It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biggest Conspiracy of 2012 : FACEBOOK ... It is time you close your account

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude
reply to post by LeSigh

If a person does a crime such as write insults about Islam in a country that enforces that crime, it makes no matter weather he wrote on a wall, on facebook or in a real book. Why say one medium is so much worse? Real wall taggers get caught all the time. Don't commit crimes on facebook and you will be allright. As far as hackers, they can have my consumer info.

Some things should absolutely not be crimes anywhere, but especially on the internet. This scenario is case in point. Facebook is an American company that pandered to the demands of another country, so they could prosecute someone who is likely already persecuted for not being Muslim (as there are numerous examples of such incidents in said country). It's a violation of his human rights- and he is a prisoner of conscience.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Is the original poster employed by MySpace, opps I mean My_____? Must be a slow day for the tin-foil hat wearers.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Hey hey hey hey I don't even know what's going on here.. It must be the CIA NAZI JEWS !!!111

Pssst, they use electricity now too!!!!

Zutenberg, Zach? Who is this imposter?

Ol'e zuck was a tosser long before facebook came about, but that's a story for the Movie section

On a side note, I've got a sneaking suspicion that people who build houses work for the government. I mean, they always put Windows in. And you just know someone's able to spy on you, if you're using a window. Even if you shut it. They can *STILL* see in! Why would they need to spy on us like that? We should all board up our windows, in protest of this obvious government cia jew nazi NWO freemason conspiracy to watch us all the time.

You know, windows are a strange thing...

if it's raining, and you're standing inside looking out, everything is pensive...

But if it's raining, and you're standing on the outside looking in, everything is Creepy...

Windows... and facebook.. oh my.
edit on 9-2-2012 by mainidh because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluedrake

Originally posted by Ben81
Everyone needs to close their FB accounts
if you like having a FB account to chat with friends that are far away from you
tell them to register to ATS .. its the same thing and even better here
for many reasons

Ha ha ha ha your joking right, its no safer here. You think they cant track what you saying on this site, or in your private messages. They more likely to see what your saying on here, rather than facebook.

Seriously if you dont want to be spied on then get off the internet

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I use facebook , ATS , flickr ,as well well as one or two smaller UK social networking sites and wouldn't dream of closing any of the fore mentioned sites on the advice of a paranoid individual .
Lighten up folks , If you were a genuine threat to national security , you wouldn't be reading this . Carry on happily interacting and don't let some fool sway you .

Usually the people who protest against invasion of privacey are the people with something to hide !!!

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
The one big problem I see with FB is that people on there forget that they are on the internet.

And there are a LOT of crazy people on the internet. Name it...

Pedophiles

Thieves

Hackers

Killers

Fraudsters

Trouble Makers

and your average daily psychopath...

Now, on FB. People happily share their being gone on vacation from such a date to such a date...they mention if they live alone...they brag about having a lot of money...where they work...what they believe in...what they enjoy...and a lot and I mean A LOT of personal information...

TMI !!!

I find THAT way more dangerous than having a government agency spying on it. As a matter of fact, I HOPE that some government agency actually keeps an eye ( or both or many thousands) on what goes on in FB.

I have a FB account. I go there about once a year to wish a Merry Xmas. Period.

FB is Heaven for predators. That is the conspiracy.

S&F Ben !

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonoftheSun
The one big problem I see with FB is that people on there forget that they are on the internet.

And there are a LOT of crazy people on the internet. Name it...

Pedophiles

Thieves

Hackers

Killers

Fraudsters

Trouble Makers

and your average daily psychopath...

Now, on FB. People happily share their being gone on vacation from such a date to such a date...they mention if they live alone...they brag about having a lot of money...where they work...what they believe in...what they enjoy...and a lot and I mean A LOT of personal information...

TMI !!!

I find THAT way more dangerous than having a government agency spying on it. As a matter of fact, I HOPE that some government agency actually keeps an eye ( or both or many thousands) on what goes on in FB.

I have a FB account. I go there about once a year to wish a Merry Xmas. Period.

FB is Heaven for predators. That is the conspiracy.

S&F Ben !

This is pure fearmongering . There are options on FB to prevent your personal info becomming public knowledge . If I were you , I would worry more about the info you put into your garbage can !

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by dawnprince

Pure fearmongering??

Really...??

And you think a lot of people do use the option?

You think that the teens that add friends of friends of friends check everyone's credentials before they do???

Wow...

However, I do agree with you that garbage cans is another info gathering tool that people overlook.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
"Me neither i dont care being spied on
there is camera everywhere i walk and work"

-OP

??

Then what is the point of this thread? First you said "delete your FB", then you said "no, wait, don't start a FB because the information you share will never really go away". People with brains know when they sign up for a social networking site- any site- that they are offering personal information, with the possibility of being "watched" by... "someone".
*Disclaimer: I'm not saying you don't have brains. I'm saying all of us with brains ARE aware.*
I read this thread because I thought it was going to bring to light some interesting new material- something specific and valid. All of a sudden I'm reading "the Onion" and hearing about "evil Jews". Come on, dude.
You can permanently delete your FB, just check out the link on the guy with the foil hat's post- maybe page 2 or 3 of this thread. I know, because I deleted mine after having it for a few months. Not because I was scared of the man, but because it proved to be a stupid waste of my time.
On the internet, it's comletely up to the individual to decide how much information they want to share. We need to take responsibility for what we put out there, and everybody's different. I write whatever I want, wherever I want to, because I'm not doing or saying anything wrong.
If you're this worried about FB, I suggest you smash your computer and your cell phone, cut up your credit cards, burn your SS card, birth certificate AND fingertips, and head for the hills. Or, you could just keep enjoying the internet until they shut it downforus. Whichever path you choose, remember this: The Onion is a joke. It's funny, it makes me laugh... but it's not a valid source for serious conversation.

Have a peaceful day.
edit on 9-2-2012 by atomsapple because: Post didn't turn out with OP's quote in grey box so I fixed it to the best of my ability.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
Is it me of Mark Zutenberg is a jew ?
it wouldnt be coincidential at all
they literaly control everything now

Facebook
US Congress
The White House
United Nation
Hollywood
Media
Coca Cola and many other big industry

Zionist are part of the masson and illuminati NWO
this is what scares me .. why do they control everything
and Israel was just born 60 yrs ago

Hitler technically predicted the future

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Haha Facebook...
I made allot of people quit FB.
I had a fake account and it ended up with them wanting a picture of my ID.
Never went back.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Why bring attention to yourself? Have an account and simply say on there what an authoritarian regime would want you to. I know plenty people who do that.
Just be careful when you're drunk!

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by dawnprince
I use facebook , ATS , flickr ,as well well as one or two smaller UK social networking sites and wouldn't dream of closing any of the fore mentioned sites on the advice of a paranoid individual .
Lighten up folks , If you were a genuine threat to national security , you wouldn't be reading this . Carry on happily interacting and don't let some fool sway you .

Usually the people who protest against invasion of privacey are the people with something to hide !!!

Really? You've done a study? Please site some research numbers, or is it that you simply feel this to be the case based on the deficient basis of your assertion which is that privacy is about hiding a wrong! Why not just say, "IMO." Because in MY opinion you have no idea what you are talking about, and those who protest against the invasion of privacy are people who realize that privacy is one of the only rights that protect us from those in power!

As far as the 'nothing to hide' argument? Those who are in power make the rules and can abuse that power. You may not have anything to hide now, but what about when the rules are changed to target a specific group or behavior? History ( and this website everyday) is wrought with examples and YOU my friend may just one day become a statistic.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I seen that top video years ago,you are putting a lot of private details at risk some fb user even have there full name address and post code and mobile number on their profile.and in the u.k debt collectors have started posting demands for money on peoples walls. Facebook is safe as long as you be careful what you do.i do also find it strange why i sometimes just randomly visit facebook.for no reason what so ever.maybe it is due to some sort of subliminal lol.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I know where you got this.

THE ONION!

Still more truth than fiction though...

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I deleted my facebook a few hours ago there, because there is less privacy than what there used to be. The fact that the company is going public is just gonna make things worse. The whole timeline issue was pretty annoying too. Too many bad decisions more useless features, more glitches. It was better when it first started, a lot simpler and easier to manage, then it just became stressfull. I'm glad I've deleted it. I definitley won't miss it.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
FB is #e its just an excuse to create a reason to share some more inane useless and time wasting information.Its a life stealer,i dumped #BOOK and got a life a few years back

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

The internet is one big tracking cookie. That shouldn't be a surprise. If millions of users go to a certain source those who have the servers are going to track your every move.

So just let it all out. I think the internet should require users licenses like a drivers license but everybody who applies for one must pose completely nude

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I'd rather get my news from the ONION News Network, than CBS, MSN of FOX!

At least I KNOW for sure that's it all MADE UP, where as with those other networks, it makes my brain hurt trying to sort the wheat from the chaff!

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I beg to differ with the title. It is Definitely Not the biggest conspiracy of 2012. As many as 4 years ago there has been plenty of reporting on the news regarding “Social Network Spying”. In fact, Employers had started to use Facebook and MySpace as a research tool to investigate employees as well as future candidates when they found out their personal information was public. The best part is, everyone can’t help but to post everything about their personal lives on the internet.
The WEB is a Really Super Powerful tool. AND, it is the People whom have empowered it. Where do you suspect all of the info is coming from? Anyone who posts anything on the Internet is adding to the LARGEST wealth of knowledge on the planet. Imagine that out of 7 billion people on the planet, 2 billion people posted information of Any kind daily. That is a HUGE database. A Large portion of it is personal data.
So, why do we do it to ourselves?
At one time, a private investigator had to actually do his job to get paid. Now, all he has to do is roll over and get out of bed, get a beer, and get is ass over to that computer cause he’s got to get to work.
Make note of Google’s notice last week. They are basically saying that ANY info you put through their servers is going to be recorded for prosperity and used in a manner they see fit.

If you have never read the book by George Orwell called 1984 you really owe it to yourself to get up to date with the times.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join