It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biggest Conspiracy of 2012 : FACEBOOK ... It is time you close your account

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
Some say that ATS is a CIA front ?
clearly you dont know anything about a real CIA front site

Facebook is the single most powerfull tool for population control ever created.
-Mark Zuckerberg, "the Overlord"

While I do not necessarily disagree with the tone of this thread, I find it a bit disappointing that you begin your original post with a false quote from a comedy show. I'm betting my bollocks to a barndance that quote is not real.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
The thing is surely its only those up to no good that dont want to be spied on? I mean most people i know who use facebook tell the world who they are where they are, when they are visiting toilets etc anyway. I think that its up to the individual and besides no one is getting forced to share details.

What i do have a problem with in regard to facebook is dumb ass parents allowing kids on facebook. I would say a big NO NO and should have something done about it. Parents who knowingly allow their children access when they know for a fact they are not the specified age should receive a slap. Total stupidity. Facebook owners should do something about this and perhaps raise the age to 18.

How many of you know people that allow under the specified required age to use FB?
Its ridiculous.

However that been said i think Facebook has its benefits and the negative side of things but hey. Its about balance.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Or just use a open source technology like IRC, which has been around since 90s.

I really dont understand why most people these days have to use a propriety service like facebook, when there are free/open alternatives out there that are much more secure.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
my internet is not your internet is not the "old" internet anymore....everyone has his own matrix now....

glad i never joind failbook, did my research how to be "stealth"/avoid been tracked by marketing (letter agencys (FB^^) get their information anyway, i just dont want to be a slave for the marketing industrie) in the net and do not use google (if i have to at least outlogged in SSL...)
edit on 9-2-2012 by Hessdalen because: mindcontrol

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by juleol

because IRC did not have a huge marketing campain, is not easy to use (like failbook) and does not have these fancy options...

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by SergeantTrammelant

You really want secure communication while being able to stay in touch with your friends? Write a letter by hand and mail it to your friends using USPS. It's still a felony to tamper with someones mail, last time I checked.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
installing wappalyzer may just confirme ATS is conspiracy

edit on 9-2-2012 by m83x1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Saying the $h!t I do on Facebook; the fact that I'm still a free man is amazing if you consider Facebook a FBI/CIA front. Do I suspect my status updates and pictures are being monitored? Sure, but no more than they are here on ATS, Twitter, or just my regular email account(s).
Facebook wasn't designed as a privacy mole; it was designed as a marketing cash cow, which is going public and about to be one of the largest companies on Earth. With the millions upon millions of users across the globe, of course the CIA, FBI, and NSA are going to be tracking for key words and images on the net.

I hope they're tracking for code words too, otherwise what's the point.

"I'm at the restaurant. The cheeseburger has arrived."

I mean, it's not like terrorists are using facebook for open activity.

Mubar: "The bomb is at its destination. lol"
Likes 77

edit on 9-2-2012 by FugitiveSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Gosh-rasicm, paranoia, it's all happening today!!

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
im not afraid of FB for a few reasons:

A) They already know and can find you just by simply using public record/info that is freely available...
B) There are tons of new sites that make money selling your public record/info...so deleteing FB isn't making you "safer" or "harder to find"
C) If they want you, they will get you PERIOD...NOT having a facebook account isn't going to be your saving grace...
D) You cannot control your friends/family and whether not they have one and post a picture with them and/or YOU in it...

All though I do agree that the CIA and FBI and DHS are involved in facebook, I don't see how not having a FB is making it impossible for them to find you. FB second in charge was at the bilgerberg meetings, so was top US officials...so no DUH FB isn't an innocent social platform...its much more...

I guess I just don't see the point in deleteing my FB account (which I RARELY use anyhow)...im not suddenly "off" the internet grid by doing so.

edit on 9-2-2012 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I have a FB account but I never use it. When I first made my FB account a couples years ago I liked it at first but it wasn't long before I found it boring, that and people I know post stupid crap or worse, things that shouldn't be posted on FB! For example, I have a female cousin who was in college post her drunken sexual escapades on FB. You gotta be kidding me!

Yeah, FB blows. I've been done with it.
edit on 9-2-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by FugitiveSoul
Saying the $h!t I do on Facebook; the fact that I'm still a free man is amazing if you consider Facebook a FBI/CIA front. Do I suspect my status updates and pictures are being monitored? Sure, but no more than they are here on ATS, Twitter, or just my regular email account(s).
Facebook wasn't designed as a privacy mole; it was designed as a marketing cash cow, which is going public and about to be one of the largest companies on Earth. With the millions upon millions of users across the globe, of course the CIA, FBI, and NSA are going to be tracking for key words and images on the net.

I hope they're tracking for code words too, otherwise what's the point.

"I'm at the restaurant. The cheeseburger has arrived."

I mean, it's not like terrorists are using facebook for open activity.

Mubar: "The bomb is at its destination. lol"
Likes 77

Ok maybe for now .. it is just a spy/tracking system and they probably
have a folder for each account with some key words that saved the comments
i just dont trust this site .. i know what people are capable of
they can use anything on anyone at anytime .. and can track you easy with it

Remember in the old days .. we were carefull .. not to give real info on the net
now everyone puts all their real data that can confirm an identity of anyone in a mather of seconds
and the government know that .. its probably one of their best spy tool yet

So people who disagree with the thread .. shouldnt underestimate the power that FaceBook have
we are still living mostly free for now .. but if Obama pass new police states laws
he will required the total database of anyone who ever signed in on FB
and anyone who even disagree with them .. will be labelled futur terrorist
and they could arrest anyone for more then 48hrs for even a FB comments
it is coming... so everyone needs to be carefull and stop registering to FB
since we cant delete any info we put there
edit on 2/9/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by N3k9Ni
Facebook isn't CIA or Illuminati (which doesn't exist) and the government had nothing to do with creating it.

It's just an obnoxious site created by an obnoxious little twit for people to post obnoxious comments to each other.

If someone has to tell you to not post your name, address, age, social security number, or pictures of you, your kids, your dog, your street, your house, your mailbox and list everyone you know and that you are going on vacation for a week with the date and time you're leaving, you shouldn't be on Facebook in the first place.

Zuckerberg rambles on during video excerpts from the interview, watch the young CEO collapse under intense questioning and sweat over your privacy issues ?

www.youtube.com...

Goldman Sachs and facebook

www.youtube.com...

edit on 9-2-2012 by prettylittleidiot because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
This is quite the issue but honestly, let them track me all they want. I've got nothing to hide from anyone. I'm an expressive individual being of this planet and will say anything I saw and feel anything I want. I hope they find me. :/ They can't randomly start offing people, it'll look too suspicious anyway. That's why I speak out about a lot of conspiracy theories freely, because you can't let them know you're afraid of them or they'll be in control forever. It's best to devote your life and your life's mission to the greater good.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
... but if Obama pass new police states laws
he will required the total database of anyone who ever signed in on FB
and anyone who even disagree with them .. will be labelled futur terrorist
and they could arrest anyone for more then 48hrs for even a FB comments
it is coming... so everyone needs to be carefull and stop registering to FB
since we cant delete any info we put there.

They can technically arrest me for the amount of groceries I buy, the way I store my ammo, the fact that I use cash over wasting necessary money on debit fees and credit interests. What I do on facebook is of little issue to me. I know that society is being set up to use any means to detain any American or tourist at any time for any number of reasons. If they can lock me up for owning several weeks worth of food, then what good does it do to close my facebook account? If I can be put away for keeping my ammo weatherproofed, because who wouldn't weatherproof ammo, then what am I doing by closing my facebook account? If the government can track my IP address to see what I'm saying on ATS, in emails, or on MSNBC's comments section, or to track my google searches, then what's the point of closing my facebook account?

There are a thousand reasons they can lock us up, facebook being very low on that list. I can't see severing that avenue for spreading information. What I say may get me locked up, but not before I've alerted several hundred people to the news first. The day may come when what you say on Facebook can get you sent to a camp to be tortured and killed. The day that that happens....

...my last status update will read: "There are men in black surrounding my house. Save yourselves.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Found a disturbing article that is very recent
this is just the start

Its not only the government spying on us on FB that we need to be afraid
but also the one you come in contact

It is not safe anymore to add personal info on Facebook
the site has become so much popular with at least a billion people that have registered
that it is very dangerousnow more then ever ..
only a comment or an action on FB can cause grave consequences in the futur
im sure if we had a billion people on ATS it will be more safer then FB for sure

A Tennessee man is being charged with murder after killing a couple who deleted his ADULT daughter on Facebook from their friends list.

The police say Marvin Potter's daughter was harrassing Billy Payne Jr. and Billie Jean Hayworth after they deleted her.

Payne and Hayworth were found dead with their baby laying, unharmed thankfully, in Hayworth's arms. Potter is being charged with two counts of first degree murder.

so Again .. DONT REGISTER ON FB FOR YOUR OWN SAKE
because it will eventualy follow you 4 ever
edit on 2/9/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hessdalen
reply to post by juleol

because IRC did not have a huge marketing campain, is not easy to use (like failbook) and does not have these fancy options...

It is definitely not hard to use, since even my dad was able to use irc clients like mIRC.
Marketing and social pressure probably has a big part though.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Brad-H

Being Jewish has everything to do with it due to the fact that its the Jews who are the ones with the agenda here.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Explain to me how exactly facebook is going to control me again?

The government could track you I suppose but then I only use facebook when I'm at home, unlike people who waltz around with their GPS capable phones using it. But even then what exactly do they, TPTB and facebook, plan on doing with useless meme posts and endless requests to play crappy games? Are they going to come and arrest you for breaking facebook Terms and Service? Are they going to hack your account and force you to change your relationship status?

I mean don't get me wrong I think people these days spend way too much time on facebook and the advertising is supposedly about to get worse but I fail to see it as some evil plot. Greedy maybe but that's about it.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I use Facebook to chat with friends. I don't give it any more information than necessary.. or any sensitive information.

I think having a Facebook, and playing it safe by withholding information is probably safer than being 'off the grid' and being a potential target.

Sovereign or "aware" citizens are probably who they are most interested in.. and a good portion of those people don't have Facebook.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join