama doesn't like Israel either .... so I guess that could be a motivation.

Seriously though ... I'd like to see it confirmed. And if confirmed ... it confirms what we know .. that different countries work in nefarious ways to their own benefit and they don't care about other countries. No surprise there. Every country is dirty.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by mkgandhas

they are poor,ignorant people on whom the West performs injustices and reign of terror and those are chants of anger and despair

If those people are poor and ignorant, it is the fault of their government. The chants of "Death to America" serve to deflect the anger and despair away from their true perpetrators.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Who controls the financial system? West does.
Did the West orchestrate a coup in Iran in 1953 to loot and plunder it? Yes.

Enough said.Iranian govt is terrified like rabbits of the psychopathic demon worshipping West.The West wants to glass Iran and the poor iranian people are scared.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   

edit on 9-2-2012 by emberscott because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join