It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CPAC Organizers Trying To Avoid Another Ron Paul Straw Poll Win

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   

The organizers of a major conservative conference here over the next three days are trying to widen participation in a straw poll, a not-too-subtle attempt to give a Republican presidential candidate other than Rep. Ron Paul (R-Texas) a chance to win. For the past two years, Paul has won, by large margins, a straw poll of attendees at the annual Conservative Political Action Conference. The results have been something of an embarrassment for CPAC, organized by the American Conservative Union, which comes from a more traditional conservative point of view than Paul's libertarian-tinged version. This year, the American Conservative Union and CPAC are moving from paper ballots to electronic voting that will be accessible from a computer or a handheld device,

Wait.......what?

Ron Paul's success in their last two straw polls has been "embarrassing" for the CPAC?

Well.....we can't have THAT now can we?! The CPAC must take action to prevent further embarrassment!

Obviously, in the past, it's been somewhat compromised because only a third of the people who attend voted," Cardenas said in an interview. "It used to be a fairly cumbersome process because you had to do it manually. Now, for the first time this year we're instituting an electronic vote. "So people can vote through Saturday afternoon, and before, that wasn't the case," he said. "And we're hoping that instead of having a third of those in attendance vote, we'll have two-thirds or more vote." More than 10,000 people are expected to attend, Cardenas said. He said that he wasn't "worried" that Paul would win the straw poll for a third year in a row.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

So now, for the FIRST TIME THIS YEAR, they are instituting an electronic vote. They say this will ensure more "participation" in the straw poll. The American Conservative Union's president, Al Cardenas says now he isn't "worried" that Ron Paul would win the straw poll for a third year in a row.

Aren't you glad they fixed that problem? I mean, drastic times require drastic measures, right?

Just when I think these U.S. elections can't get more absurd, the CPAC comes along and gives the word "absurdity" a whole new meaning.

I suspect the "new electronic voting method" ensures more than just more "voter participation." Take that however you want.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   

I suspect the "new electronic voting method" ensures more than just more "voter participation." Take that however you want.
reply to post by NightGypsy

No kidding! All the easier to tweak the results.. And how the hell does the huffington post get away with such a headline? Non-biased? I think not...

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by rstregooski

No kidding! All the easier to tweak the results.. And how the hell does the huffington post get away with such a headline? Non-biased? I think not...

I think the whole article is bizarre, period...especially the part where this Cardenas character says now he won't be "worried" that Ron Paul will win for a third year in a row.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Well they just answered a question I had:
"Are the electronic ballots able to be fixed, or rigged?"

"Yes.
Because if the straw polls don't turn out they way we want, we'll switch to electronic.
The electronic ballots are much easier to rig....err, I mean, count..."

Truly shows what pieces of trash are in these positions.
Embarrassing that Paul is winning every straw poll?
To me, that is telling of who the people actually want in office.
Instead of actually telling you that the people want Dr. Paul...
They say it's "embarrassing"?
Good grief.

Talk about pathetic politicans.
These idiots need rooted out.
Or it's just going to be poly-ticks as usual.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
It is becoming starkly clear that Republicans really have a problem with this whole voting concept. Sometimes the results are not what you convince yourself they are. It also explains why they are so concerned with vote fraud they seem to accept fraud as the norm.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Straw Polls never translate to real votes so who cares.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Ohhh boy, here they come.
I can hear them coming now. The usual suspects.
You know who they are.
They get their emails alerting them that someone has started a RP thread.
They'll be here any minute trashing,derailing,hating, spouting propaganda, anti RP rhetoric.
"Unelectable"lol/

I just can't beleive I finally beat them for once.

Go Ron Go.
The more he hangs in there, the harder their jobs are getting.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Don't really need any anti-paul rhetoric, the truth is enough. If you believe he has a chance of winning the primary than more power to you. His message simply did not resonate with the voters.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
In my opinion, this is PROOF that they are using electronic voting mechanisms to change the numbers in a way that they see fit!

If they are admitting it at CPAC, where else is this being done?

Crap, absolute crap...and people should be outraged at their audacity!

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
In my opinion, this is PROOF that they are using electronic voting mechanisms to change the numbers in a way that they see fit!

If they are admitting it at CPAC, where else is this being done?

Crap, absolute crap...and people should be outraged at their audacity!

You don't believe there is any chance that people simply did not like his stances on the issues?

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Kenrichaed

Sure, that's a definite possibility! But why write an article like this, and word it the way they did unless Ron Paul's victory poses a problem for CPAC and the Republicans?

They deliberately made a point to make comments saying that Ron Paul would not win the next CPAC...even though he has a history of winning.

That doesn't throw a red flag for you?

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247

Sure, that's a definite possibility! But why write an article like this, and word it the way they did unless Ron Paul's victory poses a problem for CPAC and the Republicans?

They deliberately made a point to make comments saying that Ron Paul would not win the next CPAC...even though he has a history of winning.

That doesn't throw a red flag for you?

Not at all. Winning a straw poll is not a threat to them. Bachmann won the Iowa straw poll and it did nothing for her. Paul won straw polls last time he ran for President and it didn't help him. Straw polls are stacked by whoever can get the most supporters there and is not representative of the nation as a whole.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   

I can sympathize with that position but considering that this is an election year, the other candidates are trading state primaries left and right and even the MSM is still looking for the "real" candidate......RP is a serious threat!

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Well in 2008 it was similar to today with Huckabee and Mccain trading states yet Paul never became a factor. I don't see all that much that's changed to make him do better this time. He's still preaching the same message he did back then and I have seen no indications that American views have changed.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Well if you believe the Anti Paul crowd, Paul supporters are all hackers with amazing skills to flood electronic votes. Have you ever seen an online poll? Paul wins every time. So if people can vote from hand held devices, wouldnt those pesky Ron Paul spam poll hacker types just flood this one as well?

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Sorry to be a little off topic but are you by any chance Outcast Searcher using a different account
Just asking

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kenrichaed
Well in 2008 it was similar to today with Huckabee and Mccain trading states yet Paul never became a factor. I don't see all that much that's changed to make him do better this time. He's still preaching the same message he did back then and I have seen no indications that American views have changed.

Then, if that is the case.....why does the CPAC feel the need to change their voting method this year hoping it will prevent a Ron Paul win? I agree that these straw polls are not exactly reliable indicators of how the election will play out, so I don't understand the need to go to such lengths....and I especially don't understand the blatant admission of the CPAC's intentions by the spokesperson.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Very blatant indeed to say that they are trying to prevent a Ron Paul win I mean can this election cycle get any more surreal,its almost as if they are rubbing it in the faces of the public,( You'll vote who we tell you to vote for )
Something will have to give soon the GOP are on thin ice and they face complete ruin if they stay on this tact

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Nice OP , NightGypsy !! Good to see someone on top of this !! Keep up the good work !!
RON PAUL 2012 !!

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kenrichaed
Don't really need any anti-paul rhetoric, the truth is enough. If you believe he has a chance of winning the primary than more power to you. His message simply did not resonate with the voters.

roflma......"did not resonate with the voters"........watch much MSM do you????

post again, but use your own big words and not the sound bytes that you have been programmed to use.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join