It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

News Blackout in the UK - why

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by tanser

I hate to say this - but we have to remember that at this point the people on trial are ALLEGED offenders. However, as I stated a few minutes ago, assuming the case is proved, then yes, I'm all for seeing the full weight of the law applied

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup

Originally posted by Maxine1969

Some patriotic groups such as the BNP and the EDL

Yeah.... you lost me there...

They are patriotic. No one ever suggested that being a patriot was always something you'd like.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

reply to post by LeBombDiggity

a quick Google defines patriotism: "on a generalized sense applicable to all countries and peoples, patriotism is a devotion to one's country."

If you want to debate whether or not the EDL are a Patriotic group then may I suggest you start a new thread on this topic? I'd be happy to contribute to it

They are also racist, and religiously bigoted groupings, and the religious aspect is not confined to being just anti-Islam. It just shows how cocked-up and ignorant they are.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

reply to post by lacrimaererum

I certainly wasn't advocating "Muslim bashing" I wanted to discuss the issue of "selective reporting" or what appeared to be a blackout in the mainstream media regarding an issue of public concern - whether the defendants being Muslim has a bearing on that is a possibility, but thats not "muslim bashing"

there is very clearly muslim bashing in this thread.

this story is being covered by the by the main newspapers and news channels.

How the hell is this a media blackout???

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Why are you using a religion to try and overthrow the opinion of others?

Just because the accused are Muslim, how do you get to the conclusion that people are Muslim bashing?

I'm sorry but people are allowed to comment on a crime INVOLVING Muslims, just as with any creed, religion, club, faction of society. They aren't been singled out, they are simply the accused, so how are people supposed to refer to them?

Or have I completely missed the point?!

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by tanser
Why are you using a religion to try and overthrow the opinion of others?

Just because the accused are Muslim, how do you get to the conclusion that people are Muslim bashing?

I'm sorry but people are allowed to comment on a crime INVOLVING Muslims, just as with any creed, religion, club, faction of society. They aren't been singled out, they are simply the accused, so how are people supposed to refer to them?

Or have I completely missed the point?!

Particularly when the category in question is a matter of choice and the people involved use it as a way to cover their psychological butts, it is absolutely salient.

Thou Art Allowed To Use Thine Brain. Rock On.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

I appologize for my OP being worded badly. I have checked the sources carefully, and the wording is indeed "... Liverpool Crown Court [today] where 11 of the 47 strong "Operation Matrix" muslim paedophile gang are being tried." I misquoted, and I'm in the wrong for that.

It seems that you are not the only one, even one page that I have saved of the BNP'S website lumps all 47 men together in court, and in fact makes it a "first in british history" funny that, innit!

Of course I don't suppose that Shane Whalley..burger, (the Welshman) made the trip to Liverpool. Yes people should be concerned about the children affected, more than anything else, yet you sought to include these violent groupings, who have ties to violence which may have caused death to innocents, as being concerned citizens. I think that is disgusting.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxine1969

I am in England down South and I've not heard anything. Not even a whisper about this; to confirm your statement.

But maybe its not a bad idea.. wouldn't want half of England rushing up North. The country would fall apart ! haha.
I dont normally agree with media blackouts but maybe this one isnt such a bad idea? Not hearing about Ron Paul NOT AT ALL on English tv, now that is a shame!

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

During the Victorian Age and early 20th century, mining practices were slow and cumbersome. Yes they did mine and take from the land, but they did that with Australia too, in fact the largest gold deposits were found here and all sucked dry by the British. However, that's in the past so there's nothing we can do. Africa wasn't the only place they took from.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Um, no, there is no Muslim bashing on here. This thread is about a media blackout on reporting paedophiles (which happen to be Muslim). It seems your trying to make a connection between the two, so what does that say about you?

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
They are patriotic. No one ever suggested that being a patriot was always something you'd like.

Actually you do have a fair point.

Thanks.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a sad indictment of where our society and media are at is the fact that a football manager resigning has pushed all other news off the mainstream channels - last night sky news were running continous coverage of capello resigning all night long - but the spiralling events in Homs,Syria was just a footnote to be sandwiched in between more football news and the weather report.

bread and circus's , they have us dumbed down to the levels of cattle.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
O.P , can I ask you how this trial was brought to your attention ? Do you regularly visit right wing sites ?
If so , I have to question your motives for posting this thread !

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I object to the fact that the MSM are redacting this story , what the hell do we pay our taxes for
whatever creed ,religion the offenders are ,I want the information on mainstream news outlets , the UK media gave over 30 minutes to the latest euro lottery winners , yawn , yawn I want news
I understand the ramifications regarding the religion and creed of the offenders ...........so We are treated like sheeple more and more

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Droidinvoid
I object to the fact that the MSM are redacting this story , what the hell do we pay our taxes for
whatever creed ,religion the offenders are ,I want the information on mainstream news outlets , the UK media gave over 30 minutes to the latest euro lottery winners , yawn , yawn I want news
I understand the ramifications regarding the religion and creed of the offenders ...........so We are treated like sheeple more and more

How can you object when you don't even know the validity of the story ? Or do you go through life objecting for objectings sake ?

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by dawnprince
O.P , can I ask you how this trial was brought to your attention ? Do you regularly visit right wing sites ?
If so , I have to question your motives for posting this thread !

I do. Do you have a problem with that, or am I only allowed to read from sources that you approve of?

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by dawnprince

February 6th, Liverpool Crown Court. I have just got a friend to verify the court case . The links are all right wing outlets that are available for all to find on the net , I am not condoning any of the racist rhetoric on these sites, my friend works in Liverpool , I am interested in facts not right wing ideology ....period. My friend is in no way connected to any far right group.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
...am I only allowed to read from sources that you approve of?

Thou shalt not consider an unapproved viewpoint.
Thou shalt only listen to music approved by the central party.
Thou shalt stick thy fingers in thy ears and hum when taboo subjects are raised.
etc. etc. etc.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jace26

Um, no, there is no Muslim bashing on here. This thread is about a media blackout on reporting paedophiles (which happen to be Muslim). It seems your trying to make a connection between the two, so what does that say about you?

If there is no 'Muslim bashing' here, why should the OP have pointed out in posts the attendance of extreme groupings in or outside the court, while describing them as patriot groupings. It's the same thing as you say, so technically you can ask what is the connection beween patriots and paedophiles. So WTF was BNP there for, to sell ice cream? The OP has already made an error no, a big error in the initial post and has apologised for that, while still describing it as a special operation that would include more than those that appeared in court on the 9th.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

As I said previously - they are patriots. Nobody said that you'd always like patriots.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join