It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Law officers find notorious fugitive from Britain living in Ozark

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   

OZARK, Mo. -- Federal officials arrested a man here who has been wanted in England for 19 years for stealing 1 million pounds (English currency) from a bank delivery van. A British newspaper reported last month that “Fast” Eddie Maher committed the perfect crime.

Josh Nixon, a spokesman for the FBI’s office in Springfield, says Maher was arrested at a home in Ozark where he was living. Nixon says Maher was working for a cable TV company. Nixon said law enforcement officers don’t know how long Maher lived in Ozark.

Nixon says the Ozark Police Department checked out a tip that Maher was wanted in England, and then alerted the FBI and immigration officials. Nixon says Immigration and Customs Enforcement are holding him and will work with Interpol and British law enforcement officers to get him sent home.

Click link for remainder of article.

edit on 9-2-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Talk about a small world...

I wonder what the odds are for a person in a small town (Ozark MO is about 10k people and just south of Springfield MO - pop 170k +/-) to come across a fugitive wanted in another country.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   
He has stolen £1,000,000 from a bank delivery van ? Unless someone got hurt or killed in the event I see no crime here. After stealing zillions from every dead and living person on this planet, all known banks seem to be doing quite well. Their CEO's at least...

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Amazing story, but at the end of the day, the bankers at the very top are probably stealing this much on a daily basis from the different ponzi schemes they have set up, and we allow that to continue because it is the system, so that makes it fine.. Oh the irony of it all, why would anyone who stole that much be working for a cable company? They must have been big gambling debts!.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Nixon says the Ozark Police Department checked out a tip that Maher was wanted in England, and then alerted the FBI and immigration officials. Nixon says Immigration and Customs Enforcement are holding him and will work with Interpol and British law enforcement officers to get him sent home.

Click link for remainder of article.

edit on 9-2-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

I can almost bet it was an ex-girlfriend seeking revenge that made the tip off.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   
19 years ago 1 millions pounds would go a lot further than it does today

and he ended up workin as a cable guy in the ozarks?

where did it all go wrong?

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

We had that guy arrested about 50 miles from us in the UK who was the basis for the Texas Chainsaw Massacre - i can't remember his name but he was the one who butchered the Mormons going door to door. That was also in a small village.

The moral is, if someone foreign and suspicious looking moves near you, be aware - particularly if they build a very large basement!

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by trisvonbis

Well how about the fact it was an armed robbery? Some old guy security guard will have been dragged out of the van and threatened at gun point. Personally, i would call that a crime.

top topics

join