It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

News Blackout in the UK - why

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
It would be good if someone could go to the court and take tons of pics and try to capture the suspects going into the court, these people need to be NAMED & SHAMED!

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxine1969

Some patriotic groups such as the BNP and the EDL

Yeah.... you lost me there...

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
There is clearly not a news black out on this story. It is receiving widespread coverage.

Can someone (preferably the OP) please explain where the figure for 47 people has come from?

All the stories seem to be referring to a gang of 11 men.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by lacrimaererum

The gang of paedophiles numbered 47, of which only 11 are currently being tried. It's in one of the links - Digital Journal I think.

Rat

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

I appologize for my OP being worded badly. I have checked the sources carefully, and the wording is indeed "... Liverpool Crown Court [today] where 11 of the 47 strong "Operation Matrix" muslim paedophile gang are being tried." I misquoted, and I'm in the wrong for that.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxine1969

However I stand by my original comments - it does seem that the mainstream media are operating under a blackout which has not been the case when other trials have been in progress. If the argument is that prior reporting will prejudice a fair trial, then there are many trials which should not have been reported whilst they were in progress, why is this trial different?

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
"Some patriotic groups such as the BNP and the EDL" ... shurely shome mishtake in the OP ?

Some # stirring racist bastards, you meant instead ?

I'm sure you did, you're an ATS contributor, you can't support those people, can you ?

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by LeBombDiggity

I think your comments are a bit off the point? Think they need discussing elsewhere?

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxine1969

seems to be a good few posts off-point.

thread seems to be more about muslim bashing than anything else.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
A difficult and emotive subject.

One of the basic tenets of British society is the freedom of the press.
But so is' innocent until proven guilty'.
And would the accused be guaranteed a fair trial if this was publicised?
I for one genuinely don't know.

The judiciary sometimes ban reporting on sensitive cases until the outcome, this is by no means unique.

I know for a fact there has been two cases in the past year or so where The Police have requested that the local newspaper in my hometown, a nationally renowned publication by the way, not to report a case where a group of Eastern Europeans had gang raped two girls in seperate attacks and the activities of a group of Asian men who were attacking women walking home alone at night.

The public deserved to be made aware of these hideous crimes so as to act accordingly.

Now I understand that any publicity could easily have made the guilty parties aware of the police investigations and they could then easily flee back to their country of origin etc before apprehension.
I also understand that it most probably would have resulted in innocent people being targetted by those seeking retribution etc.

But what about the public having a right to know what is going on in their own town / country etc.
And what about the safety of women?

Would The Police have made the same requests if it was gangs of white British carrying out these horrific attacks?

There is still a complete news blackout on these two stories.

No easy answer....me, I lean towards the right to know, but.....?

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
There are 10 men collectively going to trial at Liverpool. There are also other cases going on, and there seems to be no suggestion that those other cases are related in any thing other than the subject matter. Some of the other cases have been covered. The Law pages.com details all the cases, I'd rather you look yourself rather than a link from here. It's quite obvious the the BNP is fabricating the 47 men trial as a singular entity.
edit on 9-2-2012 by smurfy because: Correction.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

I certainly wasn't advocating "Muslim bashing" I wanted to discuss the issue of "selective reporting" or what appeared to be a blackout in the mainstream media regarding an issue of public concern - whether the defendants being Muslim has a bearing on that is a possibility, but thats not "muslim bashing"

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

I think your comments are a bit off the point? Think they need discussing elsewhere?

I don't think so at all. You wrote that ... "Some patriotic groups such as the BNP and the EDL".

Patriotic ? You obviously define patriotism by the ability to create mayhem by stirring up racial hatred and religious intolerance., shame on you.

And shame on everyone else in this thread for not even challenging this person.

3 pages and I'm the first person to call her out. 3 pages. And my native language isn't even English.

What is this forum becoming ?

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Let's just hope the truth is uncovered, and justice is properly served, regardless of nationality or religion.

And let's also hope that the real details do come out in due course, and punishment of those guilty is sufficient to be a deterrent to all other budding, evil predators. There aren't the words to express my disgust and horror at what some people are capable of. They need to be stopped.
edit on 9-2-2012 by Toffeeapple because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeBombDiggity

I don't think so at all. You wrote that ... "Some patriotic groups such as the BNP and the EDL".

Patriotic ? You obviously define patriotism by the ability to create mayhem by stirring up racial hatred and religious intolerance., shame on you.

And shame on everyone else in this thread for not even challenging this person.

3 pages and I'm the first person to call her out. 3 pages. And my native language isn't even English.

What is this forum becoming ?

No need for outing, consulting a member's profile is often enough to know what is relevant.
edit on 9-2-2012 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

I think ,'Patriotic Groups', is what they label themselves as, rather than it being the OP's opinion.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

I suppose whether they are viewed as 'patriotic groups' or not would very much depend on one's viewpoint.

No doubt they view themselves as being patriotic just the same as Madame Le Pen views her National Front party as being representative of French patriotism.

That you and I may have different opinions is irrelevant.

And I would summise that the reason no-one mentioned it is because it's not the topic under discussion and people don't want to derail the thread.

I could easily be wrong though.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

a quick Google defines patriotism: "on a generalized sense applicable to all countries and peoples, patriotism is a devotion to one's country."

If you want to debate whether or not the EDL are a Patriotic group then may I suggest you start a new thread on this topic? I'd be happy to contribute to it

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Toffeeapple

thankyou - I think we can all agree that paedophile activity is an abhorrent criminal act and that where the case is proven, justice should take it's course. (ie punishment handed down by the courts)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I think people are missing the point here, rather then concentrate on the groups of people in attendance why don't you just think about the cause?

We're talking about a large group of paedophiles who have taken the innocence and purity out of these children.

Yes, talk about religion, talk about the EDL, the BNP. It really doesn't matter, you are forgetting the real reasons here and this is exactly why this country is a joke.

I hope they get locked up and that the key is thrown away.

Not because they are Muslims but because of this appalling, disgusting crime.... religion or creed has no relevance here.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join